Any speculation on the Monster Colts trade?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Any speculation on the Monster Colts trade?

Yes yes yes - Running backs in the first round or for a first round pick are worthless, because BB would never use a first round pick on a running back, right??  err...

I am glad Grigson is making bold moves to improve his team not only now but also for the future rather accumulating picks only to see the players selected not pan out.  

Remember when BB fleeced the league and acquired all those second round picks for 2009.  That was an amazing second round effort by Belichick.  chuckle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

UD6- What's up?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Hmmmm...Richardson could not stay on the field nor would I consider him worthy of a first. Colts got suckered and Cleveland is setting themselves up for a very deep QB draft next spring.

I don't agree, he had 900 yds and 11 tds for a team that had no passing game at all Him his rookie year. I don't see this trade helping the browns much, they seem to botch most of their first rounders anyways. Their last two were Trent already traded and Weeden who apparently can't even beat out Brian Hoyer lol. Good trade for Indy, Trent will look good with Luck.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

This is good ol' fashioned tanking for a high draft pick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

[QUOTE]

Hmmmm...Richardson could not stay on the field nor would I consider him worthy of a first. Colts got suckered and Cleveland is setting themselves up for a very deep QB draft next spring.

I don't agree, he had 900 yds and 11 tds for a team that had no passing game at all Him his rookie year. I don't see this trade helping the browns much, they seem to botch most of their first rounders anyways. Their last two were Trent already traded and Weeden who apparently can't even beat out Brian Hoyer lol. Good trade for Indy, Trent will look good with Luck.

[/QUOTE]

Cleveland media is also reporting there were concerns with his maturity and attitude as well as being dinged up this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

I don't know? I think he is a good player, certainly has some talent...was the third pick in the draft, is still young. Where is Cleveland going to be picking when the Colt's selection rolls around? 20? 22? That's a big drop in value.

It is a big drop in value?  Cleveland is nowhere near a contender, so getting ROI on a building block piece like a LB, an OL, DL or something like that, maybe even a QB if Cleveland tanks, that gives them TWO conerstone kind of picks vs a sexy positional player at RB.

Al Davis and Matt Millen kept trying to build their team via WR when they weren't close to having the base built.

Lombardi didn't draft Richardson.  This is a coup for Cleveland because they are back on track with loading up on picks for their rebuild. Any time you get 2 1st rd picks, you pretty much can own a draft, especially Rd 1.

You are awful with budgeting, finances and economics.   

Richardson has tons of miles on him and is nothing special. 

Well first off no one litstens to you and you're basically a world class moron/tool bag, but aside from that yes, getting a selection 17 or so picks down from where you select is poor value. It's just simple math. Second, you were the guy saying Lombardi was going to give up the 7th overall selecetion for Mallett when everyone told you it wasn't going to happen, so don't try to pretend you understand value, economics, common sense, finances...especially seeing how you work at CVS and drive a Nissan Sentra...or did CVS fire you? You've been posting 800 times a day, so I figure that is a possibility.  

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Probably a dumb trade for Colts. They get a midget who averaged 3.6 a carry last season?

That 1st rounder might be much higher than the Colts think it will be. They are 1-1 and barely beat the Raiders. And they will not be playing the pansy schedule their "suck for luck" record gave them last year. With 9ers, Seattle, Denver and Houston over the next 6 games, they are likely going to be 2-6 at the halfway mark. They will do well to end up 8-8; 6-10 or 7-9 is a distinct possibility.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Weeden stinks again as everyone said he would, they are 0-2 and dealing Richardson now means Lombardi is already looking to next year. I wonder if he would part with one of the D linemen........

Ill have a phil Taylor to go please. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I care about his production, you idiot. 

Production matters.  The differentiator is that Cleveland had no weapons outside of Richardson.  Not the case in Indy with Luck, Wayne, Hilton, Fleenor, Bradshaw.  This could be a wonderful fit for both Richardson and the Colts. 

meanwhile, lets talk about BB never using a first round pick for a running back. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Belichick's got rusty brainwashed into thinking he never drafts players based on their production.  Rusty probably believes Belichick first sees who's draft value has dropped on Mel Kiper's board due to injury then sees if he can get that player 2 rounds lower.  Nothing like value, as they say.  Who cares about production.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

This is good ol' fashioned tanking for a high draft pick.

Why would they do that?

If they are after a good QB, there will be a flood of them next year, you don't need a high pick to land one. Heck there could be QBs with first round grades, who will be left available in the second round. 

If they are looking to beef up their D, you don't need to get Clowney to find someone who will improve the D. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't know? I think he is a good player, certainly has some talent...was the third pick in the draft, is still young. Where is Cleveland going to be picking when the Colt's selection rolls around? 20? 22? That's a big drop in value.

It is a big drop in value?  Cleveland is nowhere near a contender, so getting ROI on a building block piece like a LB, an OL, DL or something like that, maybe even a QB if Cleveland tanks, that gives them TWO conerstone kind of picks vs a sexy positional player at RB.

Al Davis and Matt Millen kept trying to build their team via WR when they weren't close to having the base built.

Lombardi didn't draft Richardson.  This is a coup for Cleveland because they are back on track with loading up on picks for their rebuild. Any time you get 2 1st rd picks, you pretty much can own a draft, especially Rd 1.

You are awful with budgeting, finances and economics.   

Richardson has tons of miles on him and is nothing special. 

[/QUOTE]

Any time you get 2 1st rd picks, you pretty much can own a draft, especially Rd 1.

Yes, Queenie FiddyK, I tried to explain that to you prior to the 2013 draft with the Jets owning the 9th & 13th picks in the draft after fleecing your pal Schiano.  Strangely enough, you had an entirely different POV about the Jets potential for "Owning the draft".  Well, all they got was the best DE, best CB and best QB in the draft.

[/QUOTE]

It was the worst QB class in years.

25. This post has been removed.