Anybody else think Pees needs to step it up on Defence

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Anybody else think Pees needs to step it up on Defence

I am getting really tired of seeing the Pats Defence play as soft a D as the Colts. I miss the days when a receiver couldn't get off the line for a 5 count because the Pats db's were jamming them at the line. I mean, I know it is just preseason but you play like you practice and db's turning tail and running 20 yds down field on almost every down just doesn't seem like Pats football.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

Re: Anybody else think Pees needs to step it up on Defence

In Response to Anybody else think Pees needs to step it up on Defence:
    [QUOTE]I am getting really tired of seeing the Pats Defence play as soft a D as the Colts. I miss the days when a receiver couldn't get off the line for a 5 count because the Pats db's were jamming them at the line. I mean, I know it is just preseason but you play like you practice and db's turning tail and running 20 yds down field on almost every down just doesn't seem like Pats football.
    Posted by rtuinila[/QUOTE]

I think the same thing but people on here will argue the whole "bend but don't break" deal. I mean it's okay but I'd like to see a top 10 D this year in passing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

All around we did not look good tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

They better get there heads out of there Azz's and start 2 excute.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sarahtopy. Show sarahtopy's posts

I agree- we didn't play well tonight and we keep missing tackles and giving up too many big plays and yards after the catch. I think Pees is part of the problem. We should get Romeo Crennel back... he ran our D really well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

It was just preseason, people.

Pees does a good job. He's not really the defensive coordinator (nor was Crennel or Mangini), but more like the assistant defensive coordinator who carries out the instructions from Bill.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from smartmonies. Show smartmonies's posts

[QUOTE]I am getting really tired of seeing the Pats Defence play as soft a D as the Colts. I miss the days when a receiver couldn't get off the line for a 5 count because the Pats db's were jamming them at the line. I mean, I know it is just preseason but you play like you practice and db's turning tail and running 20 yds down field on almost every down just doesn't seem like Pats football.

That's what happens when you load up with heavy talent on Offense.
    Take Moss away and you might be able to have a shutdown corner.
    Patriots are looking like the Colts. A Pass happy team that lacks
    a good run game and a good defense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

First I think Moss has nothing to do with the Pats defense. He just doesn't cost that much and they were getting like this before he arrived.

I'm just glad someone else feels like I do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

So the D gives up ONE TD in a pre season game and you guys are looking for teh sky to start falling? Geez you are a fickle group. If anything our D looked better then our offense did tonight considering we couldnt score a single TD even with Brady in the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Well, we gave up 17 points in superbowl 42 and people blame the d for that game too... are you shocked?

In Response to Re: Anybody else think Pees needs to step it up on Defence:
    [QUOTE]So the D gives up ONE TD in a pre season game and you guys are looking for teh sky to start falling? Geez you are a fickle group. If anything our D looked better then our offense did tonight considering we couldnt score a single TD even with Brady in the game.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Patriots have been playing disciplined vanilla defense for a long time.  Works, for the most part, but - IMHO they have to be more aggressive. Special teams and defense used to be able to create turnovers...and the Patriots had some serious problems w/ Red Zone D last year.  With the addition of Burgess, I'm hoping that they let Adalius Thomas and/or Merriweather loose once in a while to put pressure on the other QB.

Seymour is no longer a threat/game changer - we need some folks to step up - a lot.

Unfortunately, our secondary and OLBs are basically unproven.  At this point, our best hope is for our Offense to score a ton of points until our D gains some chemistry.  The more our offense stays on the field, the less problems that can arise from our D. 

We'll see....it's  a new season.