Any Good Orginization starts at the top

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Any Good Orginization starts at the top

The success of his football team under his watch is indisputable. Since Kraft purchased the team in 1994, the Patriots have won more Super Bowls (3), more conference (6) and division (13) championships and more playoff games (33) than any other NFL team. Their sellout streak is at 216 and counting, with a lengthy waiting list of eager consumers raring to buy into the action.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/10295274/robert-kraft-navigated-new-england-patriots-20-years-highs-lows

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Any Good Orginization starts at the top

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I seriously think it's one of the best businesses run in the entire world. I am not kidding.  To grow the business and then sustain that level of consistency is almost unheard of.

I put it up there with Apple, Microsoft, IBM, GE, Honda, Toyota, etc, etc, etc.  GE is infamous for getting into a market, growing it for 20-30 years and then getting out, going somewhere else to add to the portfolio.

Kraft has that same kind of vision. He grew International Paper and now he's taken a laughingstock franchise and built up to a juggernaut.   It's just incredible, really.

You're talking about everyone gunning for you, creating rules behind the scenes to make you weaker, etc, and it just doesn't matter.

They're always 3 and 4 steps ahead.

[/QUOTE]

Bottom line is they understand how business is done in the NFL. They are one of the few teams that are not afraid to make the tough unpopular decision.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The success of his football team under his watch is indisputable. Since Kraft purchased the team in 1994, the Patriots have won more Super Bowls (3), more conference (6) and division (13) championships and more playoff games (33) than any other NFL team. Their sellout streak is at 216 and counting, with a lengthy waiting list of eager consumers raring to buy into the action.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/10295274/robert-kraft-navigated-new-england-patriots-20-years-highs-lows

[/QUOTE]

and all it took to get things rolling was a call to a man named Parcells...viola! laughingstock to contender as only the Master can do it

Then hire the Master's Number One disciple (of course you have to stumble on an all-time great QB by accident) as well as members of The Masters Staff and viola! Champions

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

and all it took to get things rolling was a call to a man named Parcells...viola! laughingstock to contender as only the Master can do it

Then hire the Master's Number One disciple (of course you have to stumble on an all-time great QB by accident) as well as members of The Masters Staff and viola! Champions

[/QUOTE]

I understand your angst, very justifiable seeing Parcells has never won without BB at his side doing all the heavy lifting and now BB is on the verge of winning another conference championship and possibly another SB all on his own.

BTW I searched the sports schedule this weekend and I can't seem to locate the time or the network for the Giants game. Perhaps you could help me out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I understand your angst, very justifiable seeing Parcells has never won without BB at his side doing all the heavy lifting and now BB is on the verge of winning another conference championship and possibly another SB all on his own.

BTW I searched the sports schedule this weekend and I can't seem to locate the time or the network for the Giants game. Perhaps you could help me out.

[/QUOTE]

doing all the heavy lifting LOL!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

doing all the heavy lifting LOL!

[/QUOTE]

Enjoy the game this weekend... I'll be looking for that giant game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Yes, it does start at the top. I had season tickets back when Robert - just a fan like the rest of us - sat through those days. It was his love of the game that made him our top fan. As you know, Roberts' 'sweetheart' questioned him about purchasing the Pats, and why not. But she was a believer in his business ability and knew his love for the game and the Pats.

I never met him but my Son has on many occasions and he reports that Robert is a friendly guy to all and greets with a smile and nice handshake while making you feel special.

Robert tripled the Hiatt fortune - is what I hear. Once He bought the Pats, certainly Robert had to be all business with the decisions we all heard about. Good for him and his business of owning the Pats as a top fan. How can we top that?

Have a good night, I always enjoy your comments.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The headlines says it all. The franchise is successful year in and year out because of Robert Kraft and his business model.  Everything else follows as a consequence of that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

I seriously think it's one of the best businesses run in the entire world. I am not kidding.  To grow the business and then sustain that level of consistency is almost unheard of.

I put it up there with Apple, Microsoft, IBM, GE, Honda, Toyota, etc, etc, etc.  GE is infamous for getting into a market, growing it for 20-30 years and then getting out, going somewhere else to add to the portfolio.

Kraft has that same kind of vision. He grew International Paper and now he's taken a laughingstock franchise and built up to a juggernaut.   It's just incredible, really.

You're talking about everyone gunning for you, creating rules behind the scenes to make you weaker, etc, and it just doesn't matter.

They're always 3 and 4 steps ahead.

[/QUOTE]

Kraft's company is Int'l Forest Products.   He has nothing to do with Int'l Paper.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

No one cares.  It used to be known as Rand Whitney. If you have interest in contributing to the thread and just look to be insecure and deflect next to your BRady doll, then don't type anything.

No one cares if it's paper or forest products in the company title.

You can never, ever pretend it's all about Brady. Ever.

Did you take the correct dose today?

Companies have names for a reason.  If you think all companies that share part of their names are all the same company then maybe you were thinking of IHOP.  Pancakes ... paper products ... no difference really, right?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The headlines says it all. The franchise is successful year in and year out because of Robert Kraft and his business model.  Everything else follows as a consequence of that.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree because running a sports team is unique and not the same as a standard business-his business acumen in business in general does not translate sports business acumen and many have failed attempting to run their team as their business - he hired the right coaches - we will overlook Carroll- and was smart enough to get out of the way but in no way shape or form did he have the day to day input or have nearly the knowledge to do so as he would in a normal business...i give him credit for hiring Parcells, grabbing Parcells number one disciple and members of his staff in Bellichick etc...and staying out of it-oh and he must have done a lot if mitzvahs for the Good Lord to gift him a man named Brady

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

The business of the NFL is very, very good. The Pats are very well operated, but the money the Pats are making in huge amounts is TV money

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The business of the NFL is very, very good. The Pats are very well operated, but the money the Pats are making in huge amounts is TV money

[/QUOTE]

The Jackie McMullen article was in reference to the consistent success of the football operation.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Any Good Organization is ultimately due to the good employees at the bottom.

[/QUOTE]

they are as long as they have strong leadership and direction.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Jackie McMullen article was in reference to the consistent success of the football operation.

[/QUOTE]

Did you miss the part that said he paid $172m and today it is worth almost $2B?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did you miss the part that said he paid $172m and today it is worth almost $2B?

[/QUOTE]

No I didn't miss the mention but the gist of the article was in reference to the evolution of the football operations.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Any Good Organization is ultimately due to the good employees at the bottom.

[/QUOTE]

they are as long as they have strong leadership and direction.

[/QUOTE]

it's yin and yang.....lol

[/QUOTE]

Sympatico

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Mellywitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And w/out BB as his DC, Parcells has never won ANYTHING ELSE...VOILA, a clown w/out BB!!!

FACT!!!

[/QUOTE]

sure Russ