Another 4th qtr Meltdown

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Another 4th qtr Meltdown

This has nothing to do with WW not being in this game.  This team has once again "tried" to win this game and is failing at it.  TB throws another pick.

Horrible.

Dont give me the excuse of Pats are playing vanilla or they are resting so and so.  This team wanted to win this game and it looks like they are going to lose it.  As much as I like Brady I dont have the confidence I used to that he will take this team back down the field and win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goulster. Show goulster's posts

Re: Another 4th qtr Meltdown

how pathetic.  is there a way we can turn down a playoff spot, like a bowl bid?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

As I've been sporadically pitching this bit, since the SB meltdown, always finish those opportunities off when they exist...one never knows if they will come about, again.  Personally, I had a very bad feeling when the Pats were swaggering against the Giants...not the way they won in the past.  Since then, they have been hurt; continue to age and stumble.

In the (past) off-season, I put up a thread that stated that the Pats have gotten worse; many other teams improved.  It was maligned for many weeks, as most fans expected Brady to simply snap back into a team that was going to finish an almost undefeated season.  The truth is: They have gotten much worse.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cbpatsocks. Show cbpatsocks's posts

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtbr1975. Show mtbr1975's posts

Turn down a playoff spot? How about you go find yourself another bandwagon to jump on goulster. "Fans" like you aren't welcome here.

Regardless, the Pats inability to close out a win is a HUGE concern going into the post-season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

whiners. we're in the playoffs with a homegame. Calm the f*ck down.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Houston outscored NE 21-0 in the 4th. 

What do you call the opposite of momentum?

Thats what this team did today.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Let's see.  The Colts are supposedly losing this mythical thing called "momentum" by having the starters watch the scrubs lose to the Jets and Buffalo.  But the Pats try their darnedest and lose...wouldn't that be more of a momentum killer than Peyton and company taking a seat?  And the meaningless game cost your team your best receiver...karma. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I dont disagree with BB playing his starters.  They had a good thing going on last week and they wanted to see if they can keep it going.  But playing your starters and still lose.  Pathetic.  THey played everyone but 3 defensive players and got smoked in the 4th qtr once again. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

We got a game next week and a bunch of inactives that will be healthy and playing. We've seen nothing today that we didn't know yesterday. Let's enjoy our playoff game. Everybody knows we have improvements to make in the offseason.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from verrildd. Show verrildd's posts

There's noi such thing as karma, idiot.  There ism, however, the Pats continued inability to close out games.  As for your Dolts, I would be feeling too confident if I were you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Wow Jules Winfield shows up today. I'd rather try and lose than quit like your team. By the way, why don't you learn how to spell your own name.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

You would?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

But the question is, which team will the Pats play in the first round?  They were sitting on the 3 seed until the 4th quarter.  So if they come in as the fourth seed, who will they get?  The loss today created a weird playoff scenario:  Do we root for the Jets to beat the Bengals (giving NE a 3 seed)?  Or do we root for the Bengals to knock the Jets out of the WC, thereby giving NE the 4 seed?

Weird stuff today. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goulster. Show goulster's posts

mtbr75, relax, it was a joke.  i've been 'on the bandwagon' for 30+ years.  but 21 unanswered points to that team, and losing ANOTHER game in the second half like that is nothing short of indefensible (pun intended), regardless who was in/out of the game and how potentially 'meaningless' the game was.  it's a continually disturbing trend going into the playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

It Looks like the Ravens if they win.

Yes Jules, I would unlike Colts losers who are afraid to try.
    And Like I said learn how to spell your own name Idiot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

thats the main issue here.  they played the same way they played all year.  They had a 14pt lead and they blow it.

Wilhite is bad.  It seems like anytime someone wants a TD they throw it to whomever he is playing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Yes, yes.  You've pointed this out before.  Looking at the movie's credits, Tarrentino spells Winnfield with two "n"s.  Good catch.  (Eyes rolling.)  Dave Winfield, Winfield Scott, and about 12 US cities spell it with one "n".  Jules Winnfield and Winnfield, LA (I believe it's LA) spell it with two.  All-in-all, not worth recreating the profile on a Pat site...not one of the worst errors I've seen around here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

It has to be a concern these road 4th qtr meltdowns. I think it became apparent early in the season that the Pats D was going to struggle against good teams and that it seemed BB,Kraft and co thought that because Brady was back and they still have Welker and Moss that the O would outscore everyone again. The O has struggled this year as much as the D in crucial situations. It remains to be seen if Brady can lead this side down the field and score when it needs it the most this year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Who's afraid of the Pats, besides the fans?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tankboytaylor. Show tankboytaylor's posts

I dont get why they didnt try and run the ball on that last series when Brady threw the pick. 

I hate the play calling late in the game all year

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Robo84. Show Robo84's posts

Another meltdown indeed.  I watched the whole game and I'm still not sure if Bill was trying to win the game or not.  Most of the game, it looked like the Patriots were playing the plays that would allow them to win the game.  If that's the approach, then I have no problem starting Welker, Moss and Brady.  Then, all of a sudden, at the end of the 2nd quarter (and the end of the game) you take Brady out.  What was Coach Bill thinking?  Was he trying to win or not?  To me this is not "putting the team in a position to win the game" as Coach Bill always likes to say.  To me this likely cost them the win today.  If Brady is in at the end of the 2nd quarter, he is probably passing out of the end zone and the fumble by Taylor never happens. 
    Regardless, the win or the loss doesn't impact their playoff position too much.  Either 3rd or 4th position is okay.  Most likely one home game and then you'll have to win everything else on the road.  Good luck without Welker!  Hopefully Bill doesn't yank Brady in the 2nd quarter of playoff game #1. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Without Cris Brown is a 14 point loss......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"As I've been sporadically pitching this bit, since the SB meltdown, always finish those opportunities off when they exist...one never knows if they will come about, again.  Personally, I had a very bad feeling when the Pats were swaggering against the Giants...not the way they won in the past.  Since then, they have been hurt; continue to age and stumble.

In the (past) off-season, I put up a thread that stated that the Pats have gotten worse; many other teams improved.  It was maligned for many weeks, as most fans expected Brady to simply snap back into a team that was going to finish an almost undefeated season.  The truth is: They have gotten much worse."

You're not the only one who thinks they peaked in mid 2007.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Most ironic thing about the fourth quarter meltdowns is that the Pats did an overhaul on the D BECAUSE of 4th quarter meltdowns and the idea that the D was too old to hold up for 4 quarters.

Now we have 4th quarter meltdowns and its because the young guys we drafted to improve the d is just not getting it done.