And Now for Something Completely Different...The Winter Olympics (Oh Boy!) What games do you wanna see?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

And Now for Something Completely Different...The Winter Olympics (Oh Boy!) What games do you wanna see?

I Dont know how any of you feel bout the Olympics but to me it has seen its best years 40 years ago.  Its boring to watch, tHE NEWLY ADDED GAMES ARE A JOKE, there is No sport anymore just people trying to win a medal so they can get a sneaker deal or there face on a cerial box.
    How about we see ski jumpers jumping over houses with people on the roof trying to pick them off for points.
    Or womens down hill skiing in thong bikinis. Or Killer dodger bob sleds! Oh wait, ahh that may already have happened, skip that one!
    Im sick of seeing cities trying to get the Olympics in their own hopes of clipping tourists for a fast buck then 10 years later everything that was built is like an old ghost town that is a total wasteland never to be used again.
    I dont know, what do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Re: And Now for Something Completely Different...The Winter Olympics (Oh Boy!) What games do you wanna see?

First, Curling...

Next, the ret^rd snowboarder Shaun White was the top-headline on my Yahoo homepage the other day-The Headline was how White wanted to change his nickname...  Which reminded me of The Celtic's Big Baby, and his similiar wish to change his nickname.  I guess both mor^ns were concerned about the childish aspects of their childish nicknames, and so, They both wanted brand new childish nicknames (and yes, I'm well aware of the overall sad absurdity of that statement).  So I brought this up to my parents when I stopped back home the next day (ya know, the decay of society?), and said, "Who on God's earth cares or even knows Shawn White's nickname."  Mom said, "The Flying Tomato."  You're now on the list mom... 

But here's a thought to Baby and White: You two want freakin' maturiy, try doing something unheard of by asking to be refered to as the name your parents gave you, OR (and) Start ACTING mature.  Shawn White: "Well, old dude reporter guy, I pounded that gold necklace thing 'cause I slung a saved knarly wipe-out into a totally real twistin' Nelson wind spin, sportin' the stick on da bottom powder was just awesome extra boni."  Yet, since Baby's on one of my Boston Teams and my brother as a die-hard Celt's Fan (even when they were awful too, so I gotta respect that)-Once told me that Garnett yelled at Big Baby for a Technical Foul he committed (or something), and Baby actually started crying...see, no matter how Big-ahh, how umm, Big BIG Baby really is...that's a sad story.  White's fair game though and it's open season on that id!ot's pathetically contrived persona, and He looks like If Opie had a sexx-change, woke up from the operation and was beaten in the face with baseball bats...I feel alot better now, thanx alcondragon.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Re: And Now for Something Completely Different...The Winter Olympics (Oh Boy!) What games do you wanna see?

The winter olympics has had some great moments. One of the best stories of modern sports was the USA hockey team winning the gold at Lake Placid in 1980.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I would have to agree that all that X-Games bullsh*t waters the Olympics down a great deal, and I don't really know enough about Shawn White to determine whether he's an actual deuschebag or just pretending to be one for money. What's the difference? But there are actual sports in the Winter Olympics. I think downhill skiing might be the most exciting three minutes in all of sports, and if you enjoy the finer points of the game without all the mucking in the corners, international hockey is fun to watch -- although I heard they'll be using NHL size rinks this year, which will clutter the play a bit.

I suppose it also helps to live in a place where winter is a way of life. Strange as it may seem, they have actual curling leagues where I live. Personally, I don't get the appeal, but then again, I'm a tansplanted yankee snob.

For the most part, the Olympics is a chance to see a bunch of stuff you wouldn't  watch any other time. Like biathalon. I like the dual nature of biathalon. It's a survival sport.  And it also gives you a chance to get a glimpse into what it's like center your entire life around something you probably won't get. Think about it. You're some kid from -- say . . .    Belgium -- and you spend all your life training to be the best swimmer you can possibly be, and when you reach the pinnacle of your sport and you reach the highest level of competition, there's Michael Phelps in lane 3.

Why don't you just kick me in the balls now and we'll call it a day?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"For the most part, the Olympics is a chance to see a bunch of stuff you wouldn't  watch any other time. Like biathalon. I like the dual nature of biathalon. It's a survival sport.  And it also gives you a chance to get a glimpse into what it's like center your entire life around something you probably won't get. Think about it. You're some kid from -- say . . .    Belgium -- and you spend all your life training to be the best swimmer you can possibly be, and when you reach the pinnacle of your sport and you reach the highest level of competition, there's Michael Phelps in lane 3."

This is very true prairie...  And not just in terms of the next guy who simply had just a couple different gene sequences than you...Personally, I was born with a barrel chest and spaghetti arms, and so spent the first 10 years I lifted weights, to simply, ya know-look normal?  But I can't even imagine dedicating every waking hour of my life to something, and working as hard and even harder than anyone else, and then Michael Phelps, Or Tom Brady...guys who work just as hard, but just "get it" in some different freakish fashion...Phelps probably feels the changing water-current in his skin, his bodily technique just naturally adjusting to that change unconciously...Belichick talks (many times) about Brady, even in his early years, simply seeing a defense he's never seen before, and isn't within his experience nor training, and knows-where the defender will try to make a play, knows the soft spots to exploit...Just Ridiculous when ya have to go and train against someone who's in their utter Life's Calling. 

Ya know, I might check out The Olympic Hockey as you suggest...  I was always against it due to the low-scores, but now I've seen the other side with Polian and Goodell oulawing defense in my favorite sport throughout life...thanx fellas (in the oft chance I ever say that about soccer, you all can kill me, a written testament that has always stood, no prob).

~In the end, throughout The Winter Olympics I usually only watch the following:
    Female Romanian Weight-Lifting (they're always so ahead and on the cutting edge with new forms of anabolic steroids, even post-Soviet-block collapse...seriously impressive)...  Then The Curling as I mentioned (I can't even turn that off usually-Like Mike with his Biathalon, which is cute and all if you're into "easy"..., but here's the real life-long dedication talk)...  But when it does finally switch to the high-dive, I'm happy (and no, not because next up is the Shawn White highlights & interview which solidifies My "barbarians at the gate" theories, it's also when I can finally call it a night by turning the tv off with a chair...BUT because I enjoy the supreme efforts (re: futility) of seeing westerners pushing themselves closer to the concrete diving edge, in an attempt to get a smaller dive-splash in the water than an 73 lb 5'4 Chinese 14 year old)...  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

Your right I did watch the Hockey when the Dream came true and we beat the Commie Pinko's! Now we cant call them that but it was fun back then, that name will stick in my head til I die, Mike Eruzione, (doubt I spelled it right).
    Althoug I do love womens beach volleyball. my gawd the bodies on those women, truns me inot a bowl of jelly every time. But you do have to love the concept of almost naked women playing with balls. Ahhhh if thats not love im Mr. Magoo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I found it fitting that the worst opening ceremonies (my wife made we watch) ever ended with a huge embarrasing malfunction.

The Olympics are passé.  You have entire nations of PED cheaters (China), Sports no one cares about and Flamboyantly Flaming dudes prancing around on ice in sequence laden spandex unitards.  I didn't realize pitchers and catchers started this early.

Bobby Orr looked old.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Is that kitten under arrest or is it being robbed?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

If I want to see people sliding around in circles, I'll watch C-Span.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Is that kitten under arrest or is it being robbed?"

If the "cal" in Tcal2 is California, it's probably being arrested and robbed. 

Unless, It's a play on words like "L-caT", or something about a "Decal" (man, I'm tired), Or perhaps if "Tcal2" is merely just the cat's name.  If that's the case then, Then,...I got nothin' here (except a little concern about what went down with Tcal1).   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7gCd-C-Tys

Kitty hasn't been paying the vig.