Any Worries About Colts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Any Worries About Colts?

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If Luck has a day like Tannehill did against that Pats D, there won't be much time to run.

[/QUOTE]

good point... hope that isnt the case

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Also, he threw 3 INTs in a dome. Gimme some New England chill...

[/QUOTE]

Is it well documented that QBs rarely throw picks in domes?

[/QUOTE]

As a jester fan you certainly know QBs who throw picks.....

[/QUOTE]

Still obsessed with the Jets?  Strange.  But what does that have to do with you being worried about the Colts?

[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked, Im not the loser on another teams forum....talk about obsessed!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Even though they gave up a lot of points, they still managed to win the game against the Chiefs. They're on a winning streak.

Strengths and Weaknesses?

[/QUOTE]

Just think.... both teams have luck on thier side.And thats a proven fact !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to kevin13130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Two things: cover T.Y. Hilton with a speedster (not Talib, maybe Arrington & a safety), and don't let Luck run around. Pretty confident we'll handle their defense.

[/QUOTE]

no talib is best option. Talib will beat up TY off the line and wont even let him downfield

[/QUOTE]

Maybe. Talib isn't best used to cover small, quick receivers though. If he isn't able to jam Hilton at the line, there could be problems. We'll see how Belichick handles it, but you can bet the focus will be on Hilton.

[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't Talib be able to jam TY? because of speed?
    Talib is fast as well. TY's straight line speed might be better but putting a shadow safety over the top solves that problem easy. Ty Hilton is not a diverse WRs. He runs streaks and crosses and thats about it. Jam him outside and shadow a safety over top and we'll be fine.

fleener poses a bigger threat maybe, we tend to struggle with solid tight ends. McCourty will need to be stout in coverrage vs him

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I like the fact fans are the worriers.. the team just goes about its business trying to win a game.  Team = confident.  Fans = biting their nails.

Also, too many here are thinking way beyond the Colts... the team is focused on Saturday night.  Let's get past that game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's an expert identifying Int's. he has had the advantage of watching sanchez and Smith be the best at their craft in that area.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Pats will still have to bring their A game to bring the Colts...they cannot underestimate them.

That being said, their D is not that good and their run game is average at best. I really like the Pats chances, especially at home.

[/QUOTE]

"A" game should be throughout the playoffs.  The other team is bringing on their best too.  Somehow, as I said in a previous post, its seems the fans have these preconceived notions the team may not play their best, be worried about the other team etc...  I'm glad the team plays this game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Still obsessed with the Jets?  Strange.  But what does that have to do with you being worried about the Colts?

[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked, Im not the loser on another teams forum....talk about obsessed!!!!

[/QUOTE]

But what does that have to do with you obsessively having to mention the Jets on a Pats forum?  Or more importantly, what does it have to do with you being worried about the Colts?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Just some stats that are basically meaningless now that the playoffs are here:

Colts defense:

Passing - 13th in yards

Rushing - 26th (hint hint McDaniels...)

Total - 20th in yards, 9th in PPG (21.0...Pats have 21.1 lol).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Two things: cover T.Y. Hilton with a speedster (not Talib, maybe Arrington & a safety), and don't let Luck run around. Pretty confident we'll handle their defense.

[/QUOTE]

no talib is best option. Talib will beat up TY off the line and wont even let him downfield

[/QUOTE]

Talib suffers against the speedsters, like Steve Smith and T.Y. Hilton last year even. BB put Arrington on Wallace the last time we played Miami and had McCourty hover over them. I think Wallace caught one ball that game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Pats will still have to bring their A game to bring the Colts...they cannot underestimate them.

That being said, their D is not that good and their run game is average at best. I really like the Pats chances, especially at home.

"A" game should be throughout the playoffs.  The other team is bringing on their best too.  Somehow, as I said in a previous post, its seems the fans have these preconceived notions the team may not play their best, be worried about the other team etc...  I'm glad the team plays this game.

[/QUOTE]

I know, but some people act as though the Pats will steamroll them regardless...if they don't play their best, they could lose (or they could still win). 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes. Less elements, more contolled enviroment...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe. Talib isn't best used to cover small, quick receivers though. If he isn't able to jam Hilton at the line, there could be problems. We'll see how Belichick handles it, but you can bet the focus will be on Hilton.

[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't Talib be able to jam TY? because of speed?
    Talib is fast as well. TY's straight line speed might be better but putting a shadow safety over the top solves that problem easy. Ty Hilton is not a diverse WRs. He runs streaks and crosses and thats about it. Jam him outside and shadow a safety over top and we'll be fine.

fleener poses a bigger threat maybe, we tend to struggle with solid tight ends. McCourty will need to be stout in coverrage vs him

[/QUOTE]

No, because of Hilton's quickness/agility. I haven't seen many Colts game this season, but I seem to remember him as a slot receiver who became the primary guy after Wayne went down. Arrington is usually the better option to cover slot guys, where Talib can struggle sometimes. No doubt there will be safety help no matter who covers him though.

I agree Fleener can cause problems, but he seems inconsistent and drops a lot of passes. I'd be OK with letting them try to beat us with Fleener. They don't really have much receiving talent after Hilton and Fleener, so those two are definitely the guys to take away.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

None. Their defense stinks. Shut down Luck, Hilton and Donald brown. simple as that

[/QUOTE]

Yes, that was KC's plan, as well.  NE doesn't have anywhere close to as good of a D as KC.

[/QUOTE]

Not worried. KC's defense wasn't so good, they let Indy score 45 points.

And they didn't show up in losses to AFC playoff teams, gave an average up 30 points:

Whereas, the Patriots defense gave up an average of 15 points in their 4 losses

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Talib suffers against the speedsters, like Steve Smith and T.Y. Hilton last year even. BB put Arrington on Wallace the last time we played Miami and had McCourty hover over them. I think Wallace caught one ball that game.

[/QUOTE]

good points but Hilton isnt Smith. Hilton is a REAL small dude. uses no physicality at all in his game. Talib doesnt have to play him the whole game but atleast put him on Ty a couple plays to really rough him up and beat him up. i dont trust Arrington on a straight line runner like TY. He will never turn his head.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsTxGrl. Show PatsTxGrl's posts

I'm only worried that it is taking forever for next Saturday to get here. Other than that, no worries.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

good points but Hilton isnt Smith. Hilton is a REAL small dude. uses no physicality at all in his game. Talib doesnt have to play him the whole game but atleast put him on Ty a couple plays to really rough him up and beat him up. i dont trust Arrington on a straight line runner like TY. He will never turn his head.

[/QUOTE]

Your way could work, but I'm almost certain BB will go Arrington and McCourty.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to PatsTxGrl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm only worried that it is taking forever for next Saturday to get here. Other than that, no worries.

[/QUOTE]

Saturday, Sweetheart. Primetime Saturday.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Your way could work, but I'm almost certain BB will go Arrington and McCourty.

[/QUOTE]

You may be right but that scares me cause i do not like fleener vs gregory. McCourty vs fleener sounds a lot better to me. Fleener can hurt us, we struggle vs TEs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Maybe bb pulls a Saints gameplan and puts Talib on Fleener and Arrington on hilton with help from mccourty. 

at this point, everyone worries me. its the playoffs and 1 game seasons from here on out. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe bb pulls a Saints gameplan and puts Talib on Fleener and Arrington on hilton with help from mccourty. 

at this point, everyone worries me. its the playoffs and 1 game seasons from here on out. 

[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't surprise me. Hilton and Fleener are clearly their 1-2. They don't have much going on after that.

You have to give credit to Luck for pulling the Colts to this point without Reggie Wayne on offense. I would be a lot more afraid of the Colts if they had Wayne.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wallace scored on them in that game. I think he went over 100 yards too

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Kc let TY run free, on a couple of passes there wasn't a body within 15 yds

he will be stopped

But Luck is special. , and he seems to be a real person. 

butTB is still top Gun

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So, what you're saying is that it's not about the QBs playing, the quality of the defenses, and but the lack of bad weather?   So, it would stand to reason that QB's that play an away game in a dome would have a lower pick % than their undomed games?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So, what you're saying is that it's not about the QBs playing, the quality of the defenses, and but the lack of bad weather?   So, it would stand to reason that QB's that play an away game in a dome would have a lower pick % than their undomed games?

[/QUOTE]

So you want hard numbers??? OK - Tom Brady 17 career playoff wins, Jets 12 playoff wins in FRANCISE HISTORY