Antonio Bryant Released!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Antonio Bryant Released!

Just heard on SportsCenter that Antonio Bryant was released by the Bucs.  Could be good news for NE.

I cant find the link, but I just seen it.  So if anyone has a link....Post it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Antonio Bryant Released!

The rumor for about a month was that The Bucs were going to release him,no surprise and there has been rumor one of his destinations might be the Patriots. They should go get both he and Willie Parker they would be huge upgrades..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

I saw it last night on ESPN too....but he came fromt he asme sysytem that Galloway was in.....do we want to make another attempt at that failure?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

He also played for Parcells in Dallas.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Antonio Bryant Released!:
    He also played for Parcells in Dallas.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx

And he played average there...his best success was in Tampa.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBBBrady. Show PatsBBBrady's posts

The Pats need help at WR so it wouldnt hurt to try if he is not trying to break bank.as for the comments regarding him coming from the same system as Galloway that would not be an issue.Galloway did not fail in NE because of the system, he failed because he is old and just cant really play anymore.he hasnt exactly lit it up elsewhere since he left NE.i'd say bring him in.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I agree with m1021us. If Galloway, a veteran who was considered very smart, had a very hard time adjusting to our system saying how different it was from Tampa. I'm not sure how well Bryant will transfer into our system. This is a much larger price tag to be guessing on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

He was franchised at over 9 mil last season, you think he isnt looking for major cash?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarylandFan. Show MarylandFan's posts

Good size 6-1, 205 and relatively young 28, which means he'll be looking for a big long term contract. He would be a serviceable replacement for Jabar Gaffney as the #3 WR but not at $9 mil a yr or anything close to that.    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Antonio Bryant Released!:
    The Pats need help at WR so it wouldnt hurt to try if he is not trying to break bank.as for the comments regarding him coming from the same system as Galloway that would not be an issue.Galloway did not fail in NE because of the system, he failed because he is old and just cant really play anymore.he hasnt exactly lit it up elsewhere since he left NE.i'd say bring him in.
    Posted by PatsBBBrady

That is not how it went down.....the word ont he street was that he couldn't pick up the system and get on the same page as Brady......had nothing to do with his age.

"New England Patriots

Galloway signed a one-year deal with the New England Patriots on March 14, 2009.[2] Although healthy, he was inactive for Weeks 4-6 of the 2009 season due to a lack of production and difficulty in learning the Patriots offense.[3] He was released on October 20.[4] "

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Yeah, he's the answer.  He's had one good year in his career and he's a bigger head case than Moss by a long shot.  No thanks. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZachRudy. Show ZachRudy's posts

ESPN had him listed as one of the top free agents in a shallow free agent pool.  Some team will overpay him but I don’t think it will be the Pats.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Antonio Bryant's career in Tampa Bay is over. link

Antonio Bryant says his "film don't lie", link meaning he wants big bucks.

In Dallas 5 years ago he threw his jersey in Parcell's face. link lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

What's this 4 teams that he's now left on bad terms???  Parcells and Dick Nolan at SF hated him and got him out of town asap.  He bristled at getting the $9 mil last yr under the franchise tag even though 2008 was only the 2nd good yr of his career.  Headcase would be an understatement.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Saw that Nate Burleson might be a UFA in Seattle, since they appear more willing to keep Branch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

I remember the incident involving Bryant throwing his jersey at Parcells when he was with the cowboys.  Based on that I see no chance of him coming to NE.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

BURLESON IS CERTAINLY A CONSIDERATION IF HE BECOMES A F.A.A LOT WILLDEPEND ON DOLLARS HE IS LOOKING FOR.