Amendola

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Amendola

Expected to miss 2-6 weeks, per NFL network.

There are a few people that told us this was going to happen...they were right. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

Re: Amendola

Pity about being injury prone because the guy can sure make plays. One thing you have to admire with WW, he could take some amount of hits and just bounce right back, hard as nails.                    

/x/details.png /x/bookmark.png

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Wes went down without even being hit . . . the big break was it was at the end of the season. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to irishfanatic's comment:

Pity about being injury prone because the guy can sure make plays. One thing you have to admire with WW, he could take some amount of hits and just bounce right back, hard as nails.                    

I totally agree and loved Wes's toughness.  But wasn't one of Amendola's injuries a foot?  Non-contact.  And this injury is a non-contact injury as well.  I'm pretty sure his only contact injury was a shoulder. It's not as if he got blasted and couldn't get back up because he's not tough.  Seems he needs to stretch more or eat a better diet.  My God, Danny.  Stay healthy!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I agree.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He'll be alright, let's just hope his injuries for the season end here.

Vince Wilfork #75 Miami U

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/masterwhitaker06/FATMANINTERCEPTION.gif

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Loved Wes when he was here.  Love Danny's toughness.  Let's see how he bounces back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

To repeat; WW arguably lb for lb the toughest player in the NFL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Sadly some will dismiss this as another"freak" injury. "It's not like his injuries are chronic medical issues....just freak accidents" some said. Nonsense. He is prone to injury. Be it genetics, luck, style...I don't know But it's real.

sometimes you gotta call a spade a spade. He is talented but can not be counted on. Past, present and probably future.

those who chided wes welker as he walked out the door should remember one thing ...he didn't limp out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

the pats need players they can count on, guy plays 1 game and now hes out for 6 weeks, what a bum , bad roster mgt

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

why 2 -6 weeks - What's wrong with him?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

It is what it is, time for someone else to step up.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

We may be looking at the shorter end of that time frame after he showed his toughness by coming back and played the second half in that Bills game while hurt.

Living well is the best revenge.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Gravelten4's comment:

Sadly some will dismiss this as another"freak" injury. "It's not like his injuries are chronic medical issues....just freak accidents" some said. Nonsense. He is prone to injury. Be it genetics, luck, style...I don't know But it's real.

sometimes you gotta call a spade a spade. He is talented but can not be counted on. Past, present and probably future.

those who chided wes welker as he walked out the door should remember one thing ...he didn't limp out.

Sadly?  Because some happen to view the situation differently than you do?  No disrespect but I view that as one of the best things about being a fan.  If we all saw it the same way what a pathetically dull forum this would be. 

You may be right.  Danny may be a disaster or perhaps not.  I choose to wait and see how things unfold over the season before I decide he was a mistake.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

I always wondered if the reason why his drop rate skyrocketed the last 2 years if it was because he was playing hurt, especially towards the end of the year.

WOuld explain why he would disappear in the postseason.

All I care about is health in January for this team. It's killed us a ton since 2007.   

Well the problem is that guy (Wes) helped get them to the playoffs and we have a guy (Amendola) who may not contribute enough to help us get there...that's a problem. I think the guy is a great player - I also think his body can't do it (same for Edelman) - it's not that he's not tough or doesn't have heart...it's that he can't do it...he's not built for it. This signing was a big big gamble, and I think it was a mistake.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Well maybe if BB stopped shopping at the bargain basement for damaged, distressed, and discontinued merchandise....... we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Or is it under rocks in the weeds?  OH well, carry on team..

Gooooooooo Defense!

"The worse New England has gotten on defense, the better Brady has been forced to become -- with 109 touchdowns, 20 interceptions and a 39-9 record the past three seasons. "

CLARK JUDGE______7/13/13_____________________________________

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

No doubt the guy has talent, I think we all knew that and I don't think anyone was really knocking him so much for that.  Yes, I do think Welker is better but I would certainly agree that DA is talented, no doubt about it.  cked him for that.  The big knock is his durability.  It was all about the risk that I didn't like.  We have a window of opportunity here, taking these type of risks at this time is not a smart move,.  Not sure why BB doesn't understand this.  According to some he is supposed to be the greatest GM ever, yet made a bad decision here, imo.  Pretty sure our HOF QB is not happy with the moves the GM has made.  Sometimes ego is a b @#$h, and I think BB has a problem with his. 

Some of us were not one bit comfortable in taking the chance on him when we had a tough as nails, very productive receiver.  You all know how I felt about this move in the first place so I will leave it at that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to NYPat's comment:

why 2 -6 weeks - What's wrong with him?

groin. Groins can be very pesky injures that can last whole seasons. If they didn't rush him back from the issue in the preseason he might be ready by Oct now maybe mid-end of Oct all because they and he wanted to prove he wasn't injury prone.

This is one time I really hate being right

So Rusty am I still over reacting that I wanted additional people behind Amendola because he was injury prone or that Wilson wasn't give us much this year and not to expect him to be a starter or that Armstead wouldn't be a starter off the bat. Oh wait I have you on ignore because you went overboard ranting and raving about how I went nuts when discussing this problems right after they were signed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Well maybe if BB stopped shopping at the bargain basement for damaged, distressed, and discontinued merchandise....... we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Or is it under rocks in the weeds?  OH well, carry on team..

Gooooooooo Defense!

"The worse New England has gotten on defense, the better Brady has been forced to become -- with 109 touchdowns, 20 interceptions and a 39-9 record the past three seasons. "

CLARK JUDGE______7/13/13_____________________________________

Dude, why are you always so miserable? 

And bargain shopping?  Danny got more than Wes was offered.  Obviously that isn't looking good right now but who knows how it will pay off down the stretch?  If Danny is healthy in the playoffs and actually catches a pass when it matters (like he showed last Sunday) unlike somebody we know, then the choice was a good one.  We shall see.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

How pathetic.  I would love to hear some peoples excuses

"Amendola's  injuries were freak accidents"

"Bill Belichick knows what he is doing letting Welker go"

"Amendola will be more productive than Welker"

Yeah right.   It is pathetic as much as it is predictable.  There is such a thing as "injury prone players".  Amendola is one of them. Welker is not.

Now the Patriots have one of the most pathetic receiving groups in the league without a doubt.   Letting Brandon Lloyd go just to save 3 million when you are nowhere near the max salary cap. He signed at a discount already.  3 years / 12 million is a great bargain for Lloyd.  

What's next?  Going to call Deion Branch back?  Stallworth?  How about Reche Caldwell? 

Brady has to be absolutely livid at what he is being asked to win with.  Edelman is his #1 receiver, that tells you how bad it's gotten.   How about the Pats try to acquire a stud receiver through a trade? Just give up a first rounder if you have to,  you know it's going to be wasted on a  useless CB or S  anyway.

How can anyone actually argue that Belichick did what was best for the team? Letting a durable Welker go,  replace him with the human glass vase Amendola, and let  Lloyd go to save a few million, is best for the team?  Now Amendola is out for at least a month, and knowing his injury history, this wont be the only time he misses during this season.

If it's going to be an interview, I'm going to conduct it. So, I'll answer my own questions, ask myself the questions and then give you all the answers.

-- Randy Moss