Another Insane Theory Bites the Dust

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Another Insane Theory Bites the Dust

A certain poster here seems to think that we are obsessively passing in the RZ because Brady cares more about the consecutive games with a passing TD record than winning.  Amusingly I just read an article that makes a similar type of argument (although the author blames BB as well as Brady since BB would obviously have to allow TB to do this), but then upon further review he realizes the error of his ways:

"Some additional facts:

Playcalling has been 8 passes, 7 runs in the red zone prior to Brady's first passing touchdown. Within the 10 yard line, it's a 5:5 split. It seems that a lot of the passes come after the Patriots score their first passing touchdown. Their play calling bloats from 1:1 pass:run to 2:1 pass:run.

So the narrative that the Patriots were passing the ball for Brady's touchdown streak is probably incorrect."

Oh well.  It was fun while it lasted.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Another Insane Theory Bites the Dust

Brady had a poor game last week.  The entire offense did.  It wasn't because TB was chasing the TD record.  There is no evidence for that.  Solder was open on the TD throw.  It was a good call and a bad throw.  Those kinds of issues were a larger cause for the problems on offense than anything.  The fact that Ridley is our best short yardage back and the fact that Gronk is one of our best run blockers probably also played role in the decision to pass in the RZ.  If you think these opinions make me a troll enabler (whatever that means) you are welcome to that opinion.  I'll be proud to join the distinguished list of posters you've called a troll on this board.  I mean jesus christ man you called wozzy a troll in another thread.  When wil it end?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I wonder why the coach won't call the plays that Rusty knows are better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

There is no evidence that he wasn't chasing it.  You act  like it's impossible. A little odd  to not just slam it in, don't you think?

They'ved passed the ball more in the RZ after Brady has already had a passing TD.  That is the best evidence you are going to get.  Frankly the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate it is true.  Don't act like you haven't just put it out there as if it is a fact because you have.

[QUOTE]

Ridley is not our best short yardage back either. He gets stoned all the time in those situations. Bolden or Develin are.

[/QUOTE]

Ridley had more than half of the rushing attempts the Patriots tried in 2012 when there were 4 yards or less to go.  Not only did Ridley have more attempts, (63 to 10) but his success rate was higher (41/63 vs 5/10).  Obviously the coaching staff disagrees with you.  Source

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

There is no evidence that he wasn't chasing it.  You act  like it's impossible. A little odd  to not just slam it in, don't you think?

They'ved passed the ball more in the RZ after Brady has already had a passing TD.  That is the best evidence you are going to get.  Frankly the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate it is true.  Don't act like you haven't just put it out there as if it is a fact because you have.

Ridley is not our best short yardage back either. He gets stoned all the time in those situations. Bolden or Develin are.

Ridley had more than half of the rushing attempts the Patriots tried in 2012 when there were 4 yards or less to go.  Not only did Ridley have more attempts, (63 to 10) but his success rate was higher (41/63 vs 5/10).  Obviously the coaching staff disagrees with you.  Source

Bolden was hurt last year and was suspended. And Bolden doesn;t fumble like Ridley does. BB loves Bolden per Zolak.

BB loves Bolden cuz of versatility same with Vereen. I also think he likes Ridley too even if he can't stand the fumbles. Ridley is a hard runner

also i started a thread for you check it out