An Honest look at the Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick4Colts. Show Rick4Colts's posts

An Honest look at the Game

I guess I will come here as the week goes along to see what you guys are thinking.. The biggest thing I think you guys need to look at is the fact the colts have two new coaches. Head coach of course, and a new defensive coach... For the first time in a while the Patriots will be facing a Colts team with a good defense. The Colts are able to stop the run, and they have given up less points then enyone in the league... You dont hear much about this, cause of The Manning/ Brady factor, But I do think this is the most significant difference since the time the last the met. Anyway an honest. replay and opinion is welcome!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Re: An Honest look at the Game

I think the Colts have only allowed 7 fewer points than the Pats.  But that's alright, because none of that will matter after the game is over Sunday.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

In Response to An Honest look at the Game:
    [QUOTE]... For the first time in a while the Patriots will be facing a Colts team with a good defense.
    Posted by Rick4Colts[/QUOTE]

I dunno about that. I seem to remember them having a pretty good D that year they won the super bowl. A bit 'small', but they flew around and caused turnovers. I've never felt they were 'horrible', e.g., we always seem to tank a lot of the Ds on high scoring teams, but it is a double edged sword... if your O scores quickly/often, it just means your D is on the field and may tire out by the end of the game, possibly inflating some 'poor' D numbers as well.. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]I guess I will come here as the week goes along to see what you guys are thinking.. The biggest thing I think you guys need to look at is the fact the colts have two new coaches. Head coach of course, and a new defensive coach... For the first time in a while the Patriots will be facing a Colts team with a good defense. The Colts are able to stop the run, and they have given up less points then enyone in the league... You dont hear much about this, cause of The Manning/ Brady factor, But I do think this is the most significant difference since the time the last the met. Anyway an honest. replay and opinion is welcome!

Hey Rick4Colts! Welcome to our board. Nobody has been able to stop our juggernaut running game thus far this season! LOL! We have the best dancing running back in the league in our backfield. I don't think you have anything to worry about there!!! For us it is stopping Dallas Clark and knocking Payaton on his azzzzzzzz a few times without getting the obligatory flag!!! I predict that you will get 20 yards in penalties all game..at meaningless times where it doesn't jeopardize the outcome. I predict that we will get 100+ yards in penalties at the worst possible times....with at least one endzone PI call during the last Dolt drive...just to make it interesting. I also predict the the enhanced accoustics of the Dome will ensure a vibrant level of noise support for your team at critical times on the O & D side of the ball. And finally, I predict that the temperature in the Dome will rise by at least 30+ degrees after half-time if the Patriots happen to be ahead. But, I do believe that our Patriots will survive and win a close game with many controversial calls by the officials and alot of carping on the part of fans on both sides. In other words a typical Patriots-Dolt regular season game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]I guess I will come here as the week goes along to see what you guys are thinking.. The biggest thing I think you guys need to look at is the fact the colts have two new coaches. Head coach of course, and a new defensive coach... For the first time in a while the Patriots will be facing a Colts team with a good defense. The Colts are able to stop the run, and they have given up less points then enyone in the league... You dont hear much about this, cause of The Manning/ Brady factor, But I do think this is the most significant difference since the time the last the met. Anyway an honest. replay and opinion is welcome!

Never had a good D? They'd be surprised to hear that. Currently they're ranked 8th while the Pats are 7th. Last season they were 11th and in 07 they were 3rd.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

In Response to Re: An Honest look at the Game:
    [QUOTE]In Response to An Honest look at the Game : Hey Rick4Colts! Welcome to our board. Nobody has been able to stop our juggernaut running game thus far this season! LOL! We have the best dancing running back in the league in our backfield. I don't think you have anything to worry about there!!! For us it is stopping Dallas Clark and knocking Payaton on his azzzzzzzz a few times without getting the obligatory flag!!! I predict that you will get 20 yards in penalties all game..at meaningless times where it doesn't jeopardize the outcome. I predict that we will get 100+ yards in penalties at the worst possible times....with at least one endzone PI call during the last Dolt drive...just to make it interesting. I also predict the the enhanced accoustics of the Dome will ensure a vibrant level of noise support for your team at critical times on the O & D side of the ball. And finally, I predict that the temperature in the Dome will rise by at least 30+ degrees after half-time if the Patriots happen to be ahead. But, I do believe that our Patriots will survive and win a close game with many controversial calls by the officials and alot of carping on the part of fans on both sides. In other words a typical Patriots-Dolt regular season game.
    Posted by bradleyBliss[/QUOTE]

You're an embarrassment to real Pats fans everywhere. Learn something about football or jump off the bandwagon

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Re: An Honest look at the Game What??????????????

DICK4DOLTS

This is a Patriots Fans site. You know the Patriots, we have been beating on you folks like we bought you in a store for much of the past 10 years. Coming here for an honest look at the game is like showing up eating a rib at a PETA rally. Not a great idea ok Skippy.  

I really appreciate you wanting to be friends, but this is not the place nor the time.

See we get so fired up to play(whoop on your a--) each year that we might just not like hearing from you.

Now if want to drop by on Monday for a chat about the thumping we give you folks on Sunday, hey I'll be your huckleberry, just come on by.

PETA means (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals ) You know kinda like when you rub down your sheep real nice like.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

I hate when Colts fans or Jets fans come here and pretend they want to have a fun, interesting chat about football. So transparent. Go away. Enoy being undefeated for 6 more days.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: An Honest look at the Game : You're an embarrassment to real Pats fans everywhere. Learn something about football or jump off the bandwagon
    Posted by Evil2009[/QUOTE]

Who the H@@l are YOU to refer to ME as an embarrassment???????????????  Name ONE THING in EITHER post that did not actually happen over the last THREE games with them!  YOU are a legend in your own mind pal!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick4Colts. Show Rick4Colts's posts

The response has been ... ahh Interesting! A few things, I am able to admit weaknesses... I can clearly see strenghts... when I talk about defence, I am refering to the colts defense.... I was married to a die- hard Brady luster....I live 2 hours from Boston... So I am surrounded by Bias Pat fans at work, at home, all over the media, all over New England...So I am always conversing with the enemy.... And yes its not just a Game!! This is bragging rights for the afc... I could careless about pittsburgh... I`d rather win next weeks game then the super bowl as long as the Pats dont win it... I love football, I love fan Loyalty... Pat fans, since Brady, haven`t been able to be honest about short comings/ weaknesses/ potentual problems... They credit themselves for wins, excuse losses as not there fault... 4 things in Football
    1.  Ability---- This is god givin and you must be born with it
    2. Preperation---This is your responsiblity and you have to be discplined to be great at it
    3. Passion--- This is based on ther moment, and generally cannot be coached
    4. Luck---This is completely uncontrolled, tip ball, favorably bounce

I believe either team can win this game, I dont see a blow out on either side, The colts defense right now is the major thing that has changed since the time the last game...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: An Honest look at the Game : Who the H@@l  are YOU to refer to ME as an embarrassment???????????????  Name ONE THING in EITHER post that did not actually happen over the last THREE games with them!  YOU are a legend in your own mind pal!
    Posted by bradleyBliss[/QUOTE]

Really took that like a man didn't you? Generally temper tantrums are reserved for Leon Bugboy and his multible personalities. Screaming caps are certainly the hallmark of a two year old mentallity. Thanks for the laugh. Oh and I don't recallever saying I was a legend. Unlike you I don't need the web to feel important.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrizutko. Show jrizutko's posts

[QUOTE] I dont see a blow out on either side, The colts defense right now is the major thing that has changed since the time the last game...

I respect the Colts in general, but I think the only real edge they have this Sunday is home field advatage.  Unit by unit, the pats have a wash or advantage.

QB - Even
    Receivers - Slight edge Pats
    RBs - Even
    O-Line - Pats
    Front 7 - Even
    DBs - Pats
    Kicking game - Wash (Pats better return teams, Colts better coverage teams)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

[QUOTE]The response has been ... ahh Interesting! A few things, I am able to admit weaknesses... I can clearly see strenghts... when I talk about defence, I am refering to the colts defense.... I was married to a die- hard Brady luster....I live 2 hours from Boston... So I am surrounded by Bias Pat fans at work, at home, all over the media, all over New England...So I am always conversing with the enemy.... And yes its not just a Game!! This is bragging rights for the afc... I could careless about pittsburgh... I`d rather win next weeks game then the super bowl as long as the Pats dont win it... I love football, I love fan Loyalty... Pat fans, since Brady, haven`t been able to be honest about short comings/ weaknesses/ potentual problems... They credit themselves for wins, excuse losses as not there fault... 4 things in Football 1.  Ability---- This is god givin and you must be born with it 2. Preperation---This is your responsiblity and you have to be discplined to be great at it 3. Passion--- This is based on ther moment, and generally cannot be coached 4. Luck---This is completely uncontrolled, tip ball, favorably bounce I believe either team can win this game, I dont see a blow out on either side, The colts defense right now is the major thing that has changed since the time the last game...

OK-- I will have a legit chat with you--- just my opinion.

Patriots will take away Dallas Clark just like they did with Atlanta and Tony Gonzalez.  That will leave Reggie Wayne as Peyton's main Target on Sunday.  Addai will have to play well and The Colts will need Garcon/Collie to have a big game.  As far as your Defense being better-- without Bob Sanders?  Who have you Played--- lets see--- The Rams, Titans, Seahawks, Jags, 49ers(who you barely beat @home)-- The Dolphins with weak armed Chad pennington and you should have lost that game--- The Texans have a nice team but still have not figured out how to win the close ones yet and your only Impressive win @ the Cardinals.  Yes, they are all wins and there is absolutely nothing better then winning the games you are supposed to win-- very commendable but my point is your defense is not as good as you think.

The Patriots have their areas of opportunities too--- I think the game will be decided by which team converts more opportunies on 3rd down, especially in the red zone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick4Colts. Show Rick4Colts's posts

I thought I said the Pats might win the game.... I said, the biggiest difference is the Colts have a better defence then in recent years past. The stats do prove this. Clearly no body will predict a shoe in for either team. Preperation will be equal. Ability will be equal. Passion will be equal... The deciding factor will be luck!!!!!!!! A tipped ball, A bad call, The bounce of the ball... This intangable will decide this game, because there will not be a blow out on either side!!! No one can coach luck or predict it!!! God I love that Horseshoe!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Colts are a joke! Who have they played?? How many games has the Polian factor of "instructing" the ref crews of what to watch for been a factor???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]I thought I said the Pats might win the game.... I said, the biggiest difference is the Colts have a better defence then in recent years past. The stats do prove this. Clearly no body will predict a shoe in for either team. Preperation will be equal. Ability will be equal. Passion will be equal... The deciding factor will be luck!!!!!!!! A tipped ball, A bad call, The bounce of the ball... This intangable will decide this game, because there will not be a blow out on either side!!! No one can coach luck or predict it!!! God I love that Horseshoe!

Welcome aboard Rick..It's only fair to warn you that we are going to rip you here because that's what we do. The Focus this week will be on The refs taking care of the Colts at home, the schedule makers sticking us in Indy again and the canned applause they are piping in through the P.A. system. The Pats should be able to overcome these handicaps and win however.Pats by 1...28-27

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

My stats have got the Patriots as 2.8 point favorites at Lucas Oilfield.  I operate on the "who beat who else by how much, and lately" theory. 

The Colts took a slight tumble in my rankings when they beat Houston simply because Houston couldn't kick a 42 yard tying field goal.  Maybe if Indy had blocked the attempt I'd have more respect for the team, but one team depending on the other kicker to freeze out is not a replicable advantage, unless you're a fan of "The Men Who Stare At Goats".  Much the same score was true throughout the game, so the final score was no fluke. 

Indy is 8th in my power rankings of the 32 teams.  If the season restarted tomorrow and teams played random opponents, Indy would be about a 12-4 team (ok, only 11.7, not quite 12).  The Patriots are at 15.6 this Monday, tops in the NFL by 2.2 games.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick4Colts. Show Rick4Colts's posts

[QUOTE]Colts are a joke! Who have they played?? How many games has the Polian factor of "instructing" the ref crews of what to watch for been a factor???
    Posted by ccsjl[/QUOTE]

I know I wish Manning/ Wayne/ Clark/ Addia/ Freeny/ Saturday didn`t have all those Refes in all those pockets!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick4Colts. Show Rick4Colts's posts

[QUOTE]My stats have got the Patriots as 2.8 point favorites at Lucas Oilfield.  I operate on the "who beat who else by how much, and lately" theory.  The Colts took a slight tumble in my rankings when they beat Houston simply because Houston couldn't kick a 42 yard tying field goal.  Maybe if Indy had blocked the attempt I'd have more respect for the team, but one team depending on the other kicker to freeze out is not a replicable advantage, unless you're a fan of "The Men Who Stare At Goats".  Much the same score was true throughout the game, so the final score was no fluke.  Indy is 8th in my power rankings of the 32 teams.  If the season restarted tomorrow and teams played random opponents, Indy would be about a 12-4 team (ok, only 11.7, not quite 12).  The Patriots are at 15.6 this Monday, tops in the NFL by 2.2 games.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]
     I`d love to always be 12 and 4... and be considered Dissapointing!!!! Overrate!@!!
    what am I missing?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

I`d love to always be 12 and 4... and be considered Dissapointing!!!! Overrate!@!!
    what am I missing?

Your own site, it is a little west of here and smells like donkey

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick4Colts. Show Rick4Colts's posts

[QUOTE]I`d love to always be 12 and 4... and be considered Dissapointing!!!! Overrate!@!! what am I missing? Your own site, it is a little west of here and smells like donkey
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

who is this?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Rick4Colts... WHAT did you honestly expect coming to a Patriot's fan board and talk about the upcoming game.  There are going to be posts that will riducule you, the Colts, pump up the Pats and all.  Jeez, you even say you are surrounded by Pats fans.  That's like walking in to a biker bar and saying "Harley's all s**k!"  Just don't act surprised.  As for this game...

If anything, regardless of the injuries that have befallen the Colts D, the rest of them will be pumped up for this game.  For one, you have to admit Manning has been playing out of his mind so far this season and is, most likely, the real reason the Colts are 8 - 0.  The last two games against the 49'ers and Texans have to give you pause because both those teams could have won in your dome.  Also, you can't say that the Pats aren't any worse than those two teams, if anything far better.  If there is anything we Pats fans appear to agree about, it is our concerns for the defense.  Seems to bend, but not break, all too often and keeps our fingernails short.  What is also an interesting turnaround this year, the Pats seem to have fewer injuries while the Colts have seen some bad ones hit them.  Already mentioned, penalties.  Seems like there is always that one called against the Pats which is most inopportune for the Pats and comes just at the right time for the Colts.  I wonder which side will scream first when the first roughing the passer flag flies??!! Lastly, once again, the Colts get the comfy, cozy and loud dome for the game.  But, hey, who cares what we say because the game is played on the field and if opinions counted, every team in the NFL would be undefeated right now!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick4Colts. Show Rick4Colts's posts

[QUOTE]Rick4Colts... WHAT did you honestly expect coming to a Patriot's fan board and talk about the upcoming game.  There are going to be posts that will riducule you, the Colts, pump up the Pats and all.  Jeez, you even say you are surrounded by Pats fans.  That's like walking in to a biker bar and saying "Harley's all s**k!"  Just don't act surprised.  As for this game... If anything, regardless of the injuries that have befallen the Colts D, the rest of them will be pumped up for this game.  For one, you have to admit Manning has been playing out of his mind so far this season and is, most likely, the real reason the Colts are 8 - 0.  The last two games against the 49'ers and Texans have to give you pause because both those teams could have won in your dome.  Also, you can't say that the Pats aren't any worse than those two teams, if anything far better.  If there is anything we Pats fans appear to agree about, it is our concerns for the defense.  Seems to bend, but not break, all too often and keeps our fingernails short.  What is also an interesting turnaround this year, the Pats seem to have fewer injuries while the Colts have seen some bad ones hit them.  Already mentioned, penalties.  Seems like there is always that one called against the Pats which is most inopportune for the Pats and comes just at the right time for the Colts.  I wonder which side will scream first when the first roughing the passer flag flies??!! Lastly, once again, the Colts get the comfy, cozy and loud dome for the game.  But, hey, who cares what we say because the game is played on the field and if opinions counted, every team in the NFL would be undefeated right now!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]
     I am here cause its a pats forum. You are right... I dont need to b e in a room where everyone is saying all the same things... What would I learn.. lol, I dont care about what those Pat fans say...they are saying nothing new, nothing interesting.. You are right I am showing a bit concern about the recent inability in the red zone... Please stop whining about the refs!!! Remember the "Tuck Rule" <<<<------ Oh my God! Sorry to bring that up Raider fans

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Rick-  Who is/has replaced Sanders and Jackson?  Anybody with depth?  Is it a big concern for the Colts?