and Dobson was our second pick....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

and Dobson was our second pick....

So, my thought on the pick of Dobson is April wasnt positive. I was looking for the Patriots to trade up and grab DeAndre Hopkins, a smart kid, good speed, precise routes, good hands and finds the open space. I even wanted a guy like Robert Woods or Justin Hunter before we took Dobson.

Look I understand it's one game and he dropped 4 balls and had no drops all last year in college so that was obviously nerves, but i also feel that Brady cant stand him already and he has no clue what he is doing out there in terms of the playbook. he isnt fluent out there.

I just never liked this pick and its starting to slowly show. hopefully he progresses and jells

hopefully

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: and Dobson was our second pick....

Hopkins huh... you mean the guy who had one catch for 5 yards.. yea I wanted him too.  But Dobson has 2 catches with a TD!  Waaaait.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Hopkins huh... you mean the guy who had one catch for 5 yards.. yea I wanted him too.  But Dobson has 2 catches with a TD!  Waaaait.

Hopkins actually had 5 grabs for 66 yards as a second WR behind Andre

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is true.  But did you watch the game?  (I did because I have Arian Foster in my $ league :))  He did not look good.  He made a lot of those catches when the Chargers were playing Cover 3, laid back D.  He had some short screens that provided him with some decent yardage.  If Dobson was the #2 target no matter what, he would have easily had that as well.

BTW, Woods (in a pathetic offense with no other targets besides Stevie) had one catch, 20 yards and a TD.  Patterson sucked azz and didn't do anything.

Have some patience my brother

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Condemning a pick after two games is the height of myopia.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is true.  But did you watch the game?  (I did because I have Arian Foster in my $ league :))  He did not look good.  He made a lot of those catches when the Chargers were playing Cover 3, laid back D.  He had some short screens that provided him with some decent yardage.  If Dobson was the #2 target no matter what, he would have easily had that as well.

BTW, Woods (in a pathetic offense with no other targets besides Stevie) had one catch, 20 yards and a TD.  Patterson sucked azz and didn't do anything.

Have some patience my brother

[/QUOTE]

Well, he wasn't playing fantasy football. He made catches and he is the number two receiver on what will probably be a playoff of team as a rookie.  I would take 5 catches on 6 targets as opposed to Thompkins, Boyce and Dobson's combined 9 catches on 33 targets. 

Dobson was the #2 target on the Patriots today (only Edelman had more passes thrown to him) and 70% of the balls thrown to Dobson went incomplete. One of his strengths coming into the NFL was supposed to be his ability to make catches.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Did the Pats even have a shot at Hopkins? NEP had the 29th pick. Hopkins was picked at 27. It was not realistic to expect BB to trade up for a WR. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Did the Pats even have a shot at Hopkins? NEP had the 29th pick. Hopkins was picked at 27. It was not realistic to expect BB to trade up for a WR. 

Trading up two spaces is certainly possible... I am pretty sure in the history of the NFL draft it has been done. Of course, you would have to forget about getting all that value.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Maybe the only thing BB drafts worse than DBs is WRs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Long, long,long way to go!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

True. Soon we will be playing good teams. LMAO

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to MoreRings' comment:

True. Soon we will be playing good teams. LMAO

Sometimes what the talking heads say are good teams and what they really are at the end of teh season are totally different things, as we all know.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

No, no, no - you, sir, simply do not get it.  It's not as if these guys got open.  I mean they never had any shot at anything throughout the game.  I mean there was absolutely nothing about which to be optimistic.

Now if anyone saw it the way I posted (above) they were watching a very different game than I was.  I saw some real promise from both Dobson and Thompkins.  Timing, getting on the same page as Brady, learning the pro game - all of that will come with time.  As it was they both combined for 5 catches, 103 yds, and a td.

Did I like all the drops?  Of course not.  But anyone who expected major production from these guys right off the bat was being unrealistic. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

No, no, no - you, sir, simply do not get it.  It's not as if these guys got open.  I mean they never had any shot at anything throughout the game.  I mean there was absolutely nothing about which to be optimistic.

Now if anyone saw it the way I posted (above) they were watching a very different game than I was.  I saw some real promise from both Dobson and Thompkins.  Timing, getting on the same page as Brady, learning the pro game - all of that will come with time.  As it was they both combined for 5 catches, 103 yds, and a td.

Did I like all the drops?  Of course not.  But anyone who expected major production from these guys right off the bat was being unrealistic. 

Exactly...which is why the running game must be committed to and stick with it...Bolden should have been active.