Anyone else missing the ol' Sunday 1:00 Pats kickoff?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from James-B. Show James-B's posts

Anyone else missing the ol' Sunday 1:00 Pats kickoff?

Just to start off with, I've been a Pats fan since they were the Boston Patriots, and have seen them play at Fenway....

Sunday afternoons in the fall at 1:00 were sacred......Pats were always on then, usually on WBZ Channel 4 if memory serves me correct.  Yes, there were some pretty lean years in there, but a fan is a fan no matter what.

Now it seems that the Pats are hardly never on at 1:00 anymore....I do realize that a lot has changed over the years, and we are fortunate as fans that our team is now featured so often on prime time as a result of their prowess, but I really hate to wait sometimes like this weekend to wait until Monday night to watch them play.....I guess I'm just sentimental and miss those early Sunday afternoon games....anyone else feel the same??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: Anyone else missing the ol' Sunday 1:00 Pats kickoff?

I miss Sunday at 1 like crazy.  I guess I'll take this if it's a product of the success of the team, but I do miss the 1 pm games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UPSTATENYPATSFAN. Show UPSTATENYPATSFAN's posts

YES, especially like tonight when we have to stay up late to watch the game and then try to make it to work the next day and function alright because of lack of sleep! Anyways, The Pats have a few 1:00 games coming up soon and also at the end of the regular season. One Game at a Time!
    GO PATS!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Yes, where I live the 1pm game starts at 7pm. The 4pm game at 10pm and Sunday and Monday night football at 130am. If it's not a 1pm game (and there has only been one that I remember) I end up watching the recording the next day. Strange how few there are this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from James-B. Show James-B's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone else missing the ol' Sunday 1:00 Pats kickoff?:
    [QUOTE]Yes, where I live the 1pm game starts at 7pm. The 4pm game at 10pm and Sunday and Monday night football at 130am. If it's not a 1pm game (and there has only been one that I remember) I end up watching the recording the next day. Strange how few there are this year.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]
     There was an article in either the Globe or Herald a few months ago regarding how few 1:00 starts the Pats were actually gonna have this year.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

It really doesn't matter to me as I DVR most of the games. Being able to fast forward through the ridiculous amount of commercial breaks is the only way to go!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Wait, they play NFL games at 1?  Get out...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I hate prime time games, but i guess it comes with the territory. I noticed it when i first looked at the schedule. 1st home game @ 1 p.m. not until november. We lucked out when the Colts went for luck and we got that changed to a 1pm game

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

I have no opinion but am glad that the past stays in the past.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from batou. Show batou's posts

YES!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Yeah,  I live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and if the game is a 3:00pm Central start time they don't switch to the game until the one that's presently being aired is over.

So they may not go to the 3:00 game until sometimes mid-way thru the first quarter.  Especially if the first game runs a little over.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I live in Tucson so I miss the 10:00 am kickoff times (11:00 now after the time change). If the game is 1:00 on the east coast I go to the fox and hound and have a breakfast buffett for the first half of the game and a beer (sam adams of course) for the second half. Good times! I would be annoyed though if I were living back In Mass again and they hardly played at 1:00.

Go Pats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Yeah . . . the 1 pm games are really the only ones I can make.  I'm a season ticket holder, but I live in Toronto now. If the game's at 1 pm, I can get back to Toronto from Foxboro on Sunday night.  If the game's at 4 pm--or on Sunday night or Monday night--my football weekend ends up spilling into Monday or Tuesday, which messes up my work schedule.  Generally, I end up skipping all the games except the 1 pm games . . . and this year, that means skipping nearly all the games. 

If I'm watching on TV, I kind of like the 4 pm games because I can do something else earlier in the day . . . but the night games are too late for me. Given that I wake up at 5 am, I don't like staying up much past 10 pm.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

Thats one of the nice things about living in LA, most of the games are still on at 1pm and MNF is over before 9pm..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Yeah, it's been brutal this year.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from James-B. Show James-B's posts

.........I should have also added if your not one of the 'maturer' contributers on this post (Over 59), that we also use to get a heavy television  dose of the New York Giants here in the greater Boston area in the early-mid 60's....who remembers Jim Katkavich, Homer Jones, Andy Robestelli, Spider Lockhart names being called out???

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTPatsFan17. Show CTPatsFan17's posts

I never used to mind the prime time games, but now that I'm getting a little bit "older" (29), it makes it harder to function at work the following day when my alarm goes off at 5:30am.

Last night I did something that I don't think I've done in over 10 years when the Pats were in prime time: went to bed before the game ended.  Usually the adrenaline keeps me up until the end but with 8 minutes left in the game last night, I knew it was well in hand and I gave up on trying to keep my eyes open.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsMonkTime. Show ItsMonkTime's posts

In Response to Anyone else missing the ol' Sunday 1:00 Pats kickoff?:
    [QUOTE]Just to start off with, I've been a Pats fan since they were the Boston Patriots, and have seen them play at Fenway.... Sunday afternoons in the fall at 1:00 were sacred......Pats were always on then, usually on WBZ Channel 4 if memory serves me correct.  Yes, there were some pretty lean years in there, but a fan is a fan no matter what. Now it seems that the Pats are hardly never on at 1:00 anymore....I do realize that a lot has changed over the years, and we are fortunate as fans that our team is now featured so often on prime time as a result of their prowess, but I really hate to wait sometimes like this weekend to wait until Monday night to watch them play.....I guess I'm just sentimental and miss those early Sunday afternoon games....anyone else feel the same??
    Posted by James-B[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsMonkTime. Show ItsMonkTime's posts

In Response to Anyone else missing the ol' Sunday 1:00 Pats kickoff?:

Selfishly, no. I live in Pittsburgh now (I know...), but this year it's like I never left New England--all but one of the Pats' games have been televised here thanks to the many 4 o'clock and evening starts. Lovin' it!