any red zone tight ends a la Mike Vrable

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

any red zone tight ends a la Mike Vrable

is there any player that has good hands and could be used on the goal line like Vrable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Re: any red zone tight ends a la Mike Vrable

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

is there any player that has good hands and could be used on the goal line like Vrable.

[/QUOTE]

I think Edleman is the emergency LB/TE.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Ninkovich

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

can Niko catch the ball, how about Collins.....isn't Edleman the emergency everything

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Matt Mulligan

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Why not Mulligan?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

I would like to see Mulligan used in that situation, he made great catch and run last week...not so good in hurdling the defensive player

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Yes.  Nate Solder.  He's 6 foot 8 plus an enormous arm length of 35 1/2 inches.  He has great quickness for anyone that big -- he was a top performer (for his group, the cement truck group) in the 40, in the vertical jump, in the broad jump and in the 20 yard shuttle.  He played tight end in college.  He has lined up at tight end for the Patriots.

Make Solder eligible.  Run Solder to the back of the endzone, and then he makes a cut.  Lob the ball up where only Solder can get it -- otherwise the ball sails harmlessly out the back of the endzone.  If Solder is being covered by a 5 foot 11 inch safety, it's a piece of cake.  Also, if the safety is on one side or the other of 320 pound Solder, he's bodied out of the play.  Solder can also run-block like Gronk if not better, for those first and goal runs.

Look at Solder's size versus the poor guy covering him, 6 foot 2, 255 pound linebacker Rey Maualuga of Cincinnati:  http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2013/10/6/4809592/tom-brady-overthrows-nate-solder

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

if they use solder at te who do they have left at tackle

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes.  Nate Solder.  He's 6 foot 8 plus an enormous arm length of 35 1/2 inches.  He has great quickness for anyone that big -- he was a top performer (for his group, the cement truck group) in the 40, in the vertical jump, in the broad jump and in the 20 yard shuttle.  He played tight end in college.  He has lined up at tight end for the Patriots.

Make Solder eligible.  Run Solder to the back of the endzone, and then he makes a cut.  Lob the ball up where only Solder can get it -- otherwise the ball sails harmlessly out the back of the endzone.  If Solder is being covered by a 5 foot 11 inch safety, it's a piece of cake.  Also, if the safety is on one side or the other of 320 pound Solder, he's bodied out of the play.  Solder can also run-block like Gronk if not better, for those first and goal runs.

Look at Solder's size versus the poor guy covering him, 6 foot 2, 255 pound linebacker Rey Maualuga of Cincinnati:  http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2013/10/6/4809592/tom-brady-overthrows-nate-solder

[/QUOTE]

good call. He played a lil TE in college

[/QUOTE]

If he played a lil TE, can we find the guy who played the big TE?  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I actually think Nate Ebner might be good at it.  Sure he's not as tall as Vrabel, or the conventional TE, but he's got the rugby background, tough to bring down on first contact, and has good hands from what I've seen.

And unlike bigger guys like Buchanan and Bequette at least we know Ebner will play every week (special teams regular).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

I say Put Chandler Jones out there at TE in the red zone. He is athletic and I bet he can catch the ball

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I kind of like what Devlin has done in limited reps catching the ball, but moving the chains on catches is a lot different than making tight catches in a endzone. That takes some serious concentration and experience...size/height, helps too.