Any word on these CBs recently?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Any word on these CBs recently?

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

cant tell you how happy id be if the pats sign talib and Nnamdi

We can't sign them both, won't happen, but I'd like to get one of them.  Either one opposite Dennard gives us a solid set and with a SS added to the mix we'd be all set except for nickel back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

We can't sign them both, won't happen, but I'd like to get one of them.  Either one opposite Dennard gives us a solid set and with a SS added to the mix we'd be set except for nickel back.

True, unless one of them took a much lower than expected offer. I'd be good with one of them and a veteran safety.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

We can't sign them both, won't happen, but I'd like to get one of them.  Either one opposite Dennard gives us a solid set and with a SS added to the mix we'd be all set except for nickel back.

I don't know..I think they might be able to. Rogers-Cromartie just signed a 1yr $4mil deal with Denver, so I'm thinking Talib is probably in that same range....could possibly get them both for around $10mil, no?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

In response to tmot1234's comment:

I don't know..I think they might be able to. Rogers-Cromartie just signed a 1yr $4mil deal with Denver, so I'm thinking Talib is probably in that same range....could possibly get them both for around $10mil, no?

Talib is gonna make WAYYY more than 1yr 4mil.  probably 7mil a yr with 20 gdt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

talib will ask for much more than 4 mil per, not sure about asomugha though

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I hope we re-sign Talib and take a look at Huff, getting Reed would be fantastic. Nnamdi was great in Oakland but horrible in Philly but still worth a looking into.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Why do people want to sign 2 starting cbs?

Dennard hasn't been suspended yet...while inhibit his growth by signing a guy who was a bust elsewhere?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Dennard hasn't been suspended yet...while inhibit his growth by signing a guy who was a bust elsewhere?

true, but if arrington is gone, they are going to have to sign more corners regardless

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

true, but if arrington is gone, they are going to have to sign more corners regardless

Sign nickel corners.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

In this league now you need a minimum of three good corners and ideally a good cover safety. 50+% of the snaps teams are playing nickel or dime defense. So Pats need at least two CBs on top of Dennard. If they resign Talib it will likely be a short deal - 1 or 2 years because of his history. If they sign a youngish CB with a more stable history they can go 4 or 5 years and reduce the first few years cap hit. They could easily get two good CBs for a total hit around 10M maybe even less. I think they need a second corner more than they need a safety. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I agree that this is one of the beauties of FA - speculating, waiting and hoping (and often being disappointed).  Seems there's a lot of secondary talent on the market.  I truly would like to see BB land one or two of 'em.  My choices:  Talib, Nnamdi and/or Huff.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

Damn, Grimes resigned? What were the terms of the deal?

actually, he did not. my bad. i guess the initial report was wrong

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2013/3/12/4085724/atlanta-falcons-brent-grimes-contract

Phew, I wouldn't mind seeing the Pats bring him on board. I get more and more nervous every time a big name comes off the FA list lol. 

we need to sign 2 of the top cbs period starting with smith.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

In this league now you need a minimum of three good corners and ideally a good cover safety. 50+% of the snaps teams are playing nickel or dime defense. So Pats need at least two CBs on top of Dennard. If they resign Talib it will likely be a short deal - 1 or 2 years because of his history. If they sign a youngish CB with a more stable history they can go 4 or 5 years and reduce the first few years cap hit. They could easily get two good CBs for a total hit around 10M maybe even less. I think they need a second corner more than they need a safety. 

re:

"In this league now you need a minimum of three good corners and ideally a good cover safety"

thank you!

what i have been saying since ive been on this board.

re:

"I think they need a second corner more than they need a safety. "

agree

and have been saying that since midseason.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

see mi comments, and the ones ive been writing every week

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Damn, Grimes resigned? What were the terms of the deal?

actually, he did not. my bad. i guess the initial report was wrong

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2013/3/12/4085724/atlanta-falcons-brent-grimes-contract

Phew, I wouldn't mind seeing the Pats bring him on board. I get more and more nervous every time a big name comes off the FA list lol. 

he's the best CB on the market IMO. i would love to get him too. Like i said, i would just love to get any halfway decent CB

smith and grimes would be good

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Would LOVE Talib and Nnamdi, but would settle for Talib and Lewis. But we MUST get Pollard! Our D needs to get mean and nasty!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblock33644. Show dblock33644's posts

only 4 teams in on namdi 49ers broncos dophins and chargers patriots arent as of now

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dblock33644's comment:

only 4 teams in on namdi 49ers broncos dophins and chargers patriots arent as of now

namdi sees to have lost a step or more. 

start with smith, add one other top cb

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from manowar333. Show manowar333's posts

I just don't see Nhamdi being brought in.  He's limited to only playing one side of the field, so he doesn't have the versatility that Hoodie craves and he doesn't play zone coverage very well, one thing the BB plays a LOT of.  Not even sure he can be on an island in man anymore because we rarely saw that in Philly.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I don't see why people want Nnamdi. He was exposed when he went to Phi as not nearly as good as people thought he was in Oak. He's not a shut down corner and now he's over 30. I'd pass on Nnamdi.

Give me Talib and Lewis with Dennard anyday but I have a feeling we are going to end up with Winfield and Jammer because they are more cost effective and are "smart" vets