Anybody else get this e-mail from Sheriff Goodell?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Anybody else get this e-mail from Sheriff Goodell?

Dear NFL Fan,

When I wrote to you last on behalf of the NFL, we promised you that we would
    work tirelessly to find a collectively bargained solution to our differences
    with the players' union. Subsequent to that letter to you, we agreed that the
    fastest way to a fair agreement was for everyone to work together through a
    mediation process. For the last three weeks I have personally attended every
    session of mediation, which is a process our clubs sincerely believe
    in.

Unfortunately, I have to tell you that earlier today the players'
    union walked away from mediation and collective bargaining and has
    initiated litigation against the clubs. In an effort to get a fair agreement
    now, our clubs offered a deal today that was, among other things, designed to
    have no adverse financial impact on veteran players in the early years, and
    would have met the players’ financial demands in the latter years of the
    agreement.

The proposal we made included an offer to narrow the player
    compensation gap that existed in the negotiations by splitting the difference;
    guarantee a reallocation of savings from first-round rookies to veterans and
    retirees without negatively affecting compensation for rounds 2-7; no
    compensation reduction for veterans
    ; implement new year-round health and
    safety rules; retain the current 16-4 season format for at least two years with
    any subsequent changes subject to the approval of the league and union; and
    establish a new legacy fund for retired players ($82 million contributed by the
    owners over the next two years).

It was a deal that offered compromise,
    and would have ensured the well-being of our players and guaranteed the
    long-term future for the fans of the great game we all love so much. It was a
    deal where everyone would prosper.

We remain committed to collective
    bargaining and the federal mediation process until an agreement is reached, and
    call on the union to return to negotiations immediately. NFL players, clubs, and
    fans want an agreement. The only place it can be reached is at the bargaining
    table.

While we are disappointed with the union's actions, we remain
    steadfastly committed to reaching an agreement that serves the best interest of
    NFL players, clubs and fans, and thank you for your continued support of our
    League. First and foremost it is your passion for the game that drives us all,
    and we will not lose sight of this as we continue to work for a deal that works
    for everyone.

Yours,
    Roger Goodell

I personally think it was a pretty lame attempt from the NFL to gain
    my support.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Anybody else get this e-mail from Sheriff Goodell?

If he really cared he would have put this in the letter....

And on March 12th rush to the NFL shop, free gear for everyone!  If it wasn't for you fans I would have to get a real job.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Corporate spin. I don't like the guy.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

we promised you that we would
    work tirelessly to find a collectively bargained solution to our differences
    with the players' union.

Yeah those 3 and 4 hour a day meetings would have killed me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

As much as I don't like Goodell after reading what the NFL's last ditch effort was it actually sounded like a fair offer and the Union had already made up their minds to decertify and sue. Sigh now that the union seems to have the fans support they are now taking to much advantage of it

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Anybody else get this e-mail from Sheriff Goodell?:
    [QUOTE]As much as I don't like Goodell after reading what the NFL's last ditch effort was it actually sounded like a fair offer and the Union had already made up their minds to decertify and sue. Sigh now that the union seems to have the fans support they are now taking to much advantage of it
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Not enough details to tell what the deal really was--plus they didn't make it until noon yesterday.  Sounds more like a PR move to me designed to sucker fans into thinking the league took the high ground. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from allancrain. Show allancrain's posts

The Union would like to become like baseball where all monies are guaranteed to the players.  They will try to get this through the courts, because the will never get it at the bargaining table

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]The Union would like to become like baseball where all monies are guaranteed to the players.  They will try to get this through the courts, because the will never get it at the bargaining table
    Posted by allancrain[/QUOTE]

What makes you say that?  As far as I know, they weren't asking for guaranteed contracts. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from allancrain. Show allancrain's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anybody else get this e-mail from Sheriff Goodell? : What makes you say that?  As far as I know, they weren't asking for guaranteed contracts. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

That's what the anti-trust suit will be about.  Probably no caps may be a part of it.  DeMaurice wants to be enshrined in the Labor Lawyer Hall of Fame.
    First thing he said when hired..."Hope for peace, but prepare for war!"  I knew there would be trouble.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anybody else get this e-mail from Sheriff Goodell? : Not enough details to tell what the deal really was--plus they didn't make it until noon yesterday.  Sounds more like a PR move to me designed to sucker fans into thinking the league took the high ground. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

The only reason I believe it is because I highly doubt the owners want to open the books in a lawsuit which is something the union is hell bent on trying to do so I think this was a real last ditch effort to get something down. I think it came down to the 11th hour the owners made an honest attempt which if they tried last week might have worked but the union at this point saw blood in the courts and public support so they wanted to turn the screws even harder like they did in the last negotiations.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

The players are being greedy

The owners are being unfair by not showing the books.

The players are asking for way too much into the fact that they should see the book. Its not 50-50 your working for the owners and should be compensated fairly health wise which the owners are willing to do but the players want more money almost to the point of basketball players.

Its a sad day for football people