Any speculation on the Monster Colts trade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Any speculation on the Monster Colts trade?

nice blitz pickup by Richardson!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

How are they compounding the Brown "mistake"? 

RESPONSE: Are you finally admitting that Donald Brown is a BUST? Read my previous post above! 

TP - how come you didn't answer my question?  Tell you what, lets do this in a normal kind of a discourse.  If I ask a question, then you answer it.  If you have questions subsequently, then I answer them. 

RESPONSE: Even you can't be this stupid! Brown was a mistake because the Colts wasted a first round pick on a RB in 2009...and are now doing the same, in wasting a 2014 #1 pick on yet another RB. Capische??

Did I miss Minnesota offering Matt Kalil for the colts 1st round pick next year?

RESPONSE: I've been out of town. Did I miss that? Do you have a cite? When did the Vikings offer to trade their 2nd year, pro-bowl LT Kalil, to the Colts for Indy's #1 draft choice? Or...are you merely doing what you always do...say anything to try to buttress your silly arguments?

RESPONSE: Couldn't help but notice how you avoided answering this portion of my response, Dog(ggggg). Up to your old lying and misrepresenting tricks again I see, Pinocchio? Where's the cite showing that Minnesota offered the Colts Matt Kalil for Indy's 2014 #1 pick? I'm waiting, Doggie...doo.  

Richardson is a significantly better body guard for Luck than Brown is in a number of ways.  He's a better pass blocker.  He's a better pass catcher, and he's a bigger running threat which causes teams to change the way they rush Luck, now. 

RESPONSE: The above is one of the silliest statements that you have ever made here...and that's saying something. Are you seriously going to argue that a good-decent RB is as good a pass protector for a QB as a stud LT? LOL!!!

Where did I say that a good RB is a better pass protector than a good LT?  The colts already have a good LT.  Richardson is a better pass protector, runner, and pass catcher - all which help Luck - than any other back they have.  Wake up Texas Pat.   

RESPONSE: Oh, that's right. You not so cleverly tried to misdirect my comments from a discussion about whether an improved OL or Richardson would be a better pass protector for Luck...and switched it around to a comparison between Donald "BUST" Brown, and Richardson. How juvenile can you get. The Colts' OL is weak...to such a degree that your idiot owner twittered that things had better change, or else...which likely prompted this silly trade.

I have no idea if Richardson will live up to the pick the colts have given, but he was not ineffective last year on a horrible team.

RESPONSE: He was not all that effective, either. Hall of Fame RB Jim Brown has referred to him as "ordinary". Based on what I've seen of Richardson in Cleveland, I tend to agree. Like other highly decorated Alabama RBs, Mark Ingram and Eddie Lacey, Richardson appears to be a product of the Nick Saban system, who flourished running behind the best OL in college football. 

What do you expect when you have a crappy team?  Jim Brown is one voice.  Superbowl winning coaches and Front Office executives have said the Colts got a heckuva player.  Time will tell.  Eddie Lacey is a rookie.  Why not give him an opportunity before labeling him?  Oops- that's your MO.  Never mind. 

RESPONSE: Lacey dropped like a stone during the 2013 draft because of similar concerns about him, as had Richardson. Both were over-used in a physical run attack at Alabama, and both had some problems staying of the field. And...what does Jim Brown know about RBs...right, Dog(ggggg)?

That gives him value as a known quantity unlike a draft pick - Laurence Maroney anyone?

RESPONSE: LOL!!! What does Maroney have to do with this conversation? You've been around here long enough to know that I have bashed BB for his poor drafts, including the selection of Maroney.

Well, if you quit breaking up paragraphs you might understand the context.  The context is that draft picks are unknown quantities and some fail, like Maroney.  Since Richardson has been in the league a year, people have an idea of what he can do, and some think he can be great.  The colts gave up a future pick which is no guarantee that the player taken will perform. 

RESPONSE: Who are these "people" You, Dog(ggggg)? Richardson is what he is...a decent to good RB...if he can stay on the field. He certainly wasn't worthy of being the 3rd overall pick ion the 2012 draft...and, now that we've seen a sampling of what he can do, his injury prone efforts aren't worthy of using a first round pick on.

The pick is next year's pick which means the colts have given up nothing this year.

RESPONSE: Ridiculous! Who is to say that the Colts are a playoff team this year? They play a tougher schedule than last years' walk in the park, their best offensive weapon is a 35 year old WR, they have a below average OL, and their defense is far from stellar.

Where in my comment did I say they were making the playoffs?  I have no idea how you came up with that thought based on me saying the colts have given up nothing this year.  Come on Tex. You are smarter than that...aren't you?

RESPONSE: Your initial comment minimizing the price to get Richardson looks even sillier after reading your latest comment, above. A first round pick for a team that doesn't make the play-offs is a very valuable commidity. No qualifications or Doggie-doo here, please...do you agree? A simple yes or no will do.  

The (1-1) after two home games Colts must still play the Texans twice, the NFC West teams, the Broncos, Kansas City, and San Diego in San Diego. Good luck, son.  

Thanks.  Yeah they are going to need help.  They've already got Luck.  Divine intervention would be nice.

RESPONSE: So you admit that it's doubtful that your Dolts will make the play-offs this year. Yes or no? 

Richardson's cap hit is not significant given that the colts are only responsible for about 30% of his total contract.  Financially, he's a steal.

RESPONSE If he produces as you hope he will, than yes, financially, it's an okay move. But, if he's "ordinary", or continues down the injury prone path, he's a waste of cap space, and a waste of a valuable #1 draft choice.

Financially its a great move even if he's just a 1000 yd rusher and 400 yd pass catcher with 11 TD's.  Broken ribs are not pulled hamstrings. 

RESPONSE: If the Colts made this deal and fail to make the play-offs, how can you deem this trade to have been successful? Your top argument seems to be that the Colts got better, and gave up nothing in return...for the 2013 season. But, what about the 2014 season, and thereafter? What is going to be done to significantly improve their OL and DL...when they lack a #1 draft pick next season?

Finally, 3 of the pats 3 starting offensive linemen were not picked in the first round.  2 were not drafted at all.

RESPONSE: Pleeeasssee. Their LT was a #1 pick in 2011, their RT was the 58th overall pick in the 2009 draft, and their LG was a #1 pick in 2005. Their starting RG and OC were found in "the scrap heap". But, history has shown that centers and guards, like RBs, can be found in later rounds. Tackles...rarely.

Thanks for agreeing with my comment.  By the way the colts have a 1st round left tackle.  So that box of yours has already been checked. 

RESPONSE: Agreeing with your comment?? You are delusional...LOL!!!

This is likely not dissimilar throughout the league.  What's that mean?  History has repeatedly shown that good offensive linemen can be acquired much later in drafts, than in round one.  That cut and paste function really works. 

RESPONSE: Man...you are really hoping that Richardson pulls through. Good luck with that, Doggie-dooo. LOL!!!

Why would I hope otherwise TP?  I am a Colts fan.

RESPONSE: You are not "hoping"...you are taking a position that this trade will turn the Colts' 2013 season around, are you not? Yes, or no.

Adios, Pinocchio!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

How are they compounding the Brown "mistake"? 

RESPONSE: Are you finally admitting that Donald Brown is a BUST? Read my previous post above! 

TP - how come you didn't answer my question?  Tell you what, lets do this in a normal kind of a discourse.  If I ask a question, then you answer it.  If you have questions subsequently, then I answer them. 

RESPONSE: Even you can't be this stupid! Brown was a mistake because the Colts wasted a first round pick on a RB in 2009...and are now doing the same, in wasting a 2014 #1 pick on yet another RB. Capische??

How do you know its a wasted pick?  Are you clairvoyant or did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night? 

Did I miss Minnesota offering Matt Kalil for the colts 1st round pick next year?

RESPONSE: I've been out of town. Did I miss that? Do you have a cite? When did the Vikings offer to trade their 2nd year, pro-bowl LT Kalil, to the Colts for Indy's #1 draft choice? Or...are you merely doing what you always do...say anything to try to buttress your silly arguments?

RESPONSE: Couldn't help but notice how you avoided answering this portion of my response, Dog(ggggg). Up to your old lying and misrepresenting tricks again I see, Pinocchio? Where's the cite showing that Minnesota offered the Colts Matt Kalil for Indy's 2014 #1 pick? I'm waiting, Doggie...doo.  

What would I say, my question was rhetorical.  In order for the colts to pick up a high first round offensive lineman from last year's draft, it would have had to have been Kalil? Are you so stupid that you didn't get that?  Guess so. 

Richardson is a significantly better body guard for Luck than Brown is in a number of ways.  He's a better pass blocker.  He's a better pass catcher, and he's a bigger running threat which causes teams to change the way they rush Luck, now. 

RESPONSE: The above is one of the silliest statements that you have ever made here...and that's saying something. Are you seriously going to argue that a good-decent RB is as good a pass protector for a QB as a stud LT? LOL!!!

Where did I say that a good RB is a better pass protector than a good LT?  The colts already have a good LT.  Richardson is a better pass protector, runner, and pass catcher - all which help Luck - than any other back they have.  Wake up Texas Pat.   

RESPONSE: Oh, that's right. You not so cleverly tried to misdirect my comments from a discussion about whether an improved OL or Richardson would be a better pass protector for Luck...and switched it around to a comparison between Donald "BUST" Brown, and Richardson. How juvenile can you get. The Colts' OL is weak...to such a degree that your idiot owner twittered that things had better change, or else...which likely prompted this silly trade.

ARe you kidding???  You changed my original subject.  You might be the most disingenuous poster on this board.  I guess you have to be that if you are going to play the "I'm always right" role, as you do. 

I have no idea if Richardson will live up to the pick the colts have given, but he was not ineffective last year on a horrible team.

RESPONSE: He was not all that effective, either. Hall of Fame RB Jim Brown has referred to him as "ordinary". Based on what I've seen of Richardson in Cleveland, I tend to agree. Like other highly decorated Alabama RBs, Mark Ingram and Eddie Lacey, Richardson appears to be a product of the Nick Saban system, who flourished running behind the best OL in college football. 

What do you expect when you have a crappy team?  Jim Brown is one voice.  Superbowl winning coaches and Front Office executives have said the Colts got a heckuva player.  Time will tell.  Eddie Lacey is a rookie.  Why not give him an opportunity before labeling him?  Oops- that's your MO.  Never mind. 

RESPONSE: Lacey dropped like a stone during the 2013 draft because of similar concerns about him, as had Richardson. Both were over-used in a physical run attack at Alabama, and both had some problems staying of the field. And...what does Jim Brown know about RBs...right, Dog(ggggg)?

So that's the criteria.  IF a player drops in the draft (what was his draft position supposed to be), then he's already a bust.  Hilarious.  Jim Brown is 40+ years from the game.  There are plenty of people actively in the game that like Richardson as a player including the current NFL executive of the year. 

That gives him value as a known quantity unlike a draft pick - Laurence Maroney anyone?

RESPONSE: LOL!!! What does Maroney have to do with this conversation? You've been around here long enough to know that I have bashed BB for his poor drafts, including the selection of Maroney.

Well, if you quit breaking up paragraphs you might understand the context.  The context is that draft picks are unknown quantities and some fail, like Maroney.  Since Richardson has been in the league a year, people have an idea of what he can do, and some think he can be great.  The colts gave up a future pick which is no guarantee that the player taken will perform. 

RESPONSE: Who are these "people" You, Dog(ggggg)? Richardson is what he is...a decent to good RB...if he can stay on the field. He certainly wasn't worthy of being the 3rd overall pick ion the 2012 draft...and, now that we've seen a sampling of what he can do, his injury prone efforts aren't worthy of using a first round pick on.

How about the current Colts GM?  I am more than willing to reserve judgement on the trade.  If he plays well, if he contributes to colts success as he did today then I'll be happy with the decision.  Can you define what a first round pick should be or do?  What's your criteria?

The pick is next year's pick which means the colts have given up nothing this year.

RESPONSE: Ridiculous! Who is to say that the Colts are a playoff team this year? They play a tougher schedule than last years' walk in the park, their best offensive weapon is a 35 year old WR, they have a below average OL, and their defense is far from stellar.

Where in my comment did I say they were making the playoffs?  I have no idea how you came up with that thought based on me saying the colts have given up nothing this year.  Come on Tex. You are smarter than that...aren't you?

RESPONSE: Your initial comment minimizing the price to get Richardson looks even sillier after reading your latest comment, above. A first round pick for a team that doesn't make the play-offs is a very valuable commidity. No qualifications or Doggie-doo here, please...do you agree? A simple yes or no will do.  

Contrary to what you think of yourself, I don't consider myself an NFL expert.  The colts have used 1st round picks that have not panned out as has likely every other team including the pats.  Even they are no guarantee.  Ryan Grigson, Executive of the year, loves the kid.  That's enough for me.  I give him the benefit of the doubt given his very quick success.  Richardson proved he could produce with a crappy team and while injured. 

The (1-1) after two home games Colts must still play the Texans twice, the NFC West teams, the Broncos, Kansas City, and San Diego in San Diego. Good luck, son.  

Thanks.  Yeah they are going to need help.  They've already got Luck.  Divine intervention would be nice.

RESPONSE: So you admit that it's doubtful that your Dolts will make the play-offs this year. Yes or no? 

I think its very possible given the more difficult schedule, personnel issues that still exist, and injury issues that are already hurting the colts that they may not make the playoffs, but they did just beat the Superbowl runner up in their building and their only loss is to a current 3-0 team.  I am hopeful.   

Richardson's cap hit is not significant given that the colts are only responsible for about 30% of his total contract.  Financially, he's a steal.

RESPONSE If he produces as you hope he will, than yes, financially, it's an okay move. But, if he's "ordinary", or continues down the injury prone path, he's a waste of cap space, and a waste of a valuable #1 draft choice.

Financially its a great move even if he's just a 1000 yd rusher and 400 yd pass catcher with 11 TD's.  Broken ribs are not pulled hamstrings. 

RESPONSE: If the Colts made this deal and fail to make the play-offs, how can you deem this trade to have been successful? Your top argument seems to be that the Colts got better, and gave up nothing in return...for the 2013 season. But, what about the 2014 season, and thereafter? What is going to be done to significantly improve their OL and DL...when they lack a #1 draft pick next season?

Well, the guy isn't a one year option .  He's only 23 years old.  He's expected to have a long productive career.  Do you remember when the pats gave up their first round pick and landed 2 2nds and a 5th and none of the players stuck with the team?  It happens.  The colts were willing to take a chance on Richardson and they need a RB.  This guy could be key. 

Finally, 3 of the pats 3 starting offensive linemen were not picked in the first round.  2 were not drafted at all.

RESPONSE: Pleeeasssee. Their LT was a #1 pick in 2011, their RT was the 58th overall pick in the 2009 draft, and their LG was a #1 pick in 2005. Their starting RG and OC were found in "the scrap heap". But, history has shown that centers and guards, like RBs, can be found in later rounds. Tackles...rarely.

Thanks for agreeing with my comment.  By the way the colts have a 1st round left tackle.  So that box of yours has already been checked. 

RESPONSE: Agreeing with your comment?? You are delusional...LOL!!!

Not at all.  The colts don't need a left tackle and the Vikes weren't offering Kalil as far as we know. 

This is likely not dissimilar throughout the league.  What's that mean?  History has repeatedly shown that good offensive linemen can be acquired much later in drafts, than in round one.  That cut and paste function really works. 

RESPONSE: Man...you are really hoping that Richardson pulls through. Good luck with that, Doggie-dooo. LOL!!!

Why would I hope otherwise TP?  I am a Colts fan.

RESPONSE: You are not "hoping"...you are taking a position that this trade will turn the Colts' 2013 season around, are you not? Yes, or no.

Man you are a piece of the worst kind of work.  Honestly, your mom must be ashamed.  You have no business trying to restate what you think I think when I've already provided it.  Finally, the colts season before the trade was 1-1. ONly you would think after 2 games that a season needs to be turned around.  The colts acquired Richardson because they had a need, were contacted by the Browns, and decided the offer was worth it. 

Adios, Pinocchio!

See ya dum bass. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Hey TP, did you see what Lombardi said about Trent Richardson last year - BEFORE he was the Cleveland GM? 

“I believe the safest pick in the draft—beyond Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III—is Alabama running back Trent Richardson. He’s a blue-chip player and has all the skills to quickly establish himself as a top-five player at his position. Forget the nonsense about not taking backs early—everyone would love the chance to get this guy.”

—Mike Lombardi, current Cleveland GM and former NFL.com columnist and NFL Network analyst, writing on NFL.com on April 23, 2012, three days before Richardson was picked third overall in the draft by the Browns.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Hey Tex - Did you see this quote:

I think this is one interesting take on the Trent Richardson trade, from former longtime NFL assistant Mike Westhoff after watching the narrow Week 2 Miami win over Indianapolis: “I think if the Colts had Trent Richardson in that game and could have controlled the clock better against the Dolphins, they’d have won that game.”

LOL!!!