Another early roster projection.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4160947. Show user_4160947's posts

Another early roster projection.......

One the verge of the 1st pre-season game, I used Pats Picker for the roster below.  Questions to be decided: Does Gronk go on the PUP?  I think so, which means they need a TE from camp cuts (or Tebow moves to TE).  Does Cunningham make it?  He is the last one on my roster and can be cut for Francis.  Vellano is a big body and added because we are thin.  What about Fletcher?  I haven't read anything about his camp.  As a surprise, I put Allen over Mesko because he's got talent and comes cheap. 

QB (3) Brady, Mallett, Tebow
    RB (5) Ridley, Vereen, Washington, Blount, Bolden
    WR (6) Amendola, Dobson, Boyce, Thompkins, Edelman, Slater
    TE (4) Gronkowski, Fells, Sudfeld, Hoomanawanui
    C  (1) Wendell
    G  (3) Mankins, Connolly, Cannon
    T  (3) Vollmer, Solder, Svitek
    DE (5) Ninkovich, Jones, Benard, Buchanan, Cunningham
    DT (4) Wilfork, Kelly, Forston, Vellano
    ILB(3) Spikes, Fletcher, Koutouvides
    OLB(3) Mayo, Hightower, Collins
    CB (5) Talib, Arrington, Dennard, Cole, Ryan
    SS (2) Wilson, Wilson
    FS (3) McCourty, Gregory, Harmon
    ST (3) Gostkowski, Aiken, Allen

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Another early roster projection.......

In response to user_4160947's comment:

One the verge of the 1st pre-season game, I used Pats Picker for the roster below.  Questions to be decided: Does Gronk go on the PUP?  I think so, which means they need a TE from camp cuts (or Tebow moves to TE).  Does Cunningham make it?  He is the last one on my roster and can be cut for Francis.  Vellano is a big body and added because we are thin.  What about Fletcher?  I haven't read anything about his camp.  As a surprise, I put Allen over Mesko because he's got talent and comes cheap. 

C  (1) Wendell
    SS (2) Wilson, Wilson

I think 7 OLmen is very light. If Tebow makes it (I am still dubious) then I feel 5 RB's is heavy. I could see the Pats running plays for a FB/Hybrid thru Tebow on a direct snap.

I thought Mesko played at a pro bowl level last year.I would hate to the decision to come down to dollars

I see Francis over Buchanon or Cunningham (Buch to PS?)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to user_4160947's comment:

C  (1) Wendell
    SS (2) Wilson, Wilson

I also thnk 7 OL is just too few. You have to stop thinking fantasy football where you drool over "skill" positions and think real football. Injuries happen especially in the trenches. You need more than 7 OL.

I note Ballard is not here and I get that it is a competition he has not won so far. But I think, if the coaches BELIEVE it is only just more time to get up to 100% playing level, and so that he still is the player they thought he was, he will make the roster. I think the cut is between Fells and Houman. But I get the case being made.

There are some questionable names making ti here (but I guess that is the nature of this exercise). Cunningham,Buchanan, Vellano, Koutouvides all seem big questions to me. I give Bequette as much chance as some of these guys at this point.

I think upside will play a role in who is kept ESPECIALLY for rookies and 2nd year players. Guys like Cunningham and Dowling will have to outperform by more than a hair to beat out someone whose upside is now higher.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Any list that only has 7 offensive linemen on it can not be taken seriously!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

I guess neither Reiss nor Yates know anything about football or the Patriots since they also have 7 OL in their latest projection. Laughing

They will put some OL they like on PS, and take ot from there. Some of the 7 also have enough verstility to play more than one position on the line, so maybe that is a factor?

I really don't want to see Tebow on the roster, but it would seem like that is where things are headed as of now.

I don't think Zoltan the Magnificient looses his job.

Supra societatem nemo