Another reason Marshall is not wrth it....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Another reason Marshall is not wrth it....

If the league changes these rules, Miami is in trouble:

NFL changing penalties for personal-conduct problems?

Ben RoethlisbergerThe Ben Roethlisberger(notes) public-relations problem is having a serious effect in the NFL. The league is apparently sick of its players seemingly being constantly in the news for off-the-field incidents and, according to the New York Times, is considering changing the way it approaches its personal-conduct policy to help address the situation.

The way things are currently, players don't really have to worry about the league coming down on them unless they get actually arrested or charged with a crime. The Times got hold of a league memo from earlier this month that suggests that could change.

"The Policy makes clear that NFL and club personnel must do more than simply avoid criminal behavior," the memo says. "We must conduct ourselves in a way that 'is responsible, that promotes the values upon which the league is based, and is lawful.'"

Instead of waiting for an arrest, the league seems to be suggesting that any investigation of a player's off-field behavior can be seen as a "proceeding" worthy of potential league punishment. "Whether it involves your team or another, these incidents affect us all - every investigation, arrest, or other allegation of improper conduct undermines the respect for our league by our fans, lessens the confidence of our business partners and threatens the continued success of our brand," the memo goes on to say.

Should be interesting to see what happens to the next player that behaves badly.

Source: The New York TimesNew Window

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Re: Another reason Marshall is not wrth it....

so because a white qb raped a girl, the phins shouldnt have traded for marshall? ooooooooooooook...whats next? nfl players shouldnt marry supermodels for fear of impregnating them, thus ruining their figure?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Another reason Marshall is not wrth it....:
    so because a white qb raped a girl, the phins shouldnt have traded for marshall? ooooooooooooook...whats next? nfl players shouldnt marry supermodels for fear of impregnating them, thus ruining their figure?
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Dude, can you read?

The league is apparently sick of its players seemingly being constantly in the news for off-the-field incidents and, according to the New York Times, is considering changing the way it approaches its personal-conduct policy to help address the situation.

This means that you don't have to get arrested to be suspended.....thus a punk like Marshall would be the first to go......please try to keep up.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Another reason Marshall is not wrth it.... : Dude, can you read? The league is apparently sick of its players seemingly being constantly in the news for off-the-field incidents and, according to the New York Times, is considering changing the way it approaches its personal-conduct policy to help address the situation. This means that you don't have to get arrested to be suspended.....thus a punk like Marshall would be the first to go......please try to keep up.....
    Posted by m1021us

what has marshall done since he arrived in miami?

nothing...its a clean slate

tom brady could beat the hell out of giselle or rape some girl tomorrow...who knows? does marshall have a past? yes? is it possible for someone to put the past behind them? yup, sure is...so until he actually does something...what good does it do for you to speculate or are you just really hoping he does do something because you want him to fail? if its the latter...and im sure it is...than great...it shows your colors as a fan

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: Another reason Marshall is not wrth it.... : Dude, can you read? The league is apparently sick of its players seemingly being constantly in the news for off-the-field incidents and, according to the New York Times, is considering changing the way it approaches its personal-conduct policy to help address the situation. This means that you don't have to get arrested to be suspended.....thus a punk like Marshall would be the first to go......please try to keep up.....
    Posted by m1021us

How about dealing with "what is" and not "what could be".  Marshall is under no suspension right now, and nobody knows what the future will be.  Your basing you reasoning for not taking Marshall because of something that has not yet happened.

But I understand your logic, if the Pats has traded for Marshall it would have been a great deal, but any trade made by another team is dumb and stupid.  Great logic!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chaucer. Show chaucer's posts

In Response to Re: Another reason Marshall is not wrth it.... : How about dealing with "what is" and not "what could be".  Marshall is under no suspension right now, and nobody knows what the future will be.  Your basing you reasoning for not taking Marshall because of something that has not yet happened. But I understand your logic, if the Pats has traded for Marshall it would have been a great deal, but any trade made by another team is dumb and stupid.  Great logic!
    Posted by BBRULES23

All he may be saying is that under these new rules some players with a history of infractions or behavior problems represent a higher risk than in the past and that might make some teams more inclined to pass on them in trades, in the draft, or as free agents.  There is logic in that

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Another reason Marshall is not wrth it.... : All he may be saying is that under these new rules some players with a history of infractions or behavior problems represent a higher risk than in the past and that might make some teams more inclined to pass on them in trades, in the draft, or as free agents.  There is logic in that
    Posted by chaucer

fair enough, but i take issue with the fact that he already has marshall in hand cuffs and on the chain gang...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Another reason Marshall is not wrth it.... : fair enough, but i take issue with the fact that he already has marshall in hand cuffs and on the chain gang...
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Could that be because the league already suspended Marshall once for the Off-Field behavior and he's got a rap sheet leading back to 06' for various crimes including having the police called on him 11 times for abuse and having 3 restraining orders placed on him over that period? With people like this it is far more likely he will repeat his issues in the near future (esp being located with driving distance of his old stomping grounds) then he is not. I could understand if it happen once or twice but 11 times in less then 4 years? That's a pattern more likely to continue then not. I think that's all he is trying to say.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Another reason Marshall is not wrth it.... : How about dealing with "what is" and not "what could be".  Marshall is under no suspension right now, and nobody knows what the future will be.  Your basing you reasoning for not taking Marshall because of something that has not yet happened. But I understand your logic, if the Pats has traded for Marshall it would have been a great deal, but any trade made by another team is dumb and stupid.  Great logic!
    Posted by BBRULES23

M10 cannot help this issue.  It is a part of who he is.  He has downgraded Miami because he says Ronnie Brown is on the trading block.  Does anyone really know this?  I just heard Brown saying how great it was for the phins to get Marshall.  Doesn't sound like a guy who's going anywhere. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

He's making an obvious conclusion.  No Marshall hasn't done anything to get suspended today so it is just as likely for Manning to get suspended since he also hasn't done anything today.  I suppose by that logic, I have as good a chance of leading the league in passing yards as this season as Manning since we both haven't thrown a pass in a game this season.  But reasonable, people can generally look at history and make intelligent assessments.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Another reason Marshall is not wrth it.... : All he may be saying is that under these new rules some players with a history of infractions or behavior problems represent a higher risk than in the past and that might make some teams more inclined to pass on them in trades, in the draft, or as free agents.  There is logic in that
    Posted by chaucer

Thank you.....Why is it so hard for people to understand English?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Shen - except that pats fans were willing to let Moss' indiscretions go when he came to the pats by suggesting that Belichick would set him straight.  By and large that has come true.  

How come Marshall can't be that guy too?  And how come Belichick's mentor can't have the same effect on Marshall that Belichick had on Moss? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Jimmy you can play dumb all you want but even you at some point have to realize that at some point Marshall will do something off the field, it might not be a huge deal but you cant count it out he has a bad history. And the moment he hits his girlfriend as a member of the Phins your argument goes right out the window.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Another reason Marshall is not wrth it.... : M10 cannot help this issue.  It is a part of who he is.  He has downgraded Miami because he says Ronnie Brown is on the trading block.  Does anyone really know this?  I just heard Brown saying how great it was for the phins to get Marshall.  Doesn't sound like a guy who's going anywhere. 
    Posted by underdoggg

LOL!  Lame and pathetic attempt at trying to figure me out......I have people asking me how I think that Pats will do if the season started today......Like that is realistic!

I have not downgraded Miami because Brown is on the block.....I downgraded Miami because they don't have any pass rush.....and they still have Henne as a QB.

And who cares what Brown says about Marshall, Brown doesn't sign his own paychecks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Jimmy you can play dumb all you want but even you at some point have to realize that at some point Marshall will do something off the field, it might not be a huge deal but you cant count it out he has a bad history. And the moment he hits his girlfriend as a member of the Phins your argument goes right out the window.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

A. im not playing dumb, this is america...everyone gets a second chance
    B. if/when he hits his WIFE, since he now married...you are right, my argument does go out the window
    C. if/when nothing ever happens...you all get to pick how you like your crow prepared...options are fried, baked, or roasted...please choose wisely

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Shen - except that pats fans were willing to let Moss' indiscretions go when he came to the pats by suggesting that Belichick would set him straight.  By and large that has come true.   How come Marshall can't be that guy too?  And how come Belichick's mentor can't have the same effect on Marshall that Belichick had on Moss? 
    Posted by underdoggg

1) we got Moss for a 4th rnd pick...and he lessened his pay to come here....NO RISK.

2) Moss has not done anything offensive or irrational since Minnesota....

3) these "New Rules" could affect Moss as well.....but the pattern favors Marshall more than it does Moss.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Posted by MVPKilla2009

they just got married......  :O

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Another reason Marshall is not wrth it.... : LOL!  Lame and pathetic attempt at trying to figure me out......I have people asking me how I think that Pats will do if the season started today......Like that is realistic! I have not downgraded Miami because Brown is on the block.....I downgraded Miami because they don't have any pass rush.....and they still have Henne as a QB. And who cares what Brown says about Marshall, Brown doesn't sign his own paychecks.
    Posted by m1021us

miami had 44 sacks last year and the pats had...well...well they considerably less...who doesnt have a pass rush again?

and seriously dude...get off henne...dont worry...he will give it to you good again soon enough

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Yea Jimmy just like Mike Irvan got his act together right? Marshal got his second chance unless you cant count (I dont mean that to insult you) I mean the guy has been caught doing bad stuff on more then one occasion so he got his second chance. I would bet money that the guy hits his wife or does something else at some point.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Another reason Marshall is not wrth it.... : A. im not playing dumb, this is america...everyone gets a second chance B. if/when he hits his WIFE, since he now married...you are right, my argument does go out the window C. if/when nothing ever happens...you all get to pick how you like your crow prepared...options are fried, baked, or roasted...please choose wisely
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

LOL!  ok.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Yea Jimmy just like Mike Irvan got his act together right? Marshal got his second chance unless you cant count (I dont mean that to insult you) I mean the guy has been caught doing bad stuff on more then one occasion so he got his second chance. I would bet money that the guy hits his wife or does something else at some point.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

ugh...why do you have to compare him to other mal-contents...why cant brandon marshall stand on his ground without you comparing his spot to someone else?

i know you hope he fails...thats fine but sheesh...dont make it so obvious...fans should root for their players and not against others

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Shen - except that pats fans were willing to let Moss' indiscretions go when he came to the pats by suggesting that Belichick would set him straight.  By and large that has come true.   How come Marshall can't be that guy too?  And how come Belichick's mentor can't have the same effect on Marshall that Belichick had on Moss? 
    Posted by underdoggg

I suppose he could, but he is a high risk guy, so was Moss when he came to New England.  I think it's a bit different since Marshall has been accused of the same thing 11 times and Moss' behavior was generally bad but not repititive on the same infractions.  I think If Marshall came to New England most reasonable fans would also say Marshall is a risky bet who has a good chance of getting in trouble especially if the NFL changes it's policy to include accusations.  Nobody is saying he won't change and walk the line, just that we'll see.  Moss was the same, but after Corey Dillon (also different than both) the perception was that troubled players could get straight in a stable team like New England.  I think if he went to the Colts people would also give him a better chance of straghtening out.  Many fans (including myself) were not sure if it would be a good move for New England to get him because of those reasons.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Shen - I don't disagree, but some here are suggesting that Marshall can't change.  Further, and please do not take this the wrong way, when a guy is charged for the same thing 11 times and never convicted doesn't that also suggest that maybe his accuser(s) may have her/their own problems. 

I am not saying the guy is a boy scout because generally where there is smoke there is fire.  And even if he is innocent because his girlfriend likes to call the police (there are women like this), Marshall still loses in the intelligence catagory because if she is a serial police caller, then he simply needs to remove himself from that situation and he did not.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Shen - I don't disagree, but some here are suggesting that Marshall can't change.  Further, and please do not take this the wrong way, when a guy is charged for the same thing 11 times and never convicted doesn't that also suggest that maybe his accuser(s) may have her/their own problems.  I am not saying the guy is a boy scout because generally where there is smoke there is fire.  And even if he is innocent because his girlfriend likes to call the police (there are women like this), Marshall still loses in the intelligence catagory because if she is a serial police caller, then he simply needs to remove himself from that situation and he did not.  
    Posted by underdoggg

Worse, ne married her!  Which means it is less likely to stop......

He could change, but the pattern of recent history and the fact that he is still with her tells me that there is a good possibility it will happen again.

Hey, you called the police on me 11 times....let's get married.....really smart!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Another reason Marshall is not wrth it.... : miami had 44 sacks last year and the pats had...well...well they considerably less...who doesnt have a pass rush again? and seriously dude...get off henne...dont worry...he will give it to you good again soon enough
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Henne blows....sorry.

16 of the 44 are no ....that leaves 28...that is less than what the Pats had last year....do the math.