Annual Draft War Room question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

Re: Annual Draft War Room question

I'd probably pay 25 bucks just to look at how their draft board is set up - then you can really see if we got the guys we wanted, rather than just read "The Patriots Got Their man!". When you know 50% of the time that isn't true. I love how every team says that..."we got our guy". Bull crap.

i know mthurl.

i love it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to bredbruu's comment:

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

Don't think I would care to be there, but I would loved to have  seen what happened last year when they ended up with Tavon Wilson

yes, i would like to know who said "great idea bill" (kissing up) and who said "what are you smoking bill? can i have some?"

I keep thinking they got caught in a time squeeze--they wanted to do something else, ran out of time and ended up taking Wilson.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

$50 for all 3 days I would easily pay for that. Well worth the money, except I'd have to buy 2 TV's so I can watch coverage while watching war room

+1 Good call

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

I have to say after watching last night's 30 for 30 ESPN special about the QB draft of 1983,

Dang it!  I missed that!  How was it?  I will have to see if they are showing it anytime soon.  I know it will be on demand via cable but usually those are available in a couple weeks after the first showing.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to bredbruu's comment:

Don't think I would care to be there, but I would loved to have  seen what happened last year when they ended up with Tavon Wilson

yes, i would like to know who said "great idea bill" (kissing up) and who said "what are you smoking bill? can i have some?"

I keep thinking they got caught in a time squeeze--they wanted to do something else, ran out of time and ended up taking Wilson.

thts a major f up if teh whole draft team cant come up with a better option when stuck not being abl eto trade.couldve done spectaculary if tehy didnt blow that 1 pick

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I'd probably pay 25 bucks just to look at how their draft board is set up - then you can really see if we got the guys we wanted, rather than just read "The Patriots Got Their man!". When you know 50% of the time that isn't true. I love how every team says that..."we got our guy". Bull crap.

well gee hurl you expect them to say  "yeah we really blew that one"? what are they supposed to say when they get a mic shoved in their face?

btw how much would you pay to have a war room insider view of bellichick making his choices with rusty standing behind him waving pom poms while cheering "great job genius!" and "that's fleecing them bill!" and "invented the salary cap!"? big bucks?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

It is an interesting proposition! Though highly unlikely during the present administration. You've got a better chance of getting a seat at a top level CIA meeting. Let's face between Ernie Adams and Bill Belichick nothing of value would ever be discussed in an open forum for all to see!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

It is an interesting proposition! Though highly unlikely during the present administration. You've got a better chance of getting a seat at a top level CIA meeting. Let's face between Ernie Adams and Bill Belichick nothing of value would ever be discussed in an open forum for all to see!

i really cant see any team giving complete access...maybe some would give a limited look inside but pats wouldn't be one of them nor do i think giants would

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

I have to say after watching last night's 30 for 30 ESPN special about the QB draft of 1983, one thing I'm definitely looking forward to is the Jets fans reaction to their picks...it's the highlight of the draft each year, even though I have to admit to Jet fan grousing when we picked Wilson in the 2nd round...it reminded me of when the Jets picked Ken O'Brien and two guys looked at each other and mouthed the words "Who the F" is Ken O'Brien?" and the roar of disapproval built up like a tsunami coming from the back of the room to the stage..classic NY Jets moments

ken o'brien wasn't bad...was actually a pretty good qb overall

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

TFB12 I am one of those football geeks that will sit in front of the TV (when i am in the U.S.) for every minute of the draft. I would pay probably around $49.99 for full 3 day coverage of the Pats draft room.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

I have to say after watching last night's 30 for 30 ESPN special about the QB draft of 1983, one thing I'm definitely looking forward to is the Jets fans reaction to their picks...it's the highlight of the draft each year, even though I have to admit to Jet fan grousing when we picked Wilson in the 2nd round...it reminded me of when the Jets picked Ken O'Brien and two guys looked at each other and mouthed the words "Who the F" is Ken O'Brien?" and the roar of disapproval built up like a tsunami coming from the back of the room to the stage..classic NY Jets moments

ken o'brien wasn't bad...was actually a pretty good qb overall

Really not half bad??? how many playoff games did ken O'brien win?

Yup, more astute drivel from our resident troll. A QB who was 50-59 in the regular season and 0-3 in the playoffs  "wasn't bad... was actually a pretty good qb overall". 

You might want to find another subject/hobby to discuss this subject doesn't seem to be your strong suit.

in your zeal to be an a** you blew it as usual

first of all HE went 50-59? 0-3 in playoffs? gee I thought the JETS did-team game you know

I said he was "pretty good" not great, not top-rated just a solid pro

for his era when qbs didnt put up madden stats what is so bad about these:

128 TD  98 INT  25,000  58.6 Comp % 

add in these:

lowest Int rate in NFL 1985 87 88

Pro Bowl 1985 1991

only QB in NFL history to throw for 400 yds (431) and have a perfect 158 QBR (vs seattle 86)

dunno sounds like a pretty good career to me...see that? pretty good

and since I saw him play every week-including some incredible battles with Dan Marino (look those up) I think I am a little more qualified than you to say how O'Brien actually played every week

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I might have paid a small fortune to hear the Patriots War room explode with laughter after hearing how many picks the Vikings were willing to part with for the draft rights to pick #29! I know they had to put them on hold long enough for BB to actually stop laughing and agree to make the trade,though it did break Joe Andruzzi's heart as he really wanted to anounce the Patriots pick. Maybe the Patriots let him announce the first pick in round two.

Cool