Another TE coming to town?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Another TE coming to town?

Harbor to the Patriots? 

July, 5, 2013
    JUL 5
    9:10
    AM ET
    It's been an interesting offseason for Philadelphia Eagles TE Clay Harbor. There was a report on his potentially switching to OLB, and more recently, he was mentioned as a potential trade target for the New England Patriots, who will not have Aaron Hernandez on their roster this season, and may not have Rob Gronkowski for some time. As the week has continued, there's been more talk of a potential trade. 

In the midst of some stream of consciousness tweets on other topics, Paul Domowitch of the Philadelphia Daily News added fuel to the Harbor-to-Patriots fire: "Prediction: Eagles TE @clayharbs82 will catch 50-plus passes this season. For the New England Patriots." 

It's not immediately clear what kind of ransom the Eagles will demand for Harbor, given that he appears to be on the roster bubble, but a late-round 2014 draft pick would seem like a reasonable price to pay.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re: Another TE coming to town?

He was taken 12 picks after AH in 2010.  Was projected to get picked between the late 2nd and early 4th rounds, ended up late 4th round, so would have been a good value. Wonder if there was any discussion on taking him over AH back then...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/historical/1246943

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

[QUOTE]

He was taken 12 picks after AH in 2010.  Was projected to get picked between the late 2nd and early 4th rounds, ended up late 4th round, so would have been a good value. Wonder if there was any discussion on taking him over AH back then...

Wait, his stock dropped? Why? Did he smoke weed or have tatoos?!  Blame Kraft and BB now!

[/QUOTE]

No, only blame Kraft, BB and the NFL in general if they failed to do a thorough back ground check on the player. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I think he would be a pretty decent addition.  he is known for his athleticism, not sure about his pass catching ability and route running. I would think he would be worth a look for a late round pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wait, his stock dropped? Why? Did he smoke weed or have tatoos?!  Blame Kraft and BB now!

[/QUOTE]

No, only blame Kraft, BB and the NFL in general if they failed to do a thorough back ground check on the player. 

[/QUOTE]

His juvenile records are sealed. Whether or not you agree if it should be does not matter. It is. What that implies is that in dealing with Hernandez, employers are supposed to disregard whatever happened before he came to Florida. It also implies that going around that violates his constitutional right. 

As far as legal records are concerned, the only issues with AH was his pot use and some minor ones. That is all that the Pats could go by. So unless you have knowledge of any illegal activity by him during his time in Florida -- activity that would actually suggest he is this dangerous -- you just need to stop this nonsense. 

What happened to the Pats could happen to any employer. It does not mean they did not do their  due diligence. What's more important is what the employer does when such an incident is known to occur.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His juvenile records are sealed. Whether or not you agree if it should be does not matter. It is. What that implies is that in dealing with Hernandez, employers are supposed to disregard whatever happened before he came to Florida. It also implies that going around that violates his constitutional right. 

As far as legal records are concerned, the only issues with AH was his pot use and some minor ones. That is all that the Pats could go by. So unless you have knowledge of any illegal activity by him during his time in Florida -- activity that would actually suggest he is this dangerous -- you just need to stop this nonsense. 

What happened to the Pats could happen to any employer. It does not mean they did not do their  due diligence. What's more important is what the employer does when such an incident is known to occur.

[/QUOTE

Most people aren't saying they Pats should have known he was going too be a murder,They are saying theres alot coming out that is questionable behavior ,a few violent acts of assaults in college and after too.Yes i know weed is not that big of a deal but its still illegeal most would have lost thier jobs for that if caught.I dont blame the Pats for drafting him bu tto resign him with questionable behavior ,yes thats on them.People were protecting AH for along time and it finally came to ahead.Time to move on and replace him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

For a late round pick I would make the trade. The kid is a good athlete and could line up similar to Hern. He obviously is not as talented as Hern, and him going in the 4th was a product of his talent, unlike Hern which was a product of his behavior. 

Question I have is , does he represent a better option than hooman, sudfeld, fells? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

You forgot George W Bush.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

17 teams took Hern off their draft board. Teams don't do that for smoking some pot. 

Hern and Reggie Nelson were involved in a shooting incident while players under Meyer. Charges were filed and Hern was identified as the shooter. 10 days later the charges were dropped and Meyer told the PD the school would handle the situation internaly. 

Think Meyer said anything to BB about that incident when they were discussing Hern?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

17 teams took Hern off their draft board. Teams don't do that for smoking some pot. 

Hern and Reggie Nelson were involved in a shooting incident while players under Meyer. Charges were filed and Hern was identified as the shooter. 10 days later the charges were dropped and Meyer told the PD the school would handle the situation internaly. 

Think Meyer said anything to BB about that incident when they were discussing Hern?

Ouch! I think the laughable part is that repoters didn't uncover or bring any of this to light years ago. What do these writers do all day long besides tweet every 5 seconds about their opinions which are no better than our's? I mean here was a guy that supossedly had "questionable character" coming out of the draft and yet all we ever heard was...he smoked a couple joints.

I can't remember the last time the globe broke a story on anything Patriot related (I'm sure they have, but I don't remember). 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I find it extremely ironic that the team that created this latest 2 talented TE trend is now hobbling along without so much as 1 reliable and talented TE.  TE's create the biggest matchup problems for defenses because of how they can lineup.  Having talented and athletic ones that can do numerous things well creates nightmares for defenses.  BB has been chasing his second coming of Mark Bavaro for many many years now and struck absolute gold with Hern and Gronk.  It's anyones guess now how that position is going to shake itself out this year, we could be pleasantly surprised, or we could all be tearing our hair out several months from now.  One things for close to certain, expect a TE early in the draft next year. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Sorry but I thought this was a thread about another TE coming in to compete. I see it's just another bash Hernandez thread. I don't subscribe to the bashing committee.Regardless of which way his personal trials end up Aaron Hernandez was an exceptional receiver.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I keep seeing this thread in hopes of reading Dallas Clark has been signed.

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeddyBruski54. Show TeddyBruski54's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I keep seeing this thread in hopes of reading Dallas Clark has been signed.

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

I really can't believe they haven't signed a TE yet!! Dallas Clark would be great, what about Kevin Boss!?! We don't have any proven play makers at TE other than Jake Ballard who has looked slow since his injury.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Let's get some perspective, here. Dallas Clark was once a front line player...but is now 34 years old, and has been bothered by continual concussions over the past few years. His price must be right.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Let's get some perspective, here. Dallas Clark was once a front line player...but is now 34 years old, and has been bothered by continual concussions over the past few years. His price must be right.

Are you sure Clark has been bothered by continual concussions?  Played all 16 games last season, targeted 76 times.  Yes, he is an older TE but I think could be a good vet to bring in with his experience and used as added depth.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Are you sure Clark has been bothered by continual concussions?  Played all 16 games last season, targeted 76 times.  Yes, he is an older TE but I think could be a good vet to bring in with his experience and used as added depth.

There's just something about taking Gomer's hand me downs, old ones at that, just doesn't feel right.........I'd pass. Plus, who needs another TE/H-Back type when we have TEBOW? 
    Wink

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

There's just something about taking Gomer's hand me downs, old ones at that, just doesn't feel right.........I'd pass. Plus, who needs another TE/H-Back type when we have TEBOW? 
    Wink

You kill me with the Tebow at TE/HB talk, lol!  I hear ya about Gomer's hand me downs but the Colts got rid of Gomer before Clark so for some reason that makes it a little different to me.  Anyways, the Pats had brought in Addai and Gonzalaz in the past so it's not like he would be the first.

I think Clark is a solid player, solid guy, tons of experience and probably still has a solid year left in him.  Good for depth, good leadership, good role model. I would be all over this move.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to xxxcrwn's comment:

[QUOTE]No, only blame Kraft, BB and the NFL in general if they failed to do a thorough back ground check on the player.

You forgot George W Bush.

George "silver spoon" W. Bush is a fall guy for Dick Cheney who the world can thank for allowing Iran to build a bomb since Tricky Dick the 2nd removed the one counterweight (Saddam) to the Iranian clerics. Cheney was a machiavelian beaurocrat who had no business handling the reigns of power outside of internal organizational issues. A man unable to think deeply but able to speak as if he had gravitas and very full of himself.

[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

I hope Sudfeld could make the team and make good numbers

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

No....I think it is Santa Claus...He is going to find out who is naughty and nice!