ANDREW LUCK: ROOKIE OF THE YEAR AND MVP?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: ANDREW LUCK: ROOKIE OF THE YEAR AND MVP?

at least this ridiculous thread has come back around to the obvious conclusion...  Colts tanked last year to get luck... making him rookie of the tank year, not roty...or lmao...MVP... Even though it is a complete waste of time to debate this with 4 games left.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

at least this ridiculous thread has come back around to the obvious conclusion...  Colts tanked last year to get luck... making him rookie of the tank year, not roty...or lmao...MVP... Even though it is a complete waste of time to debate this with 4 games left.

[/QUOTE]

HEY COOLADE.  Brings back great memories. 

As for the tanking thing, I really don't get the Jones that this board has for such thinking without having any proof behind it.  Its as if you guys are jealous about it.  Your suggestion that the colts should have done more to produce more wins guarantees nothing.  Remember there are still opponents that have some say in the outcome of games. 

Further the suggestion that more should have been done or else its tanking could be turned on its head.  The pats have plenty of cap space that they didn't get players with that money to guarantee superbowl wins must mean they intentionally lost, right?  Isn't that the thinking?

If the shoe fits on one (and that's what you guys think) then it must fit on the other.  How's it feel to know the pats intentionally tanked the past couple of superbowls.  Bummer, huh?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AZPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's my take.....

Luck has put up great numbers, but in the history of the NFL, no rookie QB has ever "engineered" this big a turnaround on his own. Not even the GREAT (Just ask him or the millions of his adoring media, er, fans) Pay a ton Himself, Elway, etc. Kind of makes you wonder just how "dreadful" the Colts were last season, knowing that they had the clear road to draft him IF they played possum. Can't prove it, but just saying. It's like the Chinese female swimmer in the last Olymipics that shaved a ton of time (in minutes) off the Olympic MEN'S record, let alone the woman's record. Hmmmm...... happens all the time.

RG3, on the other hand, has the 'Skins winning, as of today, 1 more game than last year. He's got all the "intangibles" that Luck doesn't have. Plus, I hate to do or say this, he's Afro American. Dare say it could come down to a racilayy motivated vote. But, eother way, ROY is one of them.

MVP, to me, is still out now. Too many games left. If Flacco can run teh table and put up numbers as he did vs the Pats, he's got to get consideration. So does Schaub and Foster, if he gets on a big rushing roll, which we all know can happen. Brady gets consideration if he gets close to 5000 yds again and has a ridiculous TD/INT ratio. Sorry, I kick Old Horseface out of the equation, as he clearly gets the COmeback Player award. In my book, you don't win both unless your head and shoulders above the rest of the league, and Denver's altitude isn't counting.

NFC candidates will ALWAYS include Rodgers (it's a Green Bay thing). Alex Smith, if he wasn't pulled because his HC falls for glitz, glimmer, and bright shiny objects, could have had redunculous numbers too, including a terrific Brady-like TD/INT ratio, on a 3-4 loss team. (Remember, he was a shanked FG away from going to last season's SB, and has out up better numbers this season.)  But, he's not flashy or a headline grabber. Too bad. If Adrian Peterson gets close to 2000 yds (can happen), he would be in the running (pardon the pun). Brees is out due to his team's fall from Grace. I'm not sold on Ryan or anything Falcons yet. I'd want to see how and if they can gut out tough playoff wins. Haven't yet, including last season (24-2 loss, anyone?).

Thre just isn't one single player today that is all by himself the headline grabber in all markets. I'm sure that, even after the season is over, the winner will come down to regionalized voting results, a la Heisman Trophy.

[/QUOTE]

There was a QB, not a rookie because he was fourth string his first year.  But his first year playing he turned a 5-11 team into a Super Bowl winner.

[/QUOTE]

Not a rookie, and not a starter from day #1 either. Took an injury to teh starter for Tom Terrific to play. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I love how the Giants fan is telling Pats fans that we are all biased and hate Luck even though the Colts fan thinks Luck for MVP is just as stupid as we do.  Seriously though by the convoluted logic to make a case for Luck as MVP Chad Pennington should have been MVP over Manning in 2008.  I mean 1-15 to 11-5 and a division win speaks for itself right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

If that's the criteria, then Manning should have won in 99 by going from 3-13 to 13-3. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I love how the Giants fan is telling Pats fans that we are all biased and hate Luck even though the Colts fan thinks Luck for MVP is just as stupid as we do.  Seriously though by the convoluted logic to make a case for Luck as MVP Chad Pennington should have been MVP over Manning in 2008.  I mean 1-15 to 11-5 and a division win speaks for itself right?

[/QUOTE]

What was the dolphins record the year before?  Answer 6-10...  They were a bad team... Got #1 pick improved in 2008.

What was Indys record the year before? Answer 9-7, made the playoffs.... They were a good team, tanked their next season 3-13, drafted Peyton.

What was Indy's record prior to tank year for luck? Again they were 10-6 playoff team.

Teams can turn it around but only indy has done the flip in an obvious tanking (twice).  First to get Peyton... (hey it worked, lets do it again) then for Luck.

Common denominator BILL POLIAN.  aka "tank" McNamara

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Don't think the colts can clinch this week. 

However, a Jets loss and a colts win means that although the Jets still may be in the hunt, they can't catch the colts.  

Now if both the bengals and steeler also lose, they go to 7-6 vs. colts 9-4 (assuming colts win).  The steelers and bengals have one more game against each other which means another loss for one of these teams and a best possible record of 9-7. 

I don't know the tie breaking scenarios if the colts were to finish 9-7 and one of these other teams had the same record, but the colts chances are pretty good with a win this week.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What was the dolphins record the year before?  Answer 6-10...  They were a bad team... Got #1 pick improved in 2008.

What was Indys record the year before? Answer 9-7, made the playoffs.... They were a good team, tanked their next season 3-13, drafted Peyton.

What was Indy's record prior to tank year for luck? Again they were 10-6 playoff team.

Teams can turn it around but only indy has done the flip in an obvious tanking (twice).  First to get Peyton... (hey it worked, lets do it again) then for Luck.

[/QUOTE]

HEY COOLADE!  Brings back memories. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jerh5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here's my take.....

Luck has put up great numbers, but in the history of the NFL, no rookie QB has ever "engineered" this big a turnaround on his own. Not even the GREAT (Just ask him or the millions of his adoring media, er, fans) Pay a ton Himself, Elway, etc. Kind of makes you wonder just how "dreadful" the Colts were last season, knowing that they had the clear road to draft him IF they played possum. Can't prove it, but just saying. It's like the Chinese female swimmer in the last Olymipics that shaved a ton of time (in minutes) off the Olympic MEN'S record, let alone the woman's record. Hmmmm...... happens all the time.

RG3, on the other hand, has the 'Skins winning, as of today, 1 more game than last year. He's got all the "intangibles" that Luck doesn't have. Plus, I hate to do or say this, he's Afro American. Dare say it could come down to a racilayy motivated vote. But, eother way, ROY is one of them.

MVP, to me, is still out now. Too many games left. If Flacco can run teh table and put up numbers as he did vs the Pats, he's got to get consideration. So does Schaub and Foster, if he gets on a big rushing roll, which we all know can happen. Brady gets consideration if he gets close to 5000 yds again and has a ridiculous TD/INT ratio. Sorry, I kick Old Horseface out of the equation, as he clearly gets the COmeback Player award. In my book, you don't win both unless your head and shoulders above the rest of the league, and Denver's altitude isn't counting.

NFC candidates will ALWAYS include Rodgers (it's a Green Bay thing). Alex Smith, if he wasn't pulled because his HC falls for glitz, glimmer, and bright shiny objects, could have had redunculous numbers too, including a terrific Brady-like TD/INT ratio, on a 3-4 loss team. (Remember, he was a shanked FG away from going to last season's SB, and has out up better numbers this season.)  But, he's not flashy or a headline grabber. Too bad. If Adrian Peterson gets close to 2000 yds (can happen), he would be in the running (pardon the pun). Brees is out due to his team's fall from Grace. I'm not sold on Ryan or anything Falcons yet. I'd want to see how and if they can gut out tough playoff wins. Haven't yet, including last season (24-2 loss, anyone?).

Thre just isn't one single player today that is all by himself the headline grabber in all markets. I'm sure that, even after the season is over, the winner will come down to regionalized voting results, a la Heisman Trophy.

[/QUOTE]

NFC candidates will ALWAYS include Rodgers (it's a Green Bay thing)

the bull u pats fans come up with! no it's not a "Green Bay" thing that Rogers will be there ALWAYS it's because he is one of if not the best QB in the NFL-that's why

zero class as usual

[/QUOTE]

But yet, here you are. "just wanting to talk football" lmao. You are so full of yourself.

[/QUOTE]

nah no ego or anything of the sort-just reacting to lack of class

[/QUOTE]

You are the one with no class you dipsh&*. You come on here to agitate. Look no further than your avatar. You &^%$ wad.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Luck deserves votes, for sure. 1-15(?) to winning. HE won't come close to getting it, but a few votes for sure. 

Don't be suckered by pure stat lines either. 

HE's been asked to do much more than RGIII IMO from a QBing perspective. RGIII takes off and runs, this masks the fact that he has only thrown for 2000 yards, and might not break 3000. Sorry, but I can't see a clear cut advantage in a QB in who has that RB, that defense, and doesn't crack 3000 yards. RGIII could get a vote, but he isn't head and shoulders above Luck.

In five years, Luck will be going to Pro Bowls while RGIII will be a footnote. 

Personally, I think Brady is a slam dunk at this point, kind of dragging a bad defense over the threshhold again, putting up historic numbers with an offense that has been terribly injured. But there are others who deserve votes. Luck is surely one of them.

[/QUOTE]

Weren't you preaching efficiency stats yesterday.  The reason Luck throws 40 times a game is simple, the coaches aren't doing a good job.  There's really no excuse for relying on a QB who's that inefficient.  it's like the run vs pass argument on here.  You don't continually run it if it doesn't work, but you don't continually pass it if if it doesn't work either.

I look at it like this.  If RGIII threw 40 times a game would he have 4000 yards?  Efficiency stats show that about 30 QBs would have more yards than luck if they had thrown as many passes.  Gross passing yardage totals mean very little and have no correlation to winning games.  Passer rating and completion percentage and turnovers are all correlated to winning games.  Things Luck does poorly.  

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Luck deserves votes, for sure. 1-15(?) to winning. HE won't come close to getting it, but a few votes for sure. 

Don't be suckered by pure stat lines either. 

HE's been asked to do much more than RGIII IMO from a QBing perspective. RGIII takes off and runs, this masks the fact that he has only thrown for 2000 yards, and might not break 3000. Sorry, but I can't see a clear cut advantage in a QB in who has that RB, that defense, and doesn't crack 3000 yards. RGIII could get a vote, but he isn't head and shoulders above Luck.

In five years, Luck will be going to Pro Bowls while RGIII will be a footnote. 

Personally, I think Brady is a slam dunk at this point, kind of dragging a bad defense over the threshhold again, putting up historic numbers with an offense that has been terribly injured. But there are others who deserve votes. Luck is surely one of them.

[/QUOTE]

Weren't you preaching efficiency stats yesterday.  The reason Luck throws 40 times a game is simple, the coaches aren't doing a good job.  There's really no excuse for relying on a QB who's that inefficient.  it's like the run vs pass argument on here.  You don't continually run it if it doesn't work, but you don't continually pass it if if it doesn't work either.

I look at it like this.  If RGIII threw 40 times a game would he have 4000 yards?  Efficiency stats show that about 30 QBs would have more yards than luck if they had thrown as many passes.  Gross passing yardage totals mean very little and have no correlation to winning games.  Passer rating and completion percentage and turnovers are all correlated to winning games.  Things Luck does poorly.  

[/QUOTE]

not only do you have an anti-luck agenda but he is going to make a major fool out of you in a few years...

[/QUOTE]

No, he's making a fool out of you this year.  I never made any claim about how he will play in future years.

I don't have an anti-Luck agenda, I just won't buy into another 1st round, sure thing HOF QB when the last 20+ have been failures.  Look at all of the HOF QBs from now going back-

Brady-6th round

Manning-1st overall

Favre- 2nd round

Brees- 2nd round

Marino- 27th overall

Montana- 3rd round

Warner- undrafted

Elway-1st overall

So in 30 years only 2 of the first picked QBs lived up to their hype and most of the HOF guys came from unexpected spots from the 2nd to undrafted.  I think HOF quarterbacks are like black swan events and the chances that anybody can predict one are very slim (as history has shown).  So I will declare him great when he plays great in the NFL, and I haven't seen anything close to it yet.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here's my take.....

[/QUOTE]

NFC candidates will ALWAYS include Rodgers (it's a Green Bay thing)

the bull u pats fans come up with! no it's not a "Green Bay" thing that Rogers will be there ALWAYS it's because he is one of if not the best QB in the NFL-that's why

zero class as usual

[/QUOTE]

But yet, here you are. "just wanting to talk football" lmao. You are so full of yourself.

[/QUOTE]

nah no ego or anything of the sort-just reacting to lack of class

[/QUOTE]

You are the one with no class you dipsh&*. You come on here to agitate. Look no further than your avatar. You &^%$ wad.

[/QUOTE]

to be honest i would change that but i dont think they allow u to change ur profile pic on this new message board-if u know how to change it let me know

dipsh&*

[/QUOTE]

Wow, I can just feel the class oozing from your words!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

HEY COOLADE!  Brings back memories. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah for sure...

Back to polian...  In 98 the tanking was less obvious since Peyton went 3-13 his first year, then (surprise...?) 13-3 the next .

That's why polians master tanking plan for luck will go down in history as the most obvious and notorious cheating ever perpetrated on the league.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

RGIII seems to have a winner's mentality.  He reminds me of Brady that way.  To succeed in the NFL, I think he may need to rely less on his legs (he's going to get hurt if he keeps running like a RB), but unlike a lot of other running QBs, I think he's an excellent passer (for a rookie at least) who makes good reads and has both power and accuracy in his throws.

Luck has been up and down, but I guess that's expected when you're a rookie.  When he's up, he looks like the next Peyton Manning.  When he's down, he looks pretty average.  I think the potential is there for him to be an elite QB, but we'll have to see how he develops.  

At this point, I'd say RGIII is looking more like a guy who could lead his team somewhere this year.  Again, it's kind of that Brady thing.  He seems to have the attitude of a winner and leader who can motivate others to do well.  Luck I'm not so sure.  Maybe we're looking at the next generation of Brady-Manning, with Griffin the Brady like guy who wins all the time and Luck the Manning like guy who has great stats and maybe is the best "pure" QB in the game, but doesn't win like Brady does.  

[/QUOTE]

this might be the stupidest, most ridiculous post ever...and I mean ever

[/QUOTE]

Ooooh . . . guess someone's feeling a little sensitive about RGIII beating his team Monday . . .

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Hard to choose between Luck and RGIII.

But at the end of the day, TB wins another MVP.  Watch it happen.  He's got a 7:1 TD/Int ratio.  And a host of other stats that continue to pile up. 

As everyone else has the discussion of MVP, Brady lets his game fly high. 

25. This post has been removed.