Another veteran WR

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wreford1. Show Wreford1's posts

Another veteran WR

Does anyone else think that the pats would be better off bringing in another vet? I know that they brought in Josh Reed and didn't sign him. He is still available and we could probably sign him fairly cheap. Another option would be Crayton from the cowboys. He is not happy there. Any thoughts would be great thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Re: Another veteran WR

griswold is right about Reed being relegated to strictly a slot guy.  They also need their receivers who are at the back of the depth chart, like Aiken, Tate, and Price to play special teams to justify their spot on the roster.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I like the way siestafiesta thinks roster-wide.

You can't just  bring in a slew of one-dimensional old guys. Some of those roster spots are going to have to gun.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Worry about the pass-rush. The WR position is fine. The Pats were a top 5 passing team last year with Aiken and Stanback as their number 3. Last year alone, Holt had more yards in the Jaguars offense, which runs the ball more than they pass, as their second WR than Aiken and Stanback combined. Holt, Moss, Edelman will do just fine. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I think the Pats are fine now with the WR's they currently have.  They already passed on Reed and picking up T. Holt - I think the Pats feel comfortable moving forward.  The really only impact vet WR left is (hate to say it) is TO.  I know the Pats wouldn't touch him with a 10 ft pole right now.  They have been trying to get that Locker room back and certainely don't see this happening. 
    With the TE's they picked up in Draft - Hernandez is like a hybrid TE.  Also, adding T. Price could be a solid fit in this offense.  (he can fly).  I'm excited to see how the Pats will handle and approach their Offensive team this yr.  They have plenty of weapons and can't wait to see how things shake out.  Most likely Welker will be on the PUP to start the yr, and once he comes back at some point, it will only enhance the Pats O.  Overall, the pats won't need to add a vet WR at this time unless an injury occurs.  My main concern is Bill O'Brien taking this Offense to the Next Level in his offensive play calling.  He needs to become a whole lot better mixing things up and having great offensive called games.  We'll see.....

GO PATS!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

If Reed was a good value he would already have signed with some team. The wr slot is pretty much well stocked now, thats where Reed was projected.

He might end up with the Steelers...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Another veteran WR:
    I like the way siestafiesta thinks roster-wide. You can't just  bring in a slew of one-dimensional old guys. Some of those roster spots are going to have to gun.
    Posted by p-mike

I hear Hank Baskett is available, and he'll play special teams. 

Not too sure how he got his last name with the hands he has.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Current Depth Chart
    Moss
    Holt
    Edelman
    Price
    Tate
    Patten
    Aiken
    Stanback

PUP: Welker

I think they addressed the receiver group pretty well this offseason. Especially considering you can add in Hernandez into this spread option set with him lining up inside as a WR.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I also think the WR spot is fine for now. I hope they continue to work the D so we don't lose games in the 4th quarter this year.