And now AT Baltimore....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

And now AT Baltimore....

Another scary game - especially since nobody can remeber last time Brady outplayed Flacco head to head......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: And now AT Baltimore....

2 years ago in the AFC championship game. You can probably read about it somewhere on the internet. Unless of course you think beating the second ranked defense in the NFL is less impressive than losing to the 31st ranked defense while putting up the same numbers everyone puts up against them. Unfortunately Brady does not get to play the Pats defense like Flacco does. Brady has to face the Ravens defense. Your welcome.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

A team that hates us, plays us like we hurt a member of their family....

I'll bet the powers to be are sorry they flexed us out of the Sunday night slot!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I'll bet the powers to be are sorry they flexed us out of the Sunday night slot!"

Yeah right? This is a HUGE game in the AFC. The equivalent in the NFC would be something like San Fran versus Seattle (perhaps better teams at this point but similar import). 

"Another scary game" - the scary thing is that someone watching from the couch at home would be scared. 

I have no respect for fans who can only root for their team when it is a juggernaut and heavy favorite.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

A tough game to be sure but the Pats, injuries notwithstanding, have enough IMO.  The question as always will be who executes better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A tough game to be sure but the Pats, injuries notwithstanding, have enough IMO.  The question as always will be who executes better.

[/QUOTE]

And that is the real concern. The Pats are not playing smart football right now and are making game decisions that expose our injuries and are not helping.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

hopefully

Balt  loses tonite, aren't playing for anything, (and it is a short week for them)

balt punter doesn't have a great game like the mia punter

we have an Oline 

Our cbs are a little healthier

we get back Dobby

The determinitive calls are correct And arent bad calls as the nfl officiating stinks. I believe there were 2 missed calls and 1 bad call in Mia, Don't forget the holding on hour 3 rd down last drive

McD doesn't have brain tarts with his 3 rd down calls and formations

We don't have to get a TD in the last drive.But every game has ended up close

Coolade wrote a great post on how McD had to basically have elite play calling to make up for Gronk loss. He failed vs Miami

So all the top 3 seeded teams in the AFC lost. The AFC is a scramble 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Another scary game - especially since nobody can remeber last time Brady outplayed Flacco head to head......

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but Brady would have the edge if he was playing his defense. Baltimore has had a superior D in the past when the 2 teams have squared off. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Let me guess....the poster who started the thread posted something about the Pats losing next week right? I put him on ignore a few days ago when he bragged about being a Pats fan for a long time and hasn't posted one single positive thread....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"I'll bet the powers to be are sorry they flexed us out of the Sunday night slot!"

Yeah right? This is a HUGE game in the AFC. The equivalent in the NFC would be something like San Fran versus Seattle (perhaps better teams at this point but similar import). 

"Another scary game" - the scary thing is that someone watching from the couch at home would be scared. 

I have no respect for fans who can only root for their team when it is a juggernaut and heavy favorite.

[/QUOTE]

There are a few negative nannies here right now.  ccsjl is leading the pack.  He may say he is just being "realistic".  Well, realistic can be taking a position of confidence but knowing another result is possible instead of already thinking the bad result is the most likely result.  ccsjl puts the negative first with fingers crossed something good "may" happen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There are a few negative nannies here right now.  ccsjl is leading the pack.  He may say he is just being "realistic".  Well, realistic can be taking a position of confidence but knowing another result is possible instead of already thinking the bad result is the most likely result.  ccsjl puts the negative first with fingers crossed something good "may" happen.

[/QUOTE]

Apparently Im not the only one - last 3 years the group of season tix holders I used to be a member of, go to the regular season games and refuse the playoff tickets.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Hope Dobson is ready to play, Boyce was limping out the of locker-room yesterday.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

This will be another brutally tough game to win for the Pats.

Even if the Ravens lose to the Lions tonight they will still be very much in the playoff hunt.  They own the tiebreaker over the Dolphins (head to head win), so they can force the Dolphins to win out the rest of the season.

If the Ravens win tonight they will be take over the 6th seed, but they will still have the Dolphins tied win-loss wise, so they will have plenty of incentive to play hard against the Pats.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I hate games vs the Ravens.  They always play good against the Pats.  They hate the Pats and usually bring that hate with them to the game.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hate games vs the Ravens.  They always play good against the Pats.  They hate the Pats and usually bring that hate with them to the game.   

[/QUOTE]

It's time to reverse the plotlines.  Perhaps, Patriots need to start hating the Ravens with a passion - don't need to look beyond being bounced out of the playoffs twice by them.  It appears to me that Patriots typically play the ravens scared and tentative; Brady often gets happy feet.  

This year, with all the injuries to key players, it will be tougher, and very sweet if Brady and the boys pull out a win in Baltimore.  If they do, it will be a close one (as will any win by the Old Towne Team from here on out this season!

Red Sox 2013 World Series Champs.  Patriots 2014 Super Bowl Champs???!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's time to reverse the plotlines.  Perhaps, Patriots need to start hating the Ravens with a passion - don't need to look beyond being bounced out of the playoffs twice by them.  It appears to me that Patriots typically play the ravens scared and tentative; Brady often gets happy feet.  

This year, with all the injuries to key players, it will be tougher, and very sweet if Brady and the boys pull out a win in Baltimore.  If they do, it will be a close one (as will any win by the Old Towne Team from here on out this season!

Red Sox 2013 World Series Champs.  Patriots 2014 Super Bowl Champs???!!!

[/QUOTE]

This isn't a popular comment around here but I have been saying for several years now that the Pats need to display some toughness by serving a little dose of smack talk.  They continue to take the high road against the Ravens and they do look like they get bullied in games.  Happens against the Jets sometimes too.  Talk a touch of smack, take it personal and go out and play like the bully instead of a timid team displaying what seems to be a bit of playing scared of them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

New England opened at + 1.5

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

With win last night Ravens are in playoff mode and control own destiny to maintain 6th seed. The win in Detroit made next weeks game much tougher for Pats.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Ravens have won 4 in a row, including a momentum building, last second win against Detroit.  

The Patriots will be fighting for their playof seeding against Buffalo.  Write it down.  Just because they are the 2nd seed is coupled with the fact that they haven't clinched anything.   

I just don't see them getting past a fired up Ravens team that wants to make the playoffs after winning the SB.  It will come down to the final week.  Pray they beat the Bills, who will see Game 16 as their "SB."

The Pats could finish 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, or, yikes, out of the dance....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ravens have won 4 in a row, including a momentum building, last second win against Detroit.  

The Patriots will be fighting for their playof seeding against Buffalo.  Write it down.  Just because they are the 2nd seed is coupled with the fact that they haven't clinched anything.   

I just don't see them getting past a fired up Ravens team that wants to make the playoffs after winning the SB.  It will come down to the final week.  Pray they beat the Bills, who will see Game 16 as their "SB."

[/QUOTE]

I dont see Pats winning this game against Baltimore - its bascially a playoff game for Ravens at home. Scary part is Pats season comes to a a must win against Bills - because at that point division champs is only way in. 10-6 Pats and Fins, means Miami wins division with 4-2 division record and Pats would be 3-3

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

The only way the pats clinch a playoff spot this week without winning is Miami or Cincy losing.. I give buffalo a chance against Miami .  It would be hard seeing Cincy losing to Minn, who haven't won on the road all year, and playing poorly against steelers. If Cincy loses that would mean baltimore/Cincy @ 9-6 both play each other next week somebody's got to lose one would be 10-6 other 9-7 barring a total collapse. Don't think it will happen but keep an eye out for it

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    agree I thought u couldnt win scoring under 20 points where is rusty when you need him lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Boring...yet workman like grind it out football....Baltimore's D is solid.

Patriots can beat them.....but they had better bring some big kahunas.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Justin Tucker made all six of his field goals, including a 61-yarder for the game winner Monday

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only way the pats clinch a playoff spot this week without winning is Miami or Cincy losing.. I give buffalo a chance against Miami .  It would be hard seeing Cincy losing to Minn, who haven't won on the road all year, and playing poorly against steelers. If Cincy loses that would mean baltimore/Cincy @ 9-6 both play each other next week somebody's got to lose one would be 10-6 other 9-7 barring a total collapse. Don't think it will happen but keep an eye out for it

[/QUOTE]

Cincy loss does nothing for Pats - they could still both finish 10-6 and Cincy has head to head tie breaker. I really see Baltimore winning out to take AFC North at 10-6.