Any news on Kelly injury?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Any news on Kelly injury?

This board EXPLODED last week when Big Vince went down, during and after the game and well before the achilles was known.

Kelly is now more important than ever and his knee injury while running with no contact looked just like how people tear ACL's. I was devestated when I saw him on the ground. 

Did I miss a bulletin or something?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Any news on Kelly injury?

This is all I've read so far...

Following up with Tommy Kelly: The veteran defensive tackle, who left the game in the fourth quarter with a knee injury and didn't return, was one of the last players to leave the locker room. Unlike Vince Wilfork last week, who left Atlanta on the back of a cart after tearing his Achilles, Kelly walked out under his own power and his injury didn't appear, on the surface, to be as serious as Wilfork's. Kelly said he planned to speak with reporters later in the week, but when asked briefly about the knee, he said "everything's good." What that exactly means remains a bit unclear. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

He's fine.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Need Kelly, agreed it was a good sign he came back out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Cant afford to lose him, both him and Armstead will make an awesome interior rush. Armstead is also very good against the run. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Following up with Tommy Kelly: The veteran defensive tackle, who left the game in the fourth quarter with a knee injury and didn't return, was one of the last players to leave the locker room. Unlike Vince Wilfork last week, who left Atlanta on the back of a cart after tearing his Achilles, Kelly walked out under his own power and his injury didn't appear, on the surface, to be as serious as Wilfork's. Kelly said he planned to speak with reporters later in the week, but when asked briefly about the knee, he said "everything's good." What that exactly means remains a bit unclear. 

Whomever wrote that mthurl, was wrong, Kelly actually did return, if they watched the game...he was out for like 1 or 2 plays & then they showed him on the bench for the rest of the game, from that point on though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mrtm70's comment:

Whomever wrote that mthurl, was wrong, Kelly actually did return, if they watched the game...he was out for like 1 or 2 plays & then they showed him on the bench for the rest of the game, from that point on though.

Yeah, you're right.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Thanks! Good to hear.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

He returned, but then fell down again grasping his knee, which is why he spent the rest of the game on the bench.  It's clearly injured.  Hopefully nothing more than a sprain, but I won't be surprised at all if he's out for a while.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

They were wrapping his foot or leg on the sidelines.  He has pretty hobbled when he came over to the sidelines. Kelly will besore this week. Talib was winded early in the gme. He had his hands on his hips before the half. I saw where chandler jones was playing nose tackle a couple plays. The other c jones had a heck of a game. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

[QUOTE]

He returned, but then fell down again grasping his knee, which is why he spent the rest of the game on the bench.  It's clearly injured.  Hopefully nothing more than a sprain, but I won't be surprised at all if he's out for a while.

[/QUOTE]

I know they have pretty thorough tests they perform to determine if certain main ligaments are still intact. Given that they allowed him back in the game, I think it's clear that the major ligaments (ACL, MCL, PCL, and LCL) aren't severely damaged.

That said, his knee did buckle, and it didn't look good on the surface. If I had to guess, I'd say it's an MCL sprain, given that the knee gave out to the inside. If my hunch is correct (which it very well couldn't be) one could expect him to be out anywhere from 2-6 weeks. But what do I know. He could return against the Saints. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Well even if we've lost him through the BYE it is a monster blow.

But, this team probably just needs to go 7-4 the rest of the way including 2 wins over the Phins or 8-3 going 1-1 vs. them and the division is theirs.

If the currently injured guys (in order of importance) are all healthy by then: Gronk, Kelly, Vareen, Amendola, Ridley, Armstead, Arrington and Washington, the team should be ready to make some real noise in th playoffs.

Of course BB making a splash like he did last year for Talib and targeting a DT via trade would be a monster move (Phil Taylor!)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Well even if we've lost him through the BYE it is a monster blow.

But, this team probably just needs to go 7-4 the rest of the way including 2 wins over the Phins or 8-3 going 1-1 vs. them and the division is theirs.

If the currently injured guys (in order of importance) are all healthy by then: Gronk, Kelly, Vareen, Amendola, Ridley, Armstead, Arrington and Washington, the team should be ready to make some real noise in th playoffs.

Of course BB making a splash like he did last year for Talib and targeting a DT via trade would be a monster move (Phil Taylor!)

8-3 with a split against the Phins mean losses to the Broncos, Phins and Saints most likely. That doesn't leave a margin of error against any of the other teams they play (although there are plenty of bad teams left on the schedule).

As for the healthy guys getting injured, that assumes that they come back (do we know what Armstead or Washington would even bring to the table) and that no one else of import gets hurt.