Analysis of Pats vs. Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Analysis of Pats vs. Jets

I would add one more category:

Pats Qb vs Jets QB
    HUGE advantage PATS and TB. 
    Brady can take over a game by himself.  Sancheese cannot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to Re: Analysis of Pats vs. Jets:
    [QUOTE]I would add one more category: Pats Qb vs Jets QB HUGE advantage PATS and TB.  Brady can take over a game by himself.  Sancheese cannot.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

LOL...yeah, i forgot that one :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

This is a wasted post and I will tell you why.

The Jets showed nothing but weakness last night, their run game only worked due to a smaller front d line of the Colts and injuries to them. THe Jets cannot score that well in the red zone, Sanchez is having issues with his accuracey and deep ball and Crom showed he can be beat to the inside of the field.

The Patriots will be fresh, have Spikes back, their D-line will stuff the run and know Tomlinson very well. They will force Snachez and be ready for him. The Patriots running game if you havent noticed is one of the best at this point in time, they have Crumpler and Gronk, and all the other targets, oh and the quaterback that is lighting up the score board every week. Did I mention a guy by the name of WOodhead? The Jets are way over rated and only squeeked by the Colts, the Patriots should and will light them up again

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Jests inability to score more than 17 points against winning teams vrs Pats putting up 30 or more in 8 straight games.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]This is a wasted post and I will tell you why. The Jets showed nothing but weakness last night, their run game only worked due to a smaller front d line of the Colts and injuries to them. THe Jets cannot score that well in the red zone, Sanchez is having issues with his accuracey and deep ball and Crom showed he can be beat to the inside of the field. The Patriots will be fresh, have Spikes back, their D-line will stuff the run and know Tomlinson very well. They will force Snachez and be ready for him. The Patriots running game if you havent noticed is one of the best at this point in time, they have Crumpler and Gronk, and all the other targets, oh and the quaterback that is lighting up the score board every week. Did I mention a guy by the name of WOodhead? The Jets are way over rated and only squeeked by the Colts, the Patriots should and will light them up again
    Posted by Stommmper[/QUOTE]

Stommp, I agree the Patriots are peaking at the right time and playing very well. As the cliche goes, every dog has it's day. Look at Seattle.

The Jets don't score many pts., that's their weakness. Their D is still their stregth as it has been throughout the year. I think they have 6 "last minute" wins this year. That happens because their D has the potential to keep them  hanging around in low scoring games.

They beat us earlier in the season. Later on, both teams evolved. Patriots beat them the second go around.  It's playoff time. The Jets are 1-0, the Patriots are 0-0, and whether u like it or not - the Jets do have the chance to take on the Patriots.

Expect the Jets to play very aggressively at the line of scrimmage and mixing it up between man-to-man vs. zone vs. blitz ....like they did against manning. If the Jets D can keep the Patriots offense in check for a low scoring game by limiting Patriot offensive possessions...I think that is what the Jets are hoping for. If the pats score early and often....then I would agree that the Jets offense is NOT in a position to keep up with us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Dude we steam rolled the Jets on the ground last time around, the Jets run defense is not that good and just imagine what our RB's can do if the Colts lack of RB's were able to break off good sized runs against the Jets. Our team won't have problems picking up 3rd and short like the Colts did. Our run game gets os overlooked because we have such a good passing game that can also use plays to serve as the run game, but thats fine the pats don't mind showing everyone how wrong they are. 

The Jets can play as physically as they want, but they are not a physical team and just don't have the players capable of matching up with the Pats.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]Dude we steam rolled the Jets on the ground last time around, the Jets run defense is not that good and just imagine what our RB's can do if the Colts lack of RB's were able to break off good sized runs against the Jets. Our team won't have problems picking up 3rd and short like the Colts did. Our run game gets os overlooked because we have such a good passing game that can also use plays to serve as the run game, but thats fine the pats don't mind showing everyone how wrong they are.  The Jets can play as physically as they want, but they are not a physical team and just don't have the players capable of matching up with the Pats.
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

For the most part, I agree with you.  Just takes pressure on Brady and a bad day for WRs and TEs to have a game like vs. Cleveland. Many people were sayin' the same thing about the 2007 Patriots....can't lose, blah blah blah.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analysis of Pats vs. Jets : For the most part, I agree with you.  Just takes pressure on Brady and a bad day for WRs and TEs to have a game like vs. Cleveland. Many people were sayin' the same thing about the 2007 Patriots....can't lose, blah blah blah.
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

Just takes all those things. So if all the players on a team have a bad game that team will lose? What indepth analysis!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analysis of Pats vs. Jets : Just takes all those things. So if all the players on a team have a bad game that team will lose? What indepth analysis!
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

Since its no longer regular season play...one loss is all it takes....duh.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoLongHarryTruman. Show SoLongHarryTruman's posts

In Response to Analysis of Pats vs. Jets:
    [QUOTE]Patriots Run offense vs. Jets Run D:
     Jets still do a good job stopping the run. Advantage Jets 

NE's run game is peaking. In the blow out, NE got around 80 yards, was that because we couldn't run, or we didn't have to? Against the #1 run D (Pit) Pats gained about 100 yards. I think NY sells out on pass defense and the Pats have a big day running.

Passing Offense vs. Jets Pass D: Pats got too many weapons, even if the Jets have Revis. Advantage Patriots 

Agreed. NE's diverse offensive approach makes Revis a non-factor. Cromartie can't defend the TE's or Welker.  As long as TB stays on his feet this is probably the game advantage.

Patriots Kicking vs. Jets Kicking Special Teams: Graham kicks short, Jets have Holmes and Cromartie and may give the Jets good field position. Advantage Jets 

Statistacally the Jets are better, but not by much. I see it more as a push.

Patriots Punting vs. Jets Punting Special Teams: Push. The Zoltan does a pretty good job, but so does Cromartie. Advantate: Push 

Jets Run Offense vs. Patriots Run D  Yeah, I don't like LT and Green do a decent job Advantage: Jets 

If there's an edge, its pretty minimal. In the blow out, NY had roughly 110 rushing yards. I suspect a lot of that came in garbage time. Push.

Jets Passing Offense vs. Patriots Passing D 
    Edwards, Keller, and Holmes are a pretty good receiver, but Sanchez is the weak link. Advantage: Patriots 

Yes.

I don't know much about the Jets kicker, punter, or special teams. NE one have additional insight? 

Coaching BB vs. Ryan Ryan is good, BB is better Advantage: Patriots 

Its popular to make fun of Ryan, but he's probably a near match to BB on the defensive side of the ball. Bill's been at it longer which probably gives him an edge. The other side of the ball is Ryan's problem. He's probably misusing the talent he has (specifically Sanchez).

If the Patriots score early and often, then it will be another win for Patriots. If it's a low scoring affair going into the last 10 minutes of the4th Q, then that's the Jets may well end up w/ win

NY will be scoring challenged. Even if NE starts slow, I don't see them ever trailing. It won't be the blow out of game two, but result should never be in doubt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Analysis of Pats vs. Jets :
    Posted by SoLongHarryTruman[/QUOTE]

thanks for the additional info

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It's funny, I've read a few of the talking heads and their trying to excuse the last 45-3 blow out as a simple matter of the Jets not seeing the "new" Patriot offence........Yeah because this is 1742 and film hasn't been invented yet.  Keep grasping hater's.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Simple, overall Pats are better, not alot of indepth analysis needed, look at the season stats

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analysis of Pats vs. Jets : Since its no longer regular season play...one loss is all it takes....duh.

Nice try. Too bad my post didn't say anything about the regular season. But hey if making stuff up makes you feel like your dumb analysis has meaning feel free to pat yourself on the back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

But you couldn't possibly ask for a better set-up for the Pats:

They get the Jets at home in (forecasted) crappy weather;

The potential Colts AFC Championship Game nightmare is off the schedule;

The Ravens (who were a concern) now have to go to Pittsburgh, where the Steelers have their number and they will both beat the hell out of each other for 60 minutes;

The Pats will get the Steeler at home and they have the Steelers' number;

And we will never, ever hear another Brady-Manning argument again.

Couldn't ask for much more than that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Let it be known anonymis I actually feel like you do. After the Giants super bowl in 2008 I re-learned a valuable lesson. We have a very young team who may very well play like they did against Green Bay. If it wasn't for the worst clock management I have ever seen we may have lost that game. The Jets will be playing hard to redeem themselves, and while we may have a talent advantage look at their victory over the Chargers last year. The Chargers were heavy favorites on a huge winning streak whose QB was playing the best football of his life and they overlooked the Jets (who were worse last year) and it blew up in their face. I am not concerned because most Pat fans are overlooking the Jets. I know Belichek and Brady won't discount the Jets, I just hope the young guys who are getting used to blow out victories week after week understand the stakes involved because they may never have another chance like this again.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Analysis of Pats vs. Jets : Nice try. Too bad my post didn't say anything about the regular season. But hey if making stuff up makes you feel like your dumb analysis has meaning feel free to pat yourself on the back.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

LMAO. what a tool. The analysis you included was just awesome. Thanks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]  Let it be known anonymis I actually feel like you do. After the Giants super bowl in 2008 I re-learned a valuable lesson. We have a very young team who may very well play like they did against Green Bay. If it wasn't for the worst clock management I have ever seen we may have lost that game. The Jets will be playing hard to redeem themselves, and while we may have a talent advantage look at their victory over the Chargers last year. The Chargers were heavy favorites on a huge winning streak whose QB was playing the best football of his life and they overlooked the Jets (who were worse last year) and it blew up in their face. I am not concerned because most Pat fans are overlooking the Jets. I know Belichek and Brady won't discount the Jets, I just hope the young guys who are getting used to blow out victories week after week understand the stakes involved because they may never have another chance like this again.  
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I think the Pats are in a really good position. It'll be a blast watching the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Pats will win, but it will be stupid to expect another blowout. I would say pats win 24-17.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from green0534. Show green0534's posts

It's the NFL playoffs and blow outs don't happen except in today's Baltimore vs KC game.  The patriots will win next week 27-14.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]Pats will win, but it will be stupid to expect another blowout. I would say pats win 24-17.
    Posted by Patsfan038[/QUOTE]

I think that's the same assessment that most fans have. Does anyone know more about the Jets kicking/punting game/special teams play?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Say what you want about Graham and his lack of a big leg on kick offs, but he gets the height you want.

And no way Folk and Weatherford are better than Graham/Mesko. Sorry.

Mesko has been very good, Weatherford stinks.

Folk has missed plenty this year, too.

NE has a big advantage in this area.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

[QUOTE]I would add one more category: Pats Qb vs Jets QB HUGE advantage PATS and TB.  Brady can take over a game by himself.  Sancheese cannot.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

+1

One might guess that this one would be mentioned, firstly.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

I would think that Ryan will pull out all the stops. He is willing to gamble anyway and I think he might know that trying to play a normal game would result in a loss. Onside kicks, fake punts: nothing would surprise me.

The Jets might be able to run, but not after they fall behind early and have to play catch up. They did have some running success against the Colts but that is because Freeny and Mathis are undersized and they don't have a Wilfork or a Mayo.

Of course, if the planets align correctly the Pats might lose, but I expect them to win. They have shown themselves to be the better team and have the greatest QB and coach of all time. I am not expecting a blowout, but a blowout wouldn't surprise me.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I think the Jets will show up this game because their pride is on the line.  If they can run the ball effectively and keep Brady off the field, this game could be very close.  Conversely, if the Pats jump out in front, can the Jets really stick with the run?  To me, it's that simple. 

I expect a better showing, and to those who think that the Jets will get blown out I disagree.