Another dimwitted ESPN article on TB/BB and the Hernandez Situation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Another dimwitted ESPN article on TB/BB and the Hernandez Situation

Mob- I really believe that about Belichick, but to be more specific, the "media" doesn't mean everyone in it, just most.  We've seen it with Obama.  Obama is a very successful president having won a second term.  Belichick is easily the most successful coach of the last decade +.  The media wants their story more than any other and they will go to great lengths to temper their distaste for the lack of information they get in hopes of getting more or even gettting an exclusive in the future. Further, they don't want to be blackballed from access.

Please understand, I didn't say the media liked him, but the media doesn't trash him.  A few may, but generally speaking, he is viewed with high praise.  Please note that I see this from the outside looking in.  For some fans here, I have no capacity to convince them that I am right.  Any negative spoken by any media outlet is the definition for those that the media in general hates him. 

As for Brady - my comments were based on this paragraph from the story:

When Brady, general of the red zone, father of three, finally did speak about Hernandez nearly a month later, Bela Lugosi couldn't have made his first public comments sound more inhuman: "I've seen a lot of things over 13 years," the quarterback told Peter King of Sports Illustrated, "and what I have learned is that mental toughness and putting aside personal agendas for what's in the best interest of the team matters most … I have moved on. I'm focusing on the great teammates I have who are committed to helping us win games. The only thing I care about is winning. Nothing is going to ever get in the way of that goal."

If this is truly what he first said before saying more at a later date, I stand by my comments.  If this was a "cherry picked" statement of an interview that included comments of sadness for the victim and his family and friends, then I'll have to claim I was duped by the typical media/political spin that only provides partial information thats supports their biased premise. 

I try to take things at face value. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Mob- I really believe that about Belichick, but to be more specific, the "media" doesn't mean everyone in it, just most.  We've seen it with Obama.  Obama is a very successful president having won a second term.  Belichick is easily the most successful coach of the last decade +.  The media wants their story more than any other and they will go to great lengths to temper their distaste for the lack of information they get in hopes of getting more or even gettting an exclusive in the future. 

Please understand, I didn't say the media liked him, but the media doesn't trash him.  A few may, but generally speaking, he is viewed with high praise.  Please note that I see this from the outside looking in.  For some fans here, I have no capacity to convince them that I am right.  Any negative spoken by any media outlet is the definition for those that the media in general hates him. 

As for Brady - my comments were based on this paragraph from the story:

When Brady, general of the red zone, father of three, finally did speak about Hernandez nearly a month later, Bela Lugosi couldn't have made his first public comments sound more inhuman: "I've seen a lot of things over 13 years," the quarterback told Peter King of Sports Illustrated, "and what I have learned is that mental toughness and putting aside personal agendas for what's in the best interest of the team matters most … I have moved on. I'm focusing on the great teammates I have who are committed to helping us win games. The only thing I care about is winning. Nothing is going to ever get in the way of that goal."

If this is truly what he first said before saying more at a later date, I stand by my comments.  If this was a "cherry picked" statement of an interview that included comments of sadness for the victim and his family and friends, then I'll have to claim I was duped by the typical media/political spin that only provides partial information thats supports their biased premise. 

I respect your opinion above, but that interview section was completely taken out of context.  That is the same article that we were all bashing for being so ridiculous.  Take a look at the comments section of that article.  Not one person agreed with anything Howard the Wife Beater Bryant said.  People, even admitted Pats haters, were going to great lengths saying that the article was garbage and that Bryant was taking quotes of context.

Here is an article that has the entire interview: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22887581/tom-brady-on-aaron-hernandez-situation-its-a-terrible-thing

On Brady's emotions surrounding the Aaron Hernandez situation

"It's a terrible thing that happened. Look, in the city of Boston this year, what happened in the marathon, these are very terrible things that you wish never happen to anybody. There's a very human, compassionate element that we all have, and when it's someone that's been on our team, it's a very sad thing. I think that we, as a team, have tried to move forward with better awareness and understanding of these types of things. Hopefully, nothing like this happens again."

Brady on his initial reaction when he first heard the news on Hernandez

"Those feelings were personal and I'm sure they were like everyone else's. It was six weeks ago so it's hard to remember the exact emotion I felt, but it's probably what everyone else here felt. You have them, but at some point I have to get back to doing my job. … My responsibility to this team -- and the responsibility to the teammates that I have -- so I just try to focus on that."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

If that is the case, I stand corrected.  We'll just chalk it up to more bias bs in the media.  As Rkarp said profits baby profits.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

If that is the case, I stand corrected.  We'll just chalk it up to more bias bs in the media.  As Rkarp said profits baby profits.

That is the biggest problem. The public relies on some reasonable truths from the media, and isn't getting it so the media can make their $$. You were lead to believe Brady was heartless by the media, and now you know it was complete BS.

Maybe I'm a little old school, but I do still believe in having some ethics.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

It's a business and there is no room for emotions in business.

Unless you're a shrink!! LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Typical article from the National Enquirer of Sports. Both Brady and BB withheld comment until he was actually charged then commented appropiately. Unfortunately for ESPN niegther flew into a rage or gave a speech on society and violence. It's not their job to do so. This left ESPN commentators and writers to actually have to work instead of replaying Rex Ryan type commentaries.

Evil's work computer name ( don't tell the boss )

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

When one can be shown crying about his football slights as he came up the ranks, but then not acknowledge the tragic awfulness of the death of someone by someone you work with on a daily basis, it bathes Brady in a pretty bad light. 

It is nothing compared to the bad light your lack of decency has bathed you in troll. After all, he hasn't tried to downplay crime into nothing more than a prank like you have.

Brady simply made his first statement to them be a notice that he wasn't going to get caught in their trap of drama.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You mean like portraying a heinous act in which a victim was paid off not once, but twice, a harmless college prank?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Hey Babe,

UD6 already admitted he was wrong a few posts prior, falling victim to the useless media. But feel free to jump on someone after they admitted they were wrong already....if it makes you feel better....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

I blame ESPN for inflating Hernandez's ego.  ESPN was showing AH football highlights onTV back when he was seventeen.  If he became a megalomaniac as a result of the media glorifying his football exploits, isn't ESPN complicit in this?

Shame on you ESPN.  Making kids think they are so special that the rules don't apply to them.  ESPN is the root cause of these character flawed athletes.  The Patriots are a victim.

you got to be kidding me...this is weak in the extreme

Go back to high school english class and learn what parody is.  

Embarrassing.

Well done, bostate.

pipe down bulger

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

Hey Babe,

UD6 already admitted he was wrong a few posts prior, falling victim to the useless media. But feel free to jump on someone after they admitted they were wrong already....if it makes you feel better....

I suppose if one were to read the entire thread before they responded to earlier posts in the thread your admonition might make sense.

But it's good to know you have the Colts troll's back. LMAO@U

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

He sold his daddy's business and has no integrity and/or ethics.

So says the most notorious liar on the board.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I suppose if one were to read the entire thread before they responded to earlier posts in the thread your admonition might make sense.

But it's good to know you have the Colts troll's back. LMAO@U

I'd argue with you, but I have not time to waste on the village idiot. Seriously Babe, go F yourself....