Any chance of getting Decker?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Any chance of getting Decker?

Looks like the Broncos are content on letting Decker hit the open market with the possibility of losing him. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/22/elway-expects-decker-to-hit-the-market/

Do the Pats have a shot at landing this guy?  I would really like to see Decker in a Pats jersey. Look at the possibilities this would open up in the passing game.

Just for the record, it doesn't sound like the Broncos are even thinking about letting Welker go as some here indicated would be the case.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Any chance of getting Decker?

Decker reportedly wants up to 9mil a year. he got abused by Seattle and showed alot of his weaknesses for a 9mil a year WR.

I wouldn't think about getting Decker until Talib or CB is locked up then DE or OL is fixed too.

Personally I think Dobson could be in for a huge year next season. and there are always vet WRs who will take 1-2mil and join in camp so I dont see breaking bank on Decker being the smartest move. especially since it would hinder Boyce, Kt and Dobson's progression.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Do you think BB/ OC think Wr is a pressing need?   I have no clue where they are going to llok in the FA department this year.  I still think Pats need at least 1 TE.  Do they make a move early or are they going to see how the WRs look in mini camps/ offseason workouts?  I still think if Dobson stays healthy he will make a bigger impact this year.

Not trying to blow smoke at you.  I like Decker, and the Pats could use him but I wish they would spend on a top tier safety or make DL/DE deapth.  If they lose Talib... that back field doesn't scare anyone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Decker reportedly wants up to 9mil a year. he got abused by Seattle and showed alot of his weaknesses for a 9mil a year WR.

I wouldn't think about getting Decker until Talib or CB is locked up then DE or OL is fixed too.

Personally I think Dobson could be in for a huge year next season. and there are always vet WRs who will take 1-2mil and join in camp so I dont see breaking bank on Decker being the smartest move. especially since it would hinder Boyce, Kt and Dobson's progression.

[/QUOTE]
    You and I are on the same page. DBs, DL, and OL are more pressing in FA

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Brand name FA's always seem over priced to me

We have to be even more careful because of the Hern dead money

How was Decker rated against the Seahags?

We have 3 second yr recvers now, the 2nd yr is supposed to be when they make the big jump. Their production when on the field were all headed upwards. I am sure BB has a fix on all of them including Decker

I'd rather spend money on DT, SS, Talib, LB and Oline.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Looks like the Broncos are content on letting Decker hit the open market with the possibility of losing him. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/22/elway-expects-decker-to-hit-the-market/

Do the Pats have a shot at landing this guy?  I would really like to see Decker in a Pats jersey. Look at the possibilities this would open up in the passing game.

Just for the record, it doesn't sound like the Broncos are even thinking about letting Welker go as some here indicated would be the case.

No, thank you!! Decker is not that good. I'd rather see the Pats use their resouces towards resigning their own players, or perhaps adding UFA Emmanuel Sanders.

More importantly, the Patriots need to get more physical on their OL and DL. 

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Id rather have Jeremy Maclin or even Hakeem Nicks at the fraction of the price of Decker. I like Decker as a player, but he will be paid too much money based on being the recipient of a HOF QB's passes.

DT, SS,CB, TE, G should be our priorities in the draft and Receiver, TE(a vet like Chandler) and depth players in free agency. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I think he's a product of that system. A decent #2 WR, no more. Not worth big FA money. My guess is he finds nobody willing to pay any more than he can get in Denver.

FA cash needed on other positions a lot more.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

How about a one year prove you can play type deal like Talib for Sidney Rice?  He might be a cheep vet looking to make a comback since seattle just realease due to injury bug and over paying him.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Decker=3/$15 with $9 guarantee

resigns with the Broncos

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

No. Too much money and too tall for the pats liking.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

resigns with the Broncos

[/QUOTE]

I think he resigns with Denver, too.  5 mil per year is really all he is worth.  I don't have much interest in him.  More interested in Maclin or Kenny Britt on a "prove it deal."  Maybe Sanders too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

resigns with the Broncos

[/QUOTE]

I think he resigns with Denver, too.  5 mil per year is really all he is worth.  I don't have much interest in him.  More interested in Maclin or Kenny Britt on a "prove it deal."  Maybe Sanders too.

[/QUOTE]

I think the Eagles want Maclin back and he also wants to return. Britt is too dangerous, too stupid and if Kraft let him into camp he is senile. Talent, no doubt. Has proven to be too much a head case, even for Fischer. 

Sanders I could see pats interest. Not sure this is where he wants to be, lots of comp for snaps at WR here. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

resigns with the Broncos

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Someone will jump on Decker. Denver can't compete if they carry Welker at 8 million, that is for sure. Cap hell does that to ya.

Decker is as good as gone.  Philly would make a ton of sense for someone like him.

[/QUOTE]

If the pats pay Decker that kind of money , rather have Edelman I don't think neither is happening.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

No the most important thing about decker is his wife is a fox

and that's why we should draft Mcarron 

lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The Patriots need a legit mid to deep field receiver, Decker would  be a solid add.  Bigger and stronger then anyone else available.  Who else would you get to really fill that role?  Sanders?  No way, not big and strong enough.  Nicks, no thank you.  Boldin will be back with the 49'ers, Maclin will be back with Philly. Someone mentioned Britt??  Um, NO!

Oh, sure.. I would like Decker and Edelman, it makes zero sense in keeping both Edelman and Amendola, but that won't happen, the Pats are pretty much stuck with Amendola.  Maybe Amendola can have a good season in year 2 and take the Edelman role,    Thompkins could play more of a slot role like Edelman and Amendola played together, have Decker and Dobson on the outside.   Beautiful!!

If the Pats were able to come up with a solid, taller and stronger mid to deep receiver at the right price and spend the money in bettering the defense then I'm all for that.  But as it looks right now, there just isn't another receiver out there that will give the offense what Decker can.  The offense needs more then the receiver group they had last season. They were completely shut down when it mattered most.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Decker was just crushed by Seattle, which dampens my enthusiasm at his price tag. I'd rather re-sign Edelman. But yeah - I would like an impact outside wide receiver, I think most of us would. Hopefully BB is thinking the same way.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

resigns with the Broncos

[/QUOTE]

Someone will jump on Decker. Denver can't compete if they carry Welker at 8 million, that is for sure. Cap hell does that to ya.

Decker is as good as gone.  Philly would make a ton of sense for someone like him.

[/QUOTE]

A lot like how the pats are limited by paying Diasabled Again. Amendola was a stain on BB's already dingy gm resume. Troll.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

The Patriots need a legit mid to deep field receiver, Decker would  be a solid add.  Bigger and stronger then anyone else available.  Who else would you get to really fill that role?  Sanders?  No way, not big and strong enough.  Nicks, no thank you.  Boldin will be back with the 49'ers, Maclin will be back with Philly. Someone mentioned Britt??  Um, NO!

Oh, sure.. I would like Decker and Edelman, it makes zero sense in keeping both Edelman and Amendola, but that won't happen, the Pats are pretty much stuck with Amendola.  Maybe Amendola can have a good season in year 2 and take the Edelman role,    Thompkins could play more of a slot role like Edelman and Amendola played together, have Decker and Dobson on the outside.   Beautiful!!

If the Pats were able to come up with a solid, taller and stronger mid to deep receiver at the right price and spend the money in bettering the defense then I'm all for that.  But as it looks right now, there just isn't another receiver out there that will give the offense what Decker can.  The offense needs more then the receiver group they had last season. They were completely shut down when it mattered most.

[/QUOTE]

I would much rather give Britt a chance on a 1 yr, vet minimum deal than sign Decker to a multi year, 7-8 million per year deal.  And if Denver keeps Welker at his price, they are beyond stupid.  Gomer nearly got Wes killed.  He can't take too many more huge shots without sustaining permanent brain damage, and I'm not kidding.  If he has to keep trying to catch Manning floaters over the middle, the big hits will keep coming.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would much rather give Britt a chance on a 1 yr, vet minimum deal than sign Decker to a multi year, 7-8 million per year deal.  And if Denver keeps Welker at his price, they are beyond stupid.  Gomer nearly got Wes killed.  He can't take too many more huge shots without sustaining permanent brain damage, and I'm not kidding.  If he has to keep trying to catch Manning floaters over the middle, the big hits will keep coming.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. As much as I am a welker fan it's pretty clear the TB kept wes much safer than air craft carrier head does.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Decker was just crushed by Seattle, which dampens my enthusiasm at his price tag. I'd rather re-sign Edelman. But yeah - I would like an impact outside wide receiver, I think most of us would. Hopefully BB is thinking the same way.

[/QUOTE]

Decker was crushed or was Manning crushed?  Could Decker have helped beat Denver in the playoffs had Decker been with the Patriots?  I think so.  More  then the current crop of receivers did, that is for sure.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Decker isn't getting any where close to $7-8. Maybe over2 years he will.

why depend on Britt when all he has done is disappoint with his maturity issues. Pats bring him in and he looks good, then what. He makes the team and in season he is in trouble again, and as a multiple offender he is out for the year?