Am I crazy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Am I crazy?

Yes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Haynesworth doesn't want to touch the 3-4.  That's his problem in Washington.  BB doesn't want an overpaid complainer.  Haynesworth used to be great but now he's a bit worn down with age, although teams like Washington will overpay for him.

Oh, and yes you are crazy.  I am sitting right behind you in your home as you read this.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Yes your crazy - you do realize that the reason why Haynesworth and management arent getting along is cuz Haynesworth doesnt want to play in a 3-4. So what youre stating is bring Haynesworth to the Patriots so he can get here - read the first page of the playbook then demand to be traded again? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I thought I read that Haynesworth does not want to play the NT in the 3-4. Just going off of memory. Anyone clarify?

So, if he does not mind the 3-4 and would play our RDE spot, it would be an interesting thought. Surely next to Wilfork the 2 of them would reak havoc. the only issue I have it not the money, but the attitude. He just doesn't seem like a team first guy to me. if that is the case, I would pass on him. We need to build team chemistry, not detract from it. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Crazy?...I would say yes and no.

If,

a) Haynesworth wanted to play for New England, and,
    b) he was 100% committed to getting into top shape and,
    c) he possessed the humility to not want to break the bank with a huge, restructured contract,

...then I think you'd have to take the guy. Of course, these are 3 HUGE ifs.

While I agree with the posters about the 3-4, BB is a great coach, not an ordinary one. Great coaches are able to adjust the scheme according to the talent, and Haynesworth, at his best, is a game-changing force like few others in the NFL. Besides, other than Vince Wilfork, who on the current Pats D is considered a stud 3-4 only player? It's not like we have a young Seymour, who can occupy a double team on every play.

Of course, a guy like Brandon Spikes might get marginalized if the Pats went 4-3, assuming he doesn't have the speed to play the middle LB spot. But if I have to give up Spikes to get Haynesworth, I can live with that deal.

Haynesworth may be, or may not be, a cancer in the locker room; I honestly don't know. I have known 2 NFL players in the past, however, and I can tell you that what the media reports about locker room attitude is often in direct contrast to what players and coaches are thinking (if not saying). I can also tell you that while losing stinks in any sport, it really wears on you in the NFL, because of the physical beat-down football players have to suffer through. I used to be friends with Lionel "Little Train" James, a running back with the Chargers, and the poor guy could barely walk until Wednesday following each game (and he rarely got 20 carries in a game).

Anyway, perhaps in a profesionally run, winning organization, Albert's perceived head problems go away. BB and the Pats front office would have to weight the ifs to see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i think he would be a perfect fit at RDE in our defense. i can see why he doesnt want to play nose in washington, i'm not sure why they are trying to force that. i get the sense that shanahan is forcing this face off with haynesworth to show the team that he's boss. 
    but anyway he does want to play in an attacking 4-3, but it seems like he would go just about anywhere to get out of washington at this point  (speculation of course). so maybe he would be happy to play here. maybe they would take brace (he could be their NT) and a mid round pick for him.
    anyway obviously this isnt happening, but its fun to speculate. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimNotJimmy. Show JimNotJimmy's posts

you are absolutely crazy sir. Get help.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In Response to Am I crazy?:
    Thinking that if Washington moved Haynesworth that he would look great along side Vince. A 3rd of his contract is already paid for, the balance might be workable.
    Posted by 183CLV

Haynesworth is a great player however his behavior is inverse proportional to his playing.  He is hard to control and does what he wants.  He's a player that will not have a long career in the NFL because of his antics.  It's quite obvious to that he was playing for a big contract his last year at Tennessee.  He hasn't done much sense.  Bottom line is the guy's a nut job and Belichick doesn't want that around.  No way he ends up here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We can't afford him, Snyder won't pay the rest of his contract. Would it be great to have Haynesworth-- yes.

I doubt Belichick could change Haynesworth POV about playing in the 3-4 either becuase Haynesworth was willing to leave Jeff Fisher and Mike Shanahan, both prestigious coaches, he won't listen to Belichick. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Am I crazy?:
    Haynesworth doesn't want to touch the 3-4.  That's his problem in Washington.  BB doesn't want an overpaid complainer.  Haynesworth used to be great but now he's a bit worn down with age, although teams like Washington will overpay for him. Oh, and yes you are crazy.  I am sitting right behind you in your home as you read this.
    Posted by Paul_K

I thought he wanted to be end in the 3-4 while Shanahan told him he would be NT.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

Al Haynesworth is one angry man

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

speaking of haynesworth...i dont think brady ever fully recovered from that hit haynesworth put on him during the preseason last year. i really think that was the worst hit brady has ever taken (not counting the knee injury, which wasnt so much a case of a big hit).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

1. yes your crazy
    2. no I don't want Albert he is a malcontent that is not likely to drink the "cool"aid
    3. Money is a little bit of an issue
    4. I like making numbered lists
    5. I had one to many Guinesses
    6. Is there such a thing as one to many Guinesses?