Andre Carter Update

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Andre Carter Update

Free agent DE Andre Carter worked out for the Raiders on Tuesday.

Guess Pats are moving on as well?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Andre Carter Update

With Fanene cut, you'd think they are looking for another DE.  Who knows, maybe they like what they have. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I hope not! I want him back here for depth and leadership!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Free agent DE Andre Carter worked out for the Raiders on Tuesday.

The 33-year-old pass rusher is returning from surgery to repair a torn quadriceps. It was widely believed that Carter would end up re-signing in New England, but there's no longer a need following the emergence of rookie Chandler Jones.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Don't need him, go with the youth movement...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Hard not to love this guy after the way he played for us last year. Some how, I get the feeling that BB doesn't think he's going to be 100% after that surgery, and on top of that, it sure appears that we are trying to stay younger on D. I think he's as good as gone. Pretty surprised he didn't get signed after losing Anderson.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: Andre Carter Update:
    [QUOTE]Don't need him, go with the youth movement...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

But don't you want Warren back? I thought I read that..anyways, I disagree, you can never have enough talent/depth at D-line. Seems like the Pats are always fighting injuries at that position come January. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i think that carter wants too much money so bb is going to let him check the market to realize how good the offerhe made was, especially with the possibility of a ring once again

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]i think that carter wants too much money so bb is going to let him check the market to realize how good the offerhe made was, especially with the possibility of a ring once again
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

Any idea what he wants versus what the Pats offered? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Andre Carter Update : But don't you want Warren back? I thought I read that..anyways, I disagree, you can never have enough talent/depth at D-line. Seems like the Pats are always fighting injuries at that position come January. 
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

340 pound guys are hard to replace, pass rusher's are only good when they have 340 pound guys inside collapsing the pocket and occupying blockers...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Possible they told him to go out and find his best deal and let them know.  You know he's rather have a REAL SB chance than play for the Raiders if the money is close...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Possible they told him to go out and find his best deal and let them know.  You know he's rather have a REAL SB chance than play for the Raiders if the money is close...
    Posted by TroyBrown80[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree. I'd rather see the Pats go with the younger guys on defense. But, I can understand BB wanting to keep a proven pass-rusher like Carter, if he's healthy, and the price is right.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Andre Carter Update : I think BB told Ellis and Haynesworth to stay in shape, in case he had to cut Fanene.
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

I heard the Jets where interested in Haynesworth......to play QB. HAHAHA

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Both Scott and Jones looked pretty good. How much better will they be with Wilfork playing with them?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Andre Carter Update : I heard the Jets where interested in Haynesworth......to play QB. HAHAHA
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]
    Legit LOL!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

I don't understand why we don't resign Carter. Were running a 4-3 front and his added depth and leadership isn't overly needed but for someone like Chandler Jones, Bequette, Scott and company it would be good for these young guys to work with someone like that. 

I honestly don't understand it. The depth he would provide and flexiblitly upon the line would be fantastic.

Kick out Ninkovich go Jones-Wilfork-Love-Carter or you could go Carter-Jones-Wilfork-Ninkovich and rush small and push Jones inside. Or even do Carter-Jones-Wilfork-Hightower once Hightower starts getting it into gear. 

Theres so many possiblities with the fronts now and Carter would just add that dimension. Why not? It wouldn't hinder Jones at all if anything provide him with a road to look upon.

Gronk and Hernandez did it with Crumpler and they were both more parts of the offense than Crump was. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I don't understand why we don't resign Carter. Were running a 4-3 front and his added depth and leadership isn't overly needed but for someone like Chandler Jones, Bequette, Scott and company it would be good for these young guys to work with someone like that.  I honestly don't understand it. The depth he would provide and flexiblitly upon the line would be fantastic. Kick out Ninkovich go Jones-Wilfork-Love-Carter or you could go Carter-Jones-Wilfork-Ninkovich and rush small and push Jones inside. Or even do Carter-Jones-Wilfork-Hightower once Hightower starts getting it into gear.  Theres so many possiblities with the fronts now and Carter would just add that dimension. Why not? It wouldn't hinder Jones at all if anything provide him with a road to look upon. Gronk and Hernandez did it with Crumpler and they were both more parts of the offense than Crump was. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn[/QUOTE]

Carter may not be fully recovered from his injury. Don't forget, he's 33 years old. Besides, who knows what kind of money he's seeking?

If the Pats do bring him back, who goes? Jake Bequette? Trevor Scott? Jermaine Cunningham? I rather see the Pats go forward with these younger players. 

20. This post has been removed.