Andre Carter Returns

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Andre Carter Returns

Per Reiss.  I'll admit I'm a bit baffled by this one.  Didn't think it was a position of need.  Although perhaps he will take snaps away from Buchanan who might be a better rusher at this point, but has been at fault for being undisciplined and letting the QB escape the pocket like Geno last week.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Andre Carter Returns

Perhaps this is a locker room thing as well with the amount of vet leadership that has been lost on D.  I loved what he did for us in 2011, but I can't see him getting too many snaps.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I like it.  He'll probably just be a nickel/dime pass rusher.  It's good to add some veteran experience with Wilfork and Mayo out.  Can't hurt to do this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

trying to reach Reiss now...could it be the end of the Bequette experiment?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Nink at LB and Carter at DE for some situations?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Andre Carter, really??

Desperation!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Andre Carter, really??

Desperation!

[/QUOTE]

Ya think?  The defense is ravaged with injuries.  Carter played great in this system.  It won't hurt to have him in nickel/dime situations.  Quit being so negative all the time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Andre Carter, really??

Desperation!

[/QUOTE]

Ya think?  The defense is ravaged with injuries.  Carter played great in this system.  It won't hurt to have him in nickel/dime situations.  Quit being so negative all the time.

[/QUOTE]

Negative?  Maybe you mean realistic!

He is 34 years old, was available for 12 games last season recorded 2.5 sacks.  I liked him when he was here the first time but by now, nah!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Andre Carter, really??

Desperation!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Negative?  Maybe you mean realistic!

He is 34 years old, was available for 12 games last season recorded 2.5 sacks.  I liked him when he was here the first time but by now, nah!

[/QUOTE]

I hear what you're saying, but I'm pretty sure he means negative.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

trying to reach Reiss now...could it be the end of the Bequette experiment?

[/QUOTE]

Hate to be technicial but would Bequette have needed to actually get on the field to have it called an experiment?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Wasn't Nink hurt with a groin injury? Trying to give him a chance to heal I would assume. It might mean that Armstead isn't ready too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wasn't Nink hurt with a groin injury? Trying to give him a chance to heal I would assume. It might mean that Armstead isn't ready too.

[/QUOTE]

It would seem that we are gonna lose another body for Sunday. You may be right, Nink ain't running well. How can Carter be in any kind of game shape though?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nink at LB and Carter at DE for some situations?

[/QUOTE]

Yep. That is likely.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It would seem that we are gonna lose another body for Sunday. You may be right, Nink ain't running well. How can Carter be in any kind of game shape though?

[/QUOTE]

Stop being so negative.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If he helps the team, why argue?  With all the injuries on the D side of the ball, a "healthy" body that can make some plays is better than none at all.  Give the guy a chance.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

If he can play at his 2011 level, this is a huge signing. The guy was one of, if not the best defender on the field in 2011 prior to his injury. 

Obviously that's a huge, and probably unlikely IF. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If he can play at his 2011 level, this is a huge signing. The guy was one of, if not the best defender on the field in 2011 prior to his injury. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna say it's unlikely he can play at his 2011 level but as a nickel/dime rusher, he doesn't hurt.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree, but not sure we need him to be that 2011 guy.  Enough snaps to give the D some depth and flexibility along with enough of a push to get the O-line's and QB's attention.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

ATJ, that will be the key with this D.  Flexibility.  Move players in and out who can make plays when needed.  Stuff the rush, rush the QB, stop the pass and most importantly, get a lot more 3rd down stops.  The Jets had a 2 - 1 ToP advantage.  Granted, the PAts O didn't help, but, 2 - 1 in ToP to the Jets??!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:

Andre Carter, really??

Desperation!

Dude, that is Bustchise/Bungalow Bill/MeadwoLand Mike/Don'tQuestionBB/Phat Virgin, etc.

Dude, that is Bustchise/Harvey-Wallbanger/Bungalow Bill/MeadwoLand Mike/Don'tQuestionBB/Phat Virgin, etc.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

At this point I place no more importance on Carter's return than I do on Neblett's departure.  Carter has fallen off the earth in the last year, despite playing on a line with Seymour and Kelly in OAK.

I would not be surprised if he is gone again by the BYE week.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At this point I place no more importance on Carter's return than I do on Neblett's departure.  Carter has fallen off the earth in the last year, despite playing on a line with Seymour and Kelly in OAK.

I would not be surprised if he is gone again by the BYE week.

[/QUOTE]

Seymour barely played last year in Oakland and Oakland sucked.   I have no idea why people keep referencing Seymour as if it is 2006.  It's 2013. Seymour faded away in Oakland and got worse by the year and is now flying planes in Atlanta trying to get a pilot's license. He quit caring YEARS ago.

Anyway, this explains why Neblett was released.  Looks like no Armstead for now, but if they can add small pieces like this, maybe swing a trade for a NT/DT or even a WR, we're going to see why having 5 million in cap space at the trade deadline is important for a GM.

[/QUOTE]

Seymour played half a season last year.  Despite that, he still tied for the team lead in sacks among interior lineman, and had as many as any Pats interior lineman for a full season.  And, yeah, there was still that double-team thing.

It's not 2006 anymore but Seymour had plenty more left last year than Carter did (and does).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Carter knows the defense.  A fresh body to help rest the DL.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Didn't know Uncle Rico was that Jets troll.  Thanks for the heads up, Rusty.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

Didn't know Uncle Rico was that Jets troll.  Thanks for the heads up, Rusty.

[/QUOTE]

You believe a word Rusty says?  I'm sorry you aren't smarter then that.  In the month I have been here I don't think Rusty has told 1 truth.