Alright guys, trade deadline tomorrow, thoughts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Alright guys, trade deadline tomorrow, thoughts?

Gordon and Sanders are realistic trade scenarios. I like the DT idea Rogers seems plausible. Taylor would take some good draft picks and the Browns defense is one of the only good things about their team I doubt the would want to get rid of him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Any above .500 team that gets Fitzgerald becomes a legit threat to SB (teams like Green Bay, San Fran, Cowboys, KC, etc....) but it has to fit financially.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

No quick fixes at WR, I would hope BB is looking for a DT though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Fitz's contract is too big and too complicated to trade midseason. Plus, Arizona is a legit contender. They have an excellent defense, and they're in the wild card hunt at this point. 

Gordon is possible but Cleveland won't let him go cheap and there's a big suspension risk. It's just hard to see much happening. Not many teams with tradeable contracts that are out of contention and willing to can their season. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

Ideally, i would like to see Jordan Cameron in a Pats uniform. I also think that NE and ATL have a good relationship and could work a deal where Gonzo comes to NE for his final run.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

For all you guys out there wishing for another receiver,STOP it! Even the best WR's can't learn the New England offense in time to of any use. Plus what everyone seems to be forgetting is that the Patriots have three guys waiting to come back too the active roster: Armstead, Harrison and Vereen will all be eligible after the bye week. Vereen of course is the top guy in that group of returnees, a matchup nightmare if he's 100%.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tony g would be ideal, but don't see it.

we should have upped the ante on sanders and passed on amendola. Sanders would have cost half the money and would have been on the field more. Anyway, good to make another run at him now, but the price is now less than a third. It should be anyway. 

normally I would say a DT, but without knowing Kelly and armstead timetable, I cant. If both Kelly and armstead can get on the field in the next 2 weeks, I would ride with vellano and jones. Both are playing well. 

If we could get Jared Allen and fit him under the cap, I would do it. He and jones on the outside, velano and jones inside with nink, hightower and spikes at lb would be a very good front 7. 

[/QUOTE]

To me Armstead is still a major unknown. The guy hasn't even practiced in pads with an NFL team yet. Counting on him to give you anything right now might be a fools mission if you have the ability to add depth over him. I would still go after a DT, maybe not a starter but certainly a run stuffing sub player. If Armstead turns out to be what we need great, we roll 5 DT's moving forward. If Armstead turns out to be a JAGFTCFL then you were prepared and have a run stuffing guy already on the roster.

I'm still surprised everyone is putting so much faith into a CFL player who's never even participated in a full NFL practice that he can step in instantly after not playing for almost a full year, mid season and be a productive player

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Tony g would be ideal, but don't see it.

we should have upped the ante on sanders and passed on amendola. Sanders would have cost half the money and would have been on the field more. Anyway, good to make another run at him now, but the price is now less than a third. It should be anyway. 

normally I would say a DT, but without knowing Kelly and armstead timetable, I cant. If both Kelly and armstead can get on the field in the next 2 weeks, I would ride with vellano and jones. Both are playing well. 

If we could get Jared Allen and fit him under the cap, I would do it. He and jones on the outside, velano and jones inside with nink, hightower and spikes at lb would be a very good front 7. 

[/QUOTE]

To me Armstead is still a major unknown. The guy hasn't even practiced in pads with an NFL team yet. Counting on him to give you anything right now might be a fools mission if you have the ability to add depth over him. I would still go after a DT, maybe not a starter but certainly a run stuffing sub player. If Armstead turns out to be what we need great, we roll 5 DT's moving forward. If Armstead turns out to be a JAGFTCFL then you were prepared and have a run stuffing guy already on the roster.

I'm still surprised everyone is putting so much faith into a CFL player who's never even participated in a full NFL practice that he can step in instantly after not playing for almost a full year, mid season and be a productive player

[/QUOTE]

I hear what you are saying but the one unknown is what bb thinks of armstead. Yes, he hasn't made it on the field, and we haven't seen him, but we also aren't privy to knowing or seeing everything about him. 

If a good DT is available, a something better than vellano or jones which I think have been playing very well considering, then yeah do it. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

For a 6-2 team, we have so many holes....so little time.  I'm hoping for ANYTHING and ANYONE who could help our team.  OL, WR, TE, DT, ILB, etc.  I'd be happy with any kind of upgrade. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

I hear what you are saying but the one unknown is what bb thinks of armstead. Yes, he hasn't made it on the field, and we haven't seen him, but we also aren't privy to knowing or seeing everything about him. 

If a good DT is available, a something better than vellano or jones which I think have been playing very well considering, then yeah do it. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes BB is a wild card but in reality BB loves to stash UDFA's and rooks on PuPs and IR's to only cut them next year or sneak them to PS. Carter, Francis, Tarp, Pryor there is a long history of fringe players that BB has kept around for a year or longer who he's played the PuP/IR/PS game with or players he liked for 1 yr then dumped immediately after. I do trust BB on most DL (still didn't understand the Brace pick) so I know he has a good eye for DL but even he would admit until they get pads on you don't know what you have. So, until we actually see what Armstead can do with pads I would treat him more as a none factor as I would hope BB would do. Imo only desperate coaches put hopes into players coming back and only the most desperate put that faith into a rook coming back mid season. I don't see BB as that desperate so I do hope he has another plan and anything Armstead gives this year is gravy

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Jared Allen

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What I think will happen? Nothing

What I would want to happen? well a lot of things

DT - I really and I mean really want Taylor but that's not going to happen so someone a little more realistic is Shaun Rodgers. Big run stuffing DT that can play on early downs for either Vellano or Jones in rotation and then taken off the field on passing downs. Last year of a cheap contract and is a quick fit since he won't be asked to do anything but plug a hole in the center and stop the run. Should also cost an extra cheap pick like 7th round type of pick. Maybe even McLendon from Pitt. Could we get Sanders and McLendon in a package deal for Bolden/Blount and a 3rd?

[/QUOTE]

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9868354/schefter-blitz-five-trades-make-sense

I agree - With the trade deadline coming up it would be nice to see the Patriots reinforce their DL with another decent player. I don't know much about Linval Joseph but would he be worth a 3rd round pick?

Would this trade make sense for the Giants? I think we need to make a move here on defense if we expect to go anywhere in the post season. I sort of expect the Patriots to try and do something over the next day or so.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Giants would hang up on any Patriot phone calls.

All the guys being mentioned would never fit in under the CAP so trades can't happen. How in heck could you fit Fitz 18 million in next year...let alone it breaks the nobody makes more than Brady rule.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Giants would hang up on any Patriot phone calls.

All the guys being mentioned would never fit in under the CAP so trades can't happen. How in heck could you fit Fitz 18 million in next year...let alone it breaks the nobody makes more than Brady rule.

[/QUOTE]

Actually a lot of players people have mention could and would fit under the cap. Of course Fitz would be the exception and wouldn't fit at all but a lot of guys mentioned are in rook contracts, contracts that are expiring, or have reasonable deals in which most of the signing bonus is already accounted for leaving mostly base salary to deal with. As for the Giants why would they hang up? The coaches have a long standing respect for each other, the teams have a good respect for each other (as shown by there preseason games every year) and as far as I know there is no bad blood between the clubs

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

It's the Ballard issue with Giants management that would get you the hang up, not from the coaches.

Allen wouldn't fit under the CAP, would Nicks?

Don't get me wrong, would love to see a DT brought in, and perhaps now an OT, but between the asking price, CAP room and expiring contracts I realize getting anyone of talent is a tough maneuver at this point.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

We won't make a deal today.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

DID WE GET ANYONE YET?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Vincent Jackson is coming per Schiano. Gift to BB before he gets fired! If Not, We are going for Larry in offsesaon. Larry isnt going anywhere today.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Pats need a WR most imo.

-Larry Fitz, a dream but maybe the guy says screw all these bad Qbs i've dealt with. lemme take a pay cut and try to turn around an offense and get a real SB shot. and Fitz is a smart guy he will learn the offense. what would the price be though??

-Josh Gordon, rumors about teams offering for him. maybe a more reasonable option but how smart is the guy? the talent is insane but what's his football IQ? and what would it take? mallet and a second?

-Hakeem Nicks, don't like guys that have stone hands... but he does have talent. i wouldn't pay much for him. they rumor it to be a 3rd? too high for me.. still could help though.

-Emmanuel Sanders, if the rumors are true that the Pats may make a run at Emmanuel that would be nice. i would assume the price is still a 3rd? to me that is a little high... but we'll see on that.

-Kenny Britt, this guy could be cheap. rumor is 7th rounder gets the deal done. problem is this guy is an idiot. cant control himself and how can he be trusted to learn this complex O? i doubt it. he's talented sure but it will take too much time to get him in the mix. i don't like this one.

Fitz isn't getting traded.  The Cardinals would eat an enormous amount of dead money from his signing bonus if he was traded.  Plus he would have to agree to a massive pay cut to come here.

Gordon is an intriguing prospect, but I don't see the Browns moving him.  He is cheap and under team control for 2 more years.  They traded Richardson because he was playing like a JAG.  Gordon isn't.

Nicks is done imo.  The guy has struggled with nagging injuries for years and it looks like they have finally caught up to him.  The guy hasn't been a true impact player since 2011.  Plus he is looking to get paid so there is no way we keep him.  No thanks.

Sanders I would only take if the price was lower.  No reason to pay the same draft comp as before since the season is half over and the Steelers have zero leverage.  I am a bit concerned about any WR coming in midseason, but I would do it if the price was a later than 3rd round pick.

Britt is a headcase and an underachiever.  No thanks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Yes, it is guzzling the kool-aid to actually believe that rookie receivers like KT and AD need time to develop or that they are begining to make contributions like oh, catching a winning TD pass with 5 seconds on the clock or perhaps averaging 15/ypc including getting open for a clutch pass from TB for a TD.  kool-aid to be sure.

If the Pats do make a trade, I believe it will be for a DT, LB or DB.  Outside chance they'll trade for an OT.  My 2 cents.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Jackson is making 13 Mil + in 2013, all of it guaranteed, so 6 mil remaing?

WE need value but those guys will have risk.

Kenny Britt can be had for a 6th

Vinny Curry has been poorly handled in Philly and can be had for a 4th/5th. I would take him in a second.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Trade WW for Amendola.  Warning, you may have to commit to Amendola for an extra 3 years and he has some injury concerns BUT you can get him for $1M per year less than WW.  Do it BB, DOOOO EEEEET!!!!

wait....wha????

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jared Allen

[/QUOTE]

Tues Oct29 Sports news headlines

Tony Gonzalez 'would listen' if Falcons want to trade him

Though Tony G would be a boost to the offense, an analysis of the Pats shows that their biggest weakness is DL. The PAts only have til midnight tonight. Let's hope they make a move!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's the Ballard issue with Giants management that would get you the hang up, not from the coaches.

Allen wouldn't fit under the CAP, would Nicks?

Don't get me wrong, would love to see a DT brought in, and perhaps now an OT, but between the asking price, CAP room and expiring contracts I realize getting anyone of talent is a tough maneuver at this point.

[/QUOTE]

Ballard I don't think is an issue otherwise they wouldn't have played each other this preseason. Not to mention where is Ballard now? Little hard to have bad blood when the guy isn't even playing.

Nicks is in the last year of his rook deal and considering it's half way through the season and you only have to cover the base salary for that rook deal (Giants already covered the signing bonus the first week) yes Nicks would easily fit under. Now resigning is a different deal.

Allens base is $14.2 this year so the remained should come out to around $7.5. As of today it would be difficult but they could make room with an extension or contract rework to someone to make room. Now I don't think that's a smart idea but yes they can find a way to make room for him. Since this is the last year of his extension adding him would only affect cap space that can be carried over into next year which we are currently under (barely but under).

So, while I wouldn't make either deal both deals are actually possible but you mentioned 3 players, one of which will most definately fit under the cap, one you'd have to make some room but could fit under, and one you couldn't. There are a ton of other names mentioned in this thread who all could fit in under the cap too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

In response to viewer222's comment:

Tues Oct29 Sports news headlines

Tony Gonzalez 'would listen' if Falcons want to trade him

Though Tony G would be a boost to the offense, an analysis of the Pats shows that their biggest weakness is DL. The PAts only have til midnight tonight. Let's hope they make a move!

Isn't it ironic that one of the SB contenders this year is Gonzo's former team?