Another bewildering draft and again no pass rush

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

Another bewildering draft and again no pass rush

Are you kidding???!! Again with BB thinking he's smarter than everyone in the room. What a mess of a draft! BB is certifiable head case!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from deadZeppelin. Show deadZeppelin's posts

Re: Another bewildering draft and again no pass rush

BB is outsmarting himself unless the plan is to trade Merriwheather and Mankins for a great OLB which is the only way this draft makes sense.There are posters on this board that now claim offence wins championships,these people need to join the 9-11 truthers or the Klan.But a least with the upgrades pats can go 15-1 And lose first playoff game by less than 10.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon13. Show uncommon13's posts

But we got a first and second next year and a 7th this year. Thats better then a pass rusher or OL isnt it?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

What dont you guys like about our draft so far.  Solder is gonna be a monster, Dowling adds a lot to our secondary, we maybe didnt need to connsecutive RBs but still.  I understand no pass rush hurts but the rap on this draft was that outside Quinn, Volmer and Bowers no one considered a true pass rusher anyway.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

What I don't like:

1.  Drafting two long shot RBs when they could have had the best RB in the draft.  If RB was a priority for BB - then why spend TWO picks on RB longshots instead of just taking Ingram at 28?

2.  Ryan Mallet.  Wasted pick.  He'll never play a down for NE in the regular season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to Re: Another bewildering draft and again no pass rush:
    [QUOTE]What dont you guys like about our draft so far.  Solder is gonna be a monster, Dowling adds a lot to our secondary, we maybe didnt need to connsecutive RBs but still.  I understand no pass rush hurts but the rap on this draft was that outside Quinn, Volmer and Bowers no one considered a true pass rusher anyway.
    Posted by prob2236[/QUOTE]

Because they continue to ignor the teams BIGGEST weakeness..that's why and that's what NOT to like. Plain and simple

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I'm baffled that they didn't draft ONE DE/OLB / a Front 7 guy in this draft! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang-on-hepsie. Show hang-on-hepsie's posts

[QUOTE]What I don't like: 1.  Drafting two long shot RBs when they could have had the best RB in the draft.  If RB was a priority for BB - then why spend TWO picks on RB longshots instead of just taking Ingram at 28? 2.  Ryan Mallet.  Wasted pick.  He'll never play a down for NE in the regular season.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Who knows if they're long shots? New Orleans drafted Bush (best RB in the the draft) and now Ingram. What about Woodhead, he wasn't drafted and how did he work out?
    When it comes to QB's (Brady 199), who can ever figure that out?
    I've learned not to second guess the Pats draft strategy. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon13. Show uncommon13's posts

[QUOTE]What dont you guys like about our draft so far.  Solder is gonna be a monster, Dowling adds a lot to our secondary, we maybe didnt need to connsecutive RBs but still.  I understand no pass rush hurts but the rap on this draft was that outside Quinn, Volmer and Bowers no one considered a true pass rusher anyway.
    Posted by prob2236[/QUOTE]

What was this teams 2 biggest weaknesses last year? It was OL and pass rush. Sure they got Solder in round 1 good pick he replaces Light. Who replaces Mankins and the continued down slide of Koppen. This o-line has been man handled in the last 3 playoff games. The did NOTHING to help the pass rush. You can have 5 Deion Sanders out there covering guys. If no one can get to the passer someone will get open. Also They trade away the 28 pick where they could have gotten the best RB in the draft. They get what pick 56 and probably at best 28 next year. Then take a long shot on 2 guys after that. Ryan Mallet was a complete wasted pick. This guy will never play here. I ask you this what good is a 1st round pick if you never use it?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang-on-hepsie. Show hang-on-hepsie's posts

In Response to Another bewildering draft and again no pass rush:
    [QUOTE]Are you kidding???!! Again with BB thinking he's smarter than everyone in the room. What a mess of a draft! BB is certifiable head case!
    Posted by smorgan86[/QUOTE]

They went 14-2 with a bunch of rookies and 2nd year players. Plus they had 2 key defenders on IR.
    The defense will be much stronger this year, and any pass rush needs can be addressed in free agency.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

Yup, let's just waste all our picks drafting untalented D players we don't like and cut them before the season starts.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Everyone should realize that McCourty pick was blasted last year. Look how that turned out. Even if Ras I D, is 1/2 as good as Mc, I think this pick is a hit. Regarding Solder, people dont realize that Light is a UFA and may be gone. Then we would have to put Seabass to LT and who protects the right side? Now we have massive 6-8, 320 lb bookends to keep TB safe for another 4-5 years and beyond. Regarding the RBs, we need em. Look how JEts rendered out Ppassing game moot in the playoffs. Maybe having fresh legs in the back field would help in case we face similar D again (which we will do, it's a copy cat league).I'm sure BB has plans in free agency for the front 7. So let's give them time to see how things turn out. I remember that people in this forum were gunning for Sergio Kindle 2 years ago and we took CHung. Look how that turned out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

LOL I remember Kindle the LB.  For a while now the only Kindle I know is the Ebook 

[QUOTE]E.... I remember that people in this forum were gunning for Sergio Kindle 2 years ago and we took CHung. Look how that turned out.
    Posted by Patsfan038[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon13. Show uncommon13's posts

Again people keep saying free agency for a pass rusher. Ok name me the guy that they will go after?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

First of all last year was ananomally.  Last year was amazing, but the only great draft bb has had in a very very long time.  we had 2 major needs, had the great opportunity to crush those needs.  balked and got good guys we don't need. 
    remeber 06 they did the same with wrs and it totally screwed them.  bb can be too arogant for his own good at times.

They have plenty of cap space so they better keep mankins and sign an olb.  somehow i doubt this because they never do what makes sense, they always try and play games with everything.

sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon13. Show uncommon13's posts

They will go and grab guys off the scrap heap like Banta-Cain, Murrell, Moore etc. None of these will fix the need for a pass rush. But hey everyone is happy that we have a clip board holding 3rd pick. So why wouldnt they be happy with csat off DE/OLB's

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from drno1. Show drno1's posts

While I believe a pass rusher was and is greatly needed, is it at least somewhat possible BB plans to resign Matt Light and convert him to the guard position?  It has been proven over and over again pass rushers and running backs can be found in many places (see James Harrision, Mike Vrabel)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from drno1. Show drno1's posts

Now check this out.  Matt Light moves to guard or is kept at tackle.  Mankins leaves evetually.  We now have the pieces to retool the line immediately even if Kazur cannot come back. Now BB picks up at least a supplimental pick, or, trades Mankins.  Yes, I do believe we need a pass rusher and I hope, hope and hope that need is correctly addressed.  Understand BB retooled the defense last year.  they got better as the year went on.  Hopefully, they will continue to improve generate a pass rush with Ty Warren and Vince stopping the run.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gaucho55. Show Gaucho55's posts

But for Solder, this just might be the lamest draft class in the history of this organization. Honestly, this team drafts as if it had no needs whatsoever.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnadams09. Show johnadams09's posts

Everyone seems to be forgetting that Ty Warren will be back at DE next year! With him and Wilfork on the line it will open things up for Banta-Cain again, like in 2009.
     The Pats must be confident that Warren's alright.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

I've already said BB should be fired for this draft fiasco. Also, for all of you that still think he knows what he's doing, suggest you find another sport to follow- tiddleywinks. Worse, he has the best, by far, right guard in the NFL, yet too cheap to pay the price- Mankins has shown time and again, the O line in unbeatable with him in there, and not-- the're not- just ask Brady!!!!! Meriweather? In this day of politically correctness ( THAT may be the downfall of the USA, and capitalism, yes I'm serious) mangement will suck it up with this looney, instead of cutting him outright immediatley. I've said it before, nothing and no one stays the same, including BB.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bnoaton. Show bnoaton's posts

[QUOTE]What I don't like: 1.  Drafting two long shot RBs when they could have had the best RB in the draft.  If RB was a priority for BB - then why spend TWO picks on RB longshots instead of just taking Ingram at 28? 2.  Ryan Mallet.  Wasted pick.  He'll never play a down for NE in the regular season.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

I think you will eat those words, the kid sits for 3 -4 years and then plays, sound like anybody else who just won a superbowl

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Doc1107. Show Doc1107's posts

I was giving BB the benefit of doubt but after seeing his picks in the 2nd and 3rd I have my doubts. All the offensive players when their biggest need was on the defense was a head scratcher. Not one OLB or DE was a huge surprise. @ rb's and a qb in the 3rd was also a huge surprise.

Do you think BB sees what the experts say he should do and he just says screw you? It's begining to sound like that.

Last year everyone said they needed a TE and should grab either Gronk or Hernandez and they got both and that worked out pretty well.

Oh well, in Bill we trust!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TucsonSoxFan. Show TucsonSoxFan's posts

I'm completely confused with this draft. I thought the main purpose was to fix plug your biggest holes. In BB we trust, but sometimes he causes me to second guess his draft strategy.