Anyone else find Ben Rapelistburger's good guy act nauseating?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Re: Anyone else find Ben Rapelistburger's good guy act nauseating?

Sexual Compulsivity/Addiction is a disease of isolation. It is never fully arrested just as an alcoholic's disease is never fully arrested. The best one can say is that they are in recovery. Recovery involves admitting one is powerless over sexual compulsivity, life has become unmanagable because of it and one seeks guidance from a Higher Power to restore one's life to sanity. It also involves acknowledging one's defects of character that led one to this behavior, asking God to remove those defects and making ammends to those one has hurt because of it.
    IMO Ben was really lucky to not get jail time for his behavior in Midgeville, Georgia. God has given him another chance. How he uses it is up to him. Although I have a certain jealousy that the Steelers are playing in the SB and not the Pats, I wish him the best in his efforts to change.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

absolutely, its only been 6 months since the incident.  I believe in second chances but this guy needs to prove he is a changed man and that should take years to show, not 5 months and a super bowl and all is forgiven.  Makes me sick how winning some football games makes you a good guy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Where I work people have been fired for DWI, Sexual Harassment, sex with under age people, sex with animals (Davedsone) LOL and other things. Look at the list of crimes committed by these sport stars....they should fired and not cheered for.
    Kobe has won back to back titles and everyone forgets he raped a girl, Ben R. could win his 3rd ring...and people cheer him?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Anyone else find Ben Rapelistburger's good guy act nauseating?:
    [QUOTE]
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]NO.. its a great act!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cbdam. Show cbdam's posts

In Response to Anyone else find Ben Rapelistburger's good guy act nauseating?:
    [QUOTE]Get ready for another week of it
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]

totally!

big ben, "but i only rape when i drink; and when i can find a drunk 18 yr old; but it has to be when i have my paid police bodygurds on duty, so nobody will interrupt my crime. so it's not THAT often."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cbdam. Show cbdam's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone else find Ben Rapelistburger's good guy act nauseating?:
    [QUOTE]Sexual Compulsivity/Addiction is a disease of isolation. It is never fully arrested just as an alcoholic's disease is never fully arrested. The best one can say is that they are in recovery. Recovery involves admitting one is powerless over sexual compulsivity, life has become unmanagable because of it and one seeks guidance from a Higher Power to restore one's life to sanity. It also involves acknowledging one's defects of character that led one to this behavior, asking God to remove those defects and making ammends to those one has hurt because of it. IMO Ben was really lucky to not get jail time for his behavior in Midgeville, Georgia. God has given him another chance. How he uses it is up to him. Although I have a certain jealousy that the Steelers are playing in the SB and not the Pats, I wish him the best in his efforts to change.
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]

some people may have issues psychologically with sexual compulsion (WITH OTHERS WHO WISH TO BE SEXUAL WITH THEM). i have some compassion for that.
       that is not the same thing as someone penetrating your girlfriend, daughter, aunt or mother AGAINST HER WILL. people like this need to be locked away from society forever so they do no more harm (or done away with completely). please understand the difference.

peace,
    cbdam/brdbreu

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cbdam. Show cbdam's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone else find Ben Rapelistburger's good guy act nauseating?:
    [QUOTE]    HE WINS #3 Just put himself in bad situations and poor judgement. I think a lot of women are looking for a payday!! We'll see if he change's his ways. He better or he'll be a back up QB for someone esle. Steeler's will cut him!!
    Posted by PATKILLER92[/QUOTE]

patskiller,
    has anyone close to you ever been raped.
    please don't dress rape up and make it out to not be a bad thing or about a woman's motive. your sister, mother, daughter don't want to be raped, nor do mine. please don't apologize for people who belong behind bars for good, or worse if it were up to me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]i was talking to a guy tonight who told me that this gal who accused "big" ben of rape was in it for the money and that her own friends said she had already had sexual contact with him before the alleged rape took place. is that the case? that was not i remember reading at all. does anyone have a link to an article that gives a thorough and fair account of what happened
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]YES! ben is not the ideal role model but lets lay off the koolaid sauce... so the guy goes to bars and CONSENSUALLY takes hot girls to the bathrooms? how many here would have liked to be in that position at some point... in both cases it only conveniently became "rape" AFTER these gals realized the truth of their actual character would come out opposed to the bs  their reputations are based on. in my opinion, you can add the jenn stergers to that list too. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tdan. Show tdan's posts

China's gymnastic team has been stripped of its bronze medal from the 2000 Olympics for using an underage girl. In related news, Ben Roethlisberger is moving to China.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cbdam. Show cbdam's posts

contrarian,
       you clearly have not much idea of what rape is or the facts.
    further, pushing your line of thinking further damages women who already have endured being raped. i would recommend you listen to some actual women who have been raped and have healed enough to speak about the aftermath. even better if you listen to women you know who have been raped. maybe you could consider volunteering at a rape crisis center. if a woman is drunk, it does not give any guy license to rape her.
       you are aware that good ben r. has done this to several women and that on at least 2 of the occasions, his hired bodyguards held back the women's friends so they could not assist the women when they fought back.
       (ps questioning a woman's character is one of the oldest approaches in the book to attempt to dismiss a rape crime. do you even have any contact with woman friend's or family. you lack empathy, understanding, and are being terribly misogynistic [woman hating].)

peace to you