Anybody else basking in the backtracking of the Manning apologists?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Anybody else basking in the backtracking of the Manning apologists?

Its a hoot watching all the national sports talking heads finally realize what Pats fans saw 16 years ago when jughead got EMBARASSED 41-0 to of all teams the jets in his first playoff game - hes a choker in the big games....Chis Carter said it best - a 43-8 loss in the SB CANT be hidden on your Resume!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Anybody else basking in the backtracking of the Manning apologists?

I actually find they are not talking about it enough - definitely not as much as they were talking about how he was teh greatest, pre-SB

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

It's great to see.  hard to believe they changed the game for this guy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brings up an interesting question - If he were still in Indy after this loss with Dungheap and Polianus, what rules would they be crying to change right now???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brings up an interesting question - If he were still in Indy after this loss with Dungheap and Polianus, what rules would they be crying to change right now???

[/QUOTE]

That a powerful defense like Seattle's should only be allowed to field 10 players against a Manning led offense?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

What's the problem?

He set the record for most completions in a SB.

And he only has as many SB losses as that other guy, Brady.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

starting Sun afternoon I got lubed up for the game and had a feeling peyton would lay an egg of massive proportions.

watched game with bunch of guys some who pretended to be manning fans...from the very first play of the game I was just taking it all in....and rubbing it in others faces who were caloong manning all time great...LOL

best thing could have happend considering the situation!! Enjoying this manning chokejob very very much

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The hypocrisy of the media is amazing, but I am enjoying the somewhat honest take of the media for once with regards to Gomie, especially after the annual and relentnless Pats bashing they do.

Very refreshing.

[/QUOTE]

Do you recall how the media was amazed that Brady, in SB42, despite all the pressure, hits and sacks, was still able to lead the Pats to a lead late in that game?  Some say Manning would not have survived that type of pressure to keep his team in the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

It is NOT that Manning was the QB for the losing team. We put TOO MUCH on whether the TEAM wins making the mistake that it is the QB winning and NOT the team. But it is STILL a team game....

If Denver had lost a close game and Manning ahd played well the loss would have been tough but not said as much about Manning.. FOr example, if he had in a close game orchestrated a drive to take the lead in the 4th quarter and then Denver could not hold the lead... you know,.... like TB was able to do in the 2 losses of the 5 SBs he ahs been in...

But no.. Manning was truly PATHETIC.. PA... THE... TIC... Like the play on 4th and 2 with an open recevier a few yards downfield right in front of him waiting for the ball while he throws outside and lamely and the ball goes to Seattle... Like the two picks.. That first one was a killer... all on him in a big moment when they had held Seattle out of the end zone.. bending for 2 FGs and 6 points but not giving up the TDs  and Manning throws a horrible pass and in a moment it is 15 - 0 and it his HIS fault they gave the ball up and the chance to Seattle.. They could not hold them out forever.. not that good a D.

If Manning had played like TB in the 2 SB losses that would have been one thing.. But no.. he was as bad as I can recall ANYONE being in the SB.. Historically BAD. That means something...

AND IT WAS NOT THE FIRST TIME HE HAD BEEN THAT PATHETIC IN A BIG PLAYOFF GAME... Truly horrible play... AGAIN.... AGAIN.... Not an aberration...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's sickening to even think about it.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"What's the problem?"

And he only has as many SB losses as that other guy, Brady."

You're kidding right?

If not you may want to venture out of your bubble more.

Short version for you: 

"He set the record for most completions in a SB."

He also had two pick sixes in the first half, one on a very bad throw the other on a very bad decision. Oh and a safety. His team never climbed out of that hole. 

The fact he broke another meaningless record in the process makes the reality of his failure that much more delicious.

"And he only has as many SB losses as that other guy, Brady.""

Well, you see - wins in Super Bowls count too.  Just ask John Elway. 

Brady has lost two Super Bowls but in both he left the field with his team in the lead late in the game. In Peyton's two losses, one was a brutal blowout, and the last loss was clinched by a horrible fourth quarter pick 6. 

So yeah, it's fun to watch the national media choke on their own hype fumes. 

I respect Peyton far more than those in the media who put a crown on him before he had won anything. 

It's simple: Peyton as the greatest of all time is over as a conversation. And yeah, I'm enjoying that.  I currently put Brett Favre slightly ahead of Peyton and they are similar players in terms of gaudy stats and post season struggles.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"What's the problem?"

You're kidding right?

Short version for you: 

He also had two pick sixes in the first half, one on a very bad throw the other on a very bad decision. Oh and a safety. His team never climbed out of that hole. 

The fact he broke another meaningless record in the process makes the reality of his failure that much more delicious.

Brady has lost two Super Bowls but in both he left the field with his team in the lead late in the game. In Peyton's two losses, one was a brutal blowout, and the last loss was clinched by a horrible fourth quarter pick 6. 

I respect Peyton far more than those in the media who put a crown on him before he had won anything. 

It's simple: Peyton as the greatest of all time is over as a conversation. And yeah, I'm enjoying that.  I currently put Brett Favre slightly ahead of Peyton and they are similar players in terms of gaudy stats and post season struggles.

[/QUOTE]

Peyton as the greatest of all time is over as a conversation.

does the dog know this?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"What's the problem?"

You're kidding right?

Short version for you: 

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I didn't think I'd actually have to use the sarcasm font on that one.

BTW, I don't think PM threw two pick sixes in that game, but since he has thrown one before in the SB, it raises an interesting question.

Who holds the record for throwing the most pick 6's in their SB career (and how many)?

I don't know the answer.  Just wondering if this is another record PM owns or managed to tie.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

Too many back him up still.  it's a joke.  Big Time Loser.  I don't want him on my team in the playoffs. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brady-is-clutch. Show brady-is-clutch's posts

also i heard this morning on espn that manning is the first qb in super bowl history with two pic 6's, way to go there jughead!!!!  if i was Eli i would be picking on him hard for that one!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

The best part: HE CHOKED IN MANNING WEATHER

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

John Harding of Colorado Springs sits in the concourse during the 3rd quarter. He said the Seattle fans never sit down and he can't see the game. "You know, it's like we didn't show up. It's a bummer. It reminds me of the old Super Bowls. It's depressing. It's really tough." He paid $3,200 for a ticket. The Denver Broncos vs the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XLVIII at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey Sunday, February 2, 2014. (Photo by Craig F. Walker/The Denver Post)   Source: DP

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Peyton is still one of the best ever. I have no dislike towards him....but then again I was raised up to respect your opponents...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

When a good defense meets a good offense, the defense wins. Manning never stood a chance, the Pats were in the game against them until Talib got hurt (10-0).

No surprise that a superior defense in Seattle was able to beat them up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Didnt the globe write before the colts lost to the saints in the super bowl "tonight will be Manning's masterpiece"

lmao

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I haven't really caught much of it, all I've heard so far is excuse making for the guy. This guy can do no wrong, even though he put in one of the worst performances I've seen in a long time in that Super Bowl.

Come September he'll throw a touchdown and all the talking heads will call him the second coming again.

24. This post has been removed.