ANDREW LUCK: ROOKIE OF THE YEAR AND MVP?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Re: ANDREW LUCK: ROOKIE OF THE YEAR AND MVP?

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jerh5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If you are here just for conversation, why not answer me?

Is it because, I have not given you a reason to call us cheaters? Or a good spot to bring up spygate? What is it?

[/QUOTE]

I have never seen him call us cheaters.

[/QUOTE]

thanks babe :  )

like u said NEVER called Pats that, never gave much creedence to Spygate and have never brought it up or mentioned it no matter what the subject or argument-not once

hell I support brady and welker more than some pats fans here which is ridiculous

and most of the time i talk football and do not get personal-unlike some including one major yahoo who does nothing but get personal and insulting

[/QUOTE]
     You are full of it. I have seen you say that. I am not going to go through 10,000 threads to find them. Your agenda is obvious.

At least with leon, you know where you stand. It's a lot easier to ignore him because he doesn't come on here with any false pretenses.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the real problem for pats fans like you is simple and what it's always been:

you can be arrogant, put down, rag on, make fun of and talk smack -like the Yankees fans of the NFL - to every other fan here (and the way u treat UD6 is abominable) BUT...you can't do that with me and it gets under your skin because you have to swallow the arrogance and swagger ie: I am the only fan of the team that can put u in your place and u don't like it

therefore you take anything i say as a jab, accuse me of saying and acting and doing things i do not and go out of your way to be antagonistic even when I am doing nothing to deserve it

that therapy session will be $50-hope you fel better now  :  )

[/QUOTE]
      You are still full of it. The proof is in the pudding. You cant change it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Is it because, I have not given you a reason to call us cheaters? Or a good spot to bring up spygate? What is it?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

like u said NEVER called Pats that, never gave much creedence to Spygate and have never brought it up or mentioned it no matter what the subject or argument-not once

hell I support brady and welker more than some pats fans here which is ridiculous

and most of the time i talk football and do not get personal-unlike some including one major yahoo who does nothing but get personal and insulting

[/QUOTE]
     You are full of it. I have seen you say that. I am not going to go through 10,000 threads to find them. Your agenda is obvious.

At least with leon, you know where you stand. It's a lot easier to ignore him because he doesn't come on here with any false pretenses.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you can be arrogant, put down, rag on, make fun of and talk smack -like the Yankees fans of the NFL - to every other fan here (and the way u treat UD6 is abominable) BUT...you can't do that with me and it gets under your skin because you have to swallow the arrogance and swagger ie: I am the only fan of the team that can put u in your place and u don't like it

therefore you take anything i say as a jab, accuse me of saying and acting and doing things i do not and go out of your way to be antagonistic even when I am doing nothing to deserve it

[/QUOTE]

If underpants doesnt like it, why is he still here? Boo hoo hoo. that is so noble of you!!! The defender of the stupid. You should get some kind of an award,

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If underpants doesnt like it, why is he still here? Boo hoo hoo. that is so noble of you!!! The defender of the stupid. You should get some kind of an award,

[/QUOTE]

why thank you! what's the award and when will I be getting it?

make sure it's got some gold in it too, nothing fake and cheap

[/QUOTE]

Tell your little buddy to stick to a colts board, I am sure he will feel a lot more welcome. OHHH thats right, the agenda thing.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Defender of the innocent and champion of freedom- Jints!!!

Inflated sense of self importance maybe? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Luck deserves votes, for sure. 1-15(?) to winning. HE won't come close to getting it, but a few votes for sure. 

Don't be suckered by pure stat lines either. 

HE's been asked to do much more than RGIII IMO from a QBing perspective. RGIII takes off and runs, this masks the fact that he has only thrown for 2000 yards, and might not break 3000. Sorry, but I can't see a clear cut advantage in a QB in who has that RB, that defense, and doesn't crack 3000 yards. RGIII could get a vote, but he isn't head and shoulders above Luck.

In five years, Luck will be going to Pro Bowls while RGIII will be a footnote. 

Personally, I think Brady is a slam dunk at this point, kind of dragging a bad defense over the threshhold again, putting up historic numbers with an offense that has been terribly injured. But there are others who deserve votes. Luck is surely one of them.

[/QUOTE]

Weren't you preaching efficiency stats yesterday.  The reason Luck throws 40 times a game is simple, the coaches aren't doing a good job.  There's really no excuse for relying on a QB who's that inefficient.  it's like the run vs pass argument on here.  You don't continually run it if it doesn't work, but you don't continually pass it if if it doesn't work either.

I look at it like this.  If RGIII threw 40 times a game would he have 4000 yards?  Efficiency stats show that about 30 QBs would have more yards than luck if they had thrown as many passes.  Gross passing yardage totals mean very little and have no correlation to winning games.  Passer rating and completion percentage and turnovers are all correlated to winning games.  Things Luck does poorly.  

[/QUOTE]

No. The reason Luck throws so much with less efficiency tha n RGIII is because of Morris, who is the MVP of the Redskins, and the guy I would vote for after Luck.

He is the one everyone is trying to contain there, imo.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Luck deserves votes, for sure. 1-15(?) to winning. HE won't come close to getting it, but a few votes for sure. 

HE's been asked to do much more than RGIII IMO from a QBing perspective. RGIII takes off and runs, this masks the fact that he has only thrown for 2000 yards, and might not break 3000. Sorry, but I can't see a clear cut advantage in a QB in who has that RB, that defense, and doesn't crack 3000 yards. RGIII could get a vote, but he isn't head and shoulders above Luck.

Personally, I think Brady is a slam dunk at this point, kind of dragging a bad defense over the threshhold again, putting up historic numbers with an offense that has been terribly injured. But there are others who deserve votes. Luck is surely one of them.

[/QUOTE]

Weren't you preaching efficiency stats yesterday.  The reason Luck throws 40 times a game is simple, the coaches aren't doing a good job.  There's really no excuse for relying on a QB who's that inefficient.  it's like the run vs pass argument on here.  You don't continually run it if it doesn't work, but you don't continually pass it if if it doesn't work either.

I look at it like this.  If RGIII threw 40 times a game would he have 4000 yards?  Efficiency stats show that about 30 QBs would have more yards than luck if they had thrown as many passes.  Gross passing yardage totals mean very little and have no correlation to winning games.  Passer rating and completion percentage and turnovers are all correlated to winning games.  Things Luck does poorly.  

[/QUOTE]

No. The reason Luck throws so much with less efficiency tha n RGIII is because of Morris, who is the MVP of the Redskins, and the guy I would vote for after Luck.

[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to jri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Even the refs can't steal a game from Luck.

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

not only do you have an anti-luck agenda but he is going to make a major fool out of you in a few years...

[/QUOTE]

No, he's making a fool out of you this year.  I never made any claim about how he will play in future years.

I don't have an anti-Luck agenda, I just won't buy into another 1st round, sure thing HOF QB when the last 20+ have been failures.  Look at all of the HOF QBs from now going back-

Brady-6th round

Manning-1st overall

Favre- 2nd round

Brees- 2nd round

Marino- 27th overall

Montana- 3rd round

Warner- undrafted

Elway-1st overall

So in 30 years only 2 of the first picked QBs lived up to their hype and most of the HOF guys came from unexpected spots from the 2nd to undrafted.  I think HOF quarterbacks are like black swan events and the chances that anybody can predict one are very slim (as history has shown).  So I will declare him great when he plays great in the NFL, and I haven't seen anything close to it yet.

[/QUOTE]

thats all fair and I agree with you...but it seems you have no problem annointing RG3 while knocking Luck so that tends to dilute the point a bit

but yes ur right no position will get the hype or have the spectacular busts quite like QB

[/QUOTE]

Well RGIII is a top 5 QB efficiency wise but like Alex Smith he has not had to carry the team or do anything in the playoffs.  So I would vote RGIII for ROY, but further than that...  Not much else.  Best rookie this year isn't really a huge accomplishment historically.  I just can't get past Luck's completion percentage and INT's.  Modern NFL QBs complete 60%+ of passes other than Tebow.  I need to see more.  Maybe his coaches just tossed him to the wolves, but still I've seen too many rookie QBs come out and be efficient in the last 5 years for me to ignore the numbers (Newton, Dalton).

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough

hey if RG3 wins ROTY it will also be well deserved as will any MVP votes they throw his way-same as Luck

[/QUOTE]

So are you saying these numbers deserve MVP consideration?

55% completion rate

17 Td's to 16 int's 

With a QBR of 76.

[/QUOTE]

we went past this about 4-5 pages back...go look thru the thread

[/QUOTE]

Then using your logic Mark Sanchez should have recieved "well deservered" MVP votes his rookie year.

Luck deserves ZERO votes for MVP period, end of story.

He should get ROY consideration behind RGIII, Martin and Wilson.

[/QUOTE]

u are biased against him (Colt after all) and go way too far to discredit him any way you can , end of story.

FOURTH in the ROTY! yeah suuure...and bringing Sanchez in to it shows desperation

[/QUOTE]

desperation? Bias?   3 guys with far superior numbers than Luck, "end of story"

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

There are no QB's who should be in the MVP conversation this year.

Calvin Johnson is on pace to break Jerry Rice's single season receiving yards record, amazingly in the same season that Adrian Peterson could break Eric Dickerson's all-time record for rushng yards in a season.

It's between AP and Megatron and no one else is close.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I see Jints hasn't lost the touch of being considered the biggest moron on BDC.  

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

anyone calling himself "IrishMOB" really shouldn't say much,  you know?

who are you supposed to be, Whitey Bulger?

[/QUOTE]

Very clever response.  I would expect nothing less from an idiot such as yourself.  Ever seen the Departed?  Did you know that it's made in Boston and actually has historic roots in Boston?  No, you probably didn't know that, seeing as you haven't received an education higher than a GED at a disease-infested NY high school.

Anybody calling themselves JintsFan on a Patriots forum is an attention-craving w*hore who was neither loved as a child, nor has ever had any friends.  That notion probably has a ton of merit considering you've accumulated thousands of posts spewing the same immature garbage over and over.  Seriously, have you ever contributed anything of value to this board?  You regurgitate the same crap: "you all are homers, patriots fans are annoying, everybody across the country can't stand pats fans, Eli - 2 Tom - 0 hehehe."  Get a life, dude.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

anyone calling himself "IrishMOB" really shouldn't say much,  you know?

who are you supposed to be, Whitey Bulger?

[/QUOTE]

Very clever response.  I would expect nothing less from an idiot such as yourself.  Ever seen the Departed?  Did you know that it's made in Boston and actually has historic roots in Boston?  No, you probably didn't know that, seeing as you haven't received an education higher than a GED at a disease-infested NY high school.

Anybody calling themselves JintsFan on a Patriots forum is an attention-craving w*hore who was neither loved as a child, nor has ever had any friends.  That notion probably has a ton of merit considering you've accumulated thousands of posts spewing the same immature garbage over and over.  Seriously, have you ever contributed anything of value to this board?  You regurgitate the same crap: "you all are homers, patriots fans are annoying, everybody across the country can't stand pats fans, Eli - 2 Tom - 0 hehehe."  Get a life, dude.

[/QUOTE]

actually yes i did know "the departed" was based in fact and filmed in boston-not to shock you but i went to school-albeit for one year-in boston and then lived there thru the following summer-actually rode the t, went to fenway twice, quincy market, saw the regatta on the charles from the cambridge side...bet u didn't know all that did you? hell i remember seeing them filming "spenser for hire" too

didnt go to rat infested hs and actually have a college degree-hey an associates but still counts-dean's list twice too!

yeah i've contributed and plenty and only really bust chops when provoked-look at the mnf game thread to see some contributions

oh yeah and actually got lots of love from my family and relatives and had lots of friends growing up

[/QUOTE]

Great to hear and am happy for you that you've had successful endeavors, especially in Boston.  Now if you stopped provoking posters by being passive-aggressive and disingenuous, I would grow a little more respect for you.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So what about Christian Ponder playing with AP still being 27th in passer rating.  Or a dozen other examples.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well heck, if you are going to look at it THAT way, if Luck had 1500+ yard rusher would he need to throw 40 times a game? 

And if gross yard have nothing to do with winning while passer rating, completion % and turnover do, and if RGIII is better in all of these catagories with a better RB AND a better defense, and better (and more experienced) total receiving corps, then how come his record is worse?

If those things matter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I love how the Giants fan is telling Pats fans that we are all biased and hate Luck even though the Colts fan thinks Luck for MVP is just as stupid as we do.  Seriously though by the convoluted logic to make a case for Luck as MVP Chad Pennington should have been MVP over Manning in 2008.  I mean 1-15 to 11-5 and a division win speaks for itself right?

[/QUOTE]

What was the dolphins record the year before?  Answer 6-10...  They were a bad team... Got #1 pick improved in 2008.

What was Indys record the year before? Answer 9-7, made the playoffs.... They were a good team, tanked their next season 3-13, drafted Peyton.

What was Indy's record prior to tank year for luck? Again they were 10-6 playoff team.

Teams can turn it around but only indy has done the flip in an obvious tanking (twice).  First to get Peyton... (hey it worked, lets do it again) then for Luck.

Common denominator BILL POLIAN.  aka "tank" McNamara

[/QUOTE]

HEY COOLADE!  Brings back memories. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah for sure...

Back to polian...  In 98 the tanking was less obvious since Peyton went 3-13 his first year, then (surprise...?) 13-3 the next .

That's why polians master tanking plan for luck will go down in history as the most obvious and notorious cheating ever perpetrated on the league.

[/QUOTE]

HEY COOLADE! 

are you saying polian had something to do with tanking to get Manning?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well heck, if you are going to look at it THAT way, if Luck had 1500+ yard rusher would he need to throw 40 times a game? 

And if gross yard have nothing to do with winning while passer rating, completion % and turnover do, and if RGIII is better in all of these catagories with a better RB AND a better defense, and better (and more experienced) total receiving corps, then how come his record is worse?

If those things matter.

[/QUOTE]

Nice try.  Indianapolis' defense is better than Washingtons in both points and yards.  Considering they've also had to deal with Luck turning the ball over 14 more times than Griffin they would probably be even further ahead.