Anyone concerned that Dennard may end up in jail.

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Anyone concerned that Dennard may end up in jail.

Give it up PhatRex, you're getting  bludgeoned to death here, just walk away.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to bredbru's comment:

In response to MoreRings' comment:

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to ricky12684's comment:

$ and long probabtion, no jail time. kraft's zionist lawyers are the best and have the most pull within the system.

#1 I don't think talib is using "kraft's zionist lawyers"

#2 i don't think Kraft's lawyers concern themselves with Zionism I am pretty sure the Firm he uses and those lawyers are concerned about 1 thing and 1 thing only... billing hours and or their retainer fee

Probation might be a good thing.

probation for assult on an officer woudl be a huge boon.

The cop was not in uniform.   I know you think you know everything, but you don't.  This is why undercover cops shouldn't be hanging bars at 2 AM.

On top of this cops lie all the time. They've lost their morals if they ever had any, they've forgotten their job is to uphold the law, not that they are the law and they can make up the law as they go along. My friend got charged with assaulting a cop once, a ring of people outside a bar with 2 people fighting in middle. My friend being drunk and holding a portion of fries starts throwing them into the air and at some point without noticing hits a cop in the head with one. 2.5 year suspended sentence for assualting a police officer...that says it all I feel

He's lucky. He'd have done time if he was eating onion rings.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

No. Personally if you strike a policeman,  you should get jail time. So be it. We don't live in a lawless society. yeah I like him, he did a great job on the football field, but I have no tolerance for citizens who succumb to thug mentality and strike public servants who put their lifes on the line to protect us.

BB will have to improvise, adapt and overcome if Dennard's holed up in some Omaha jail- Patriots's nation goes on

The policeman was not in uniform and it's not even confirmed that Dennard was the one who made contact.

You act like a cop in uniform was attacked.

does it matter if he was in uniform? the report states he was making and arrest.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/12/police-officer-testifies-alfonzo-dennard-punched-him-in-the-jaw/

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130212/HUSKERS/130219831/1685

Reading the cops testimony, if the officer wasn't in uniform, he handled it completely wrong. He came after Dennard when Dennard was walking away. If he never made it clear he was a cop, he created the situation, by touch Dennard. 

Just from reading the local Nebraska papers it sounds like the police officer witnessed Dennard punching a guy in the face. It also sounds like he told him he was a cop and that he was under arrest - Dennard then backed away and tried to leave realizing that an arrest was going to ruin him weeks before the draft. The officer tried to grab Dennards arm to stop him from leaving and Dennard pulled away...officer grabbed him again...Dennard then punched him in the face after having some choice words for him.

So to me, it sounds like the officer handled it the right way. As an officer he couldn't do nothing after seeing Dennard punch someone in the face - he would get suspended or fired if he was caught. The officer also could not just let Dennard leave, when Dennard realized he was now screwed at that point. It's too bad really...sounds like Dennard did three things...punch someone in the face, panicked and reacted to the panic with more violence. He could of just spent the night in jail and got a fine...instead he lost maybe a million in draft money.

I don't know. The quotes in th links make the cop sound like he was panicked and acting hasty. He knew who he was and decide to go after him. He never should have put his hands on Dennard. Dp you have a link where it states the cop claimly states he is a police officer?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

No. Personally if you strike a policeman,  you should get jail time. So be it. We don't live in a lawless society. yeah I like him, he did a great job on the football field, but I have no tolerance for citizens who succumb to thug mentality and strike public servants who put their lifes on the line to protect us.

BB will have to improvise, adapt and overcome if Dennard's holed up in some Omaha jail- Patriots's nation goes on

The policeman was not in uniform and it's not even confirmed that Dennard was the one who made contact.

does it matter if he was in uniform? the report states he was making and arrest.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/12/police-officer-testifies-alfonzo-dennard-punched-him-in-the-jaw/

Reading the cops testimony, if the officer wasn't in uniform, he handled it completely wrong. He came after Dennard when Dennard was walking away. If he never made it clear he was a cop, he created the situation, by touch Dennard. 

Just from reading the local Nebraska papers it sounds like the police officer witnessed Dennard punching a guy in the face. It also sounds like he told him he was a cop and that he was under arrest - Dennard then backed away and tried to leave realizing that an arrest was going to ruin him weeks before the draft. The officer tried to grab Dennards arm to stop him from leaving and Dennard pulled away...officer grabbed him again...Dennard then punched him in the face after having some choice words for him.

So to me, it sounds like the officer handled it the right way. As an officer he couldn't do nothing after seeing Dennard punch someone in the face - he would get suspended or fired if he was caught. The officer also could not just let Dennard leave, when Dennard realized he was now screwed at that point. It's too bad really...sounds like Dennard did three things...punch someone in the face, panicked and reacted to the panic with more violence. He could of just spent the night in jail and got a fine...instead he lost maybe a million in draft money.

I don't know. The quotes in th links make the cop sound like he was panicked and acting hasty. He knew who he was and decide to go after him. He never should have put his hands on Dennard. Dp you have a link where it states the cop claimly states he is a police officer?

I read it off profootball talk...it had a link to the local story in their article yesterday.

My personal opinion...the cop probably wishes he had never seen the the thing happen, then he wouldn't of had to make the arrest, but he did. If you're a cop, you have to do that...doesn't really matter if you're off duty - if it ever was reported that a known police officer witnessed a guy get assualted and did nothing about it, he'd be fired (or suspended, or in the news). I bet he also really wished Dennard didn't resist arrest - police officers are allowed to put their hands on a suspect - at that point (once he said he was under arrest) there was no turning back. I really don't understand how he was suppossed to cuff Dennard if he started walking away...I don't get how he was suppossed to stop him unless he grabbed his arm. The officer couldn't of used harsh language to make Dennard stop, he couldn't of drawn his gun and shot at him...sounds like he did the only thing he could.

Just my opinion. I could be totally wrong, this could be some young cowboy officer trying to make a name for himself, but I highly doubt it. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Tis a shame.. this what what these forums has come to:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ClarkGriswold.Show ClarkGriswold's posts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LessPhatRex.Show LessPhatRex's posts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ClarkGriswold.Show ClarkGriswold's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LessPhatRex.Show LessPhatRex's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ClarkGriswold.Show ClarkGriswold's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LessPhatRex.Show LessPhatRex's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LessPhatRex.Show LessPhatRex's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ClarkGriswold.Show ClarkGriswold's posts

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I read it off profootball talk...it had a link to the local story in their article yesterday.

My personal opinion...the cop probably wishes he had never seen the the thing happen, then he wouldn't of had to make the arrest, but he did. If you're a cop, you have to do that...doesn't really matter if you're off duty - if it ever was reported that a known police officer witnessed a guy get assualted and did nothing about it, he'd be fired (or suspended, or in the news). I bet he also really wished Dennard didn't resist arrest - police officers are allowed to put their hands on a suspect - at that point (once he said he was under arrest) there was no turning back. I really don't understand how he was suppossed to cuff Dennard if he started walking away...I don't get how he was suppossed to stop him unless he grabbed his arm. The officer couldn't of used harsh language to make Dennard stop, he couldn't of drawn his gun and shot at him...sounds like he did the only thing he could.

Just my opinion. I could be totally wrong, this could be some young cowboy officer trying to make a name for himself, but I highly doubt it. 

Arrest for WHAT, Sherlock?

Why assault dumb dumb! Unless you live on a differrent planet than everyone else, you can't pun ch a guy in the face...it's assault, isn't it? I mean, am I wrong here? As far as I know it's illegal to punch someone in the face...it's assault. So in that instance a cop will have to legally arrest the person after witnessing it, no? I mean he can't say, "well he hit him hard in the face with his fist - so I just turned away and then proceeded home" or "yeah, I gave him a mean look for doing that" or "I'm a cop, what did you want me to do, arrest him?". I'm sure that would look real swell in court while the officer is testifying.

All Dennard had to do was allow himself to be arrested (like every other human being that gets arrested), and he would of spent the night in jail and the charges would of been dropped in the morning. Instead he resisted arrest - punched the police officer in the face - and still had the other guy he punched in the face laying on the ground. Swell!! Great thinking!  

Let me guess Rusty, you have a thing against law enforcement now too. It's not enough that you have a love for mediocre defense and a disdain for great quaterback play - now you don't like police officers? Geez, thank god you're so good at all this mean salary cap stuff. LOL!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I once went to a trial where a demonstrator was charged with assaulting a police officer.  The cop had to admit that the woman who assaulted him was actually trying to slide past him, and he had to slide over to block, so she touched him.  There's a difference in basketball between taking a charge and a blocking foul.  Anyhow, the felony charge got thrown out. 

Back in the 1960s, Abbie Hoffman claimed in "Steal This Book" that the cops regularly charge innocent people with assaulting an officer just to get something big (and fake) over their heads so they can bargain down to some misdemeanor.  If every one of the policemen lie consistently and no cop squeals, it works like a charm. 

Other, more modern useful if fake things to charge someone with are pedophilia and sexual assault.

I suspect that the Patriots interrogated everybody involved and that Dennard was playing it smart at the time.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

I once went to a trial where a demonstrator was charged with assaulting a police officer.  The cop had to admit that the woman who assaulted him was actually trying to slide past him, and he had to slide over to block, so she touched him.  There's a difference in basketball between taking a charge and a blocking foul.  Anyhow, the felony charge got thrown out. 

Back in the 1960s, Abbie Hoffman claimed in "Steal This Book" that the cops regularly charge innocent people with assaulting an officer just to get something big (and fake) over their heads so they can bargain down to some misdemeanor.  If every one of the policemen lie consistently and no cop squeals, it works like a charm. 

Other, more modern useful if fake things to charge someone with are pedophilia and sexual assault.

I suspect that the Patriots interrogated everybody involved and that Dennard was playing it smart at the time.

hi, paul i followed your thought unitl, fake charges now are sexaul assault and pedophilia. who is gettgn charged with these crimes falsely? by who? and to what end? (not somethign ive encountered)