Anyone going to switch to DirecTV to get the Sunday Ticket?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BleacherReport. Show BleacherReport's posts

Anyone going to switch to DirecTV to get the Sunday Ticket?

I have long wanted to get the NFL Sunday ticket but my old Condo did not allow it, I recently moved and finally switched to DirecTV and I cannot wait to get every game it should go well with my HDTV

Does anyone here have the Sunday Ticket? Is it worth it?

I had a code too and got $100 bucks off instantly the code is (22709976) so if anyone switches to DirecTv just use that when you sign up

Im interested in keeping tabs on Vrabel and Cassel in KC and watching the Bills and TO implode on themselves!

If anyone has had the Sunday Ticket for awhile let me know if you got the SuperFan package and if its worth the extra coin?

$100 off CODE = 22709976

Cheers

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from markpmac. Show markpmac's posts

Re: Anyone going to switch to DirecTV to get the Sunday Ticket?

Very worth it on all counts.  I live in MD, so NFLST is a must.  The superfan package adds HD and the Red Zone channel, which is what I watch when the Pats aren't on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BleacherReport. Show BleacherReport's posts

I have seen the RedZone channel at my buddies house and that is one of the best features!

Is the SuperFan package $50 or $100? Anyways im glad i had that $100 discount code to soften the blow

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageNR.jsp?assetId=900044&footernavtype=-1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolftears. Show wolftears's posts

Sunday Ticket is a MUST IMO, I made the switch in 2006. Is that discount code good for people already suscribed to directv or for new suscribers?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BleacherReport. Show BleacherReport's posts

[QUOTE]Sunday Ticket is a MUST IMO, I made the switch in 2006. Is that discount code good for people already suscribed to directv or for new suscribers?
    Posted by wolftears[/QUOTE]

Im pretty sure its just for new customers, good luck!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Sunday Ticket is a MUST IMO, I made the switch in 2006. Is that discount code good for people already suscribed to directv or for new suscribers?
    Posted by wolftears[/QUOTE]

Someone had posted on here that they call DirecTV every year and pretty much demand that they get the NFL package at a really low price and that DTV always gives it to him. Not sure of the truthfulness, but I do know that when you call up any Retention office, they will offer you far better rates. You just have to be willing to ask for it which a lot of people aren't.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Sunday Ticlket is worth every cent! I don't know much about all the accessary channels but I've had Direct TV's Sunday Ticket since 2004 when I moved south for the winter with no intention of ever shoveling snow again! I still wanted to watch the Patriots so to me as a transplanted New Englander living in the land of the Phins and Buccaneers or as I like to call them losers!!!LMAO

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from damngood. Show damngood's posts

Hey thanks man, I used that code and I got a $100 credit on my new account, so I used that money and added superfan. I owe ya one

GO PATS!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

You gota get SuperFan.  It is totally worth the extra $99.  You get everything in HD and You can view games on your computer.  Great if your traveling or If your TV is compatible you can use as a second source to view split screen.  Or you can watch one game on TV and have computer displaying a different game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I've been fighting the urge to go with DirecTV. I've had bad experiences dealing with those people...who are worse than used car salesmen. Plus, I didn't like the idea of signing a two-year contract...which is what they wanted at the time.

But...I'm tiring of going to sports bars just so I can see the Pats every weekend. So...I might just bite the bullet this year and, deal with those knuckleheads.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from travlinterry. Show travlinterry's posts

I got DirecTV in 2000, and have NEVER regretted it one single solitary second. The customer service people have always been good to me. If something is wrong they fix it, and then offer me a Free-view (Probably Showtime or MAX) for like 3 months as a good will gesture. And I cannot survive w/o my NFL Sunday Ticket!!! I live just outside if DC, and lemme tell ya....I cannot stand the repetitious still-not-news nature of Redskins Media. They really don't have anything to crow about (a bit of Pat's Bias? ;o)). And my NFL Sunday Ticket looks sooooo nice with my 55" HDTV!! Get ahold of a HDMI cable, and magic! The only thing is that when a big storm comes thru, the signal is blocked by the high cloud tops...but not for long. Although I cannot afford the SuperFan package, together with the Ticket being a bit pricey due to the NFL's greed, but if I couldn't have DirecTV in my Townhouse...I'D MOVE.

Cheers backatcha!
    Terry
    (formerly of Attleboro)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from damngood. Show damngood's posts

[QUOTE]     I've been fighting the urge to go with DirecTV. I've had bad experiences dealing with those people...who are worse than used car salesmen. Plus, I didn't like the idea of signing a two-year contract...which is what they wanted at the time.      But...I'm tiring of going to sports bars just so I can see the Pats every weekend. So...I might just bite the bullet this year and, deal with those knuckleheads.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Hey Texas, I had cable just 3 days ago and just made the switch yesterday to directv and for me the transistion was seamless. They were only at my place for about 45 mins and were there when they said they would be. Plus i used that code bleacher put up and got $100 off. Id do it if i were you

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I switched two years ago when I moved, and don't regret it. It's about the same price as cable, though a few of the channels are different. I'd go crazy if I didn't have NFLN (as I refuse to watch ESPN except for the Sunday night game). I didn't get a discount, but when I signed up I got 4 months of their $99 (the actual bill comes out to $117, though) package for free while I paid $70/month for the Ticket. It was cheaper in 08 (6 mo @ $41.50) and renewed automatically. This year it's gone up again (6 @ $44.99), and that s u c k s! But I wouldn't go any other way. Not only do you get to see all 16 Patriots games, but you're not stuck watching what the networks decide is the "game of the week". As far as it going out (in a storm), I've yet to have that happen during a game (knock on wood)! Anyway, the cable seemed to be out more often than the sattelite is. I consider it a must for any Patriots fan living outside NE.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Like bub said above, cable get there signals via satellite also so when the weather is extremely bad they loose there signal also.  I have the newer AU9 Slimline HD dish and it's been wonderful (the technology has improved greatly). 

As an example this morning we had massive T-Storms move through where I live in NY.  We lost signal for about 4 minutes during Backyardigans.  It's raining hard now and signal is perfect, plus with Super Fan if you do lose signal you can watch game on computer.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

I've had DirecTV since the late 90's and it's much better today than back then. It's been a few years since I've had a weather related knockout due to storms and that's living in the Panhandle of Florida. Have had NFL Sunday ticket and the MLB package since their inception (or close to it). Got the Superfan the first year free but didn't think it worth the extra 100.00 after that. Someone here (wish I could remember who) said they call and fight every year for the free Superfan because it was free when the originally purchased the package, so I'm gonna try that this year. Can't live without my Pat's or Sox (TNT makes the Celtics taste a bit better as it's FREE!).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

Oh almost forgot.... Since I've gone to digital vs antenna for the local channels, it's like the old days of DirectvTV. My local channels actually go out during storms but not my DirecTV, go figure and my antenna worked better than my digital box.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsSoxCeltsNo1. Show PatsSoxCeltsNo1's posts

By sheer luck I checked out the Pats board yesterday and I actually had been scheduled to switch to Direct tv this morning and I used that code and got my 100 discount, thanks to whomever posted this!!!

Too many interesting teams and games to pass up watching this year, I was sick of not getting to see the games I wanted too. Cable is too much of a monopoly anyways, the prices are outrageous, I would rather treat myself to the sunday ticket and retreat to the mancave and enjoy myself rather then watch a boring Panthers-Texans FOX national game at 4:00!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TarheelChief. Show TarheelChief's posts

It's a great  selection on your part. They have  every game and offer far better coverage of games when you live outside an area of your favorite team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE]I have long wanted to get the NFL Sunday ticket but my old Condo did not allow it, I recently moved and finally switched to DirecTV and I cannot wait to get every game it should go well with my HDTV Does anyone here have the Sunday Ticket? Is it worth it? I had a code too and got $100 bucks off instantly the code is (22709976) so if anyone switches to DirecTv just use that when you sign up Im interested in keeping tabs on Vrabel and Cassel in KC and watching the Bills and TO implode on themselves! If anyone has had the Sunday Ticket for awhile let me know if you got the SuperFan package and if its worth the extra coin? $100 off CODE = 22709976 Cheers
    Posted by BleacherReport[/QUOTE] I believe the 22709976 to be your account #.
    It's only good if you resign. Yes, I have had Sunday ticket and to me it was worth the money. I just resigned.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsSoxCeltsNo1. Show PatsSoxCeltsNo1's posts

[QUOTE]It's a great  selection on your part. They have  every game and offer far better coverage of games when you live outside an area of your favorite team.
    Posted by TarheelChief[/QUOTE]

Your tellin me, my buddy used to have it and I practially lived there on Sundays, he moved so now I had to get it. Kind of pricey but with the $100 off it is well worth it. I will be watching the Broncos, Bears, Chiefs, and Colts closely this season

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mglmsrso. Show mglmsrso's posts

Hey thanks I already have an appt next Monday to switch I will let you know if the Code worked, I cannot wait to get the sunday ticket!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from socalpatsfan12. Show socalpatsfan12's posts

absolutely worth it.  I am in socal, so i have to get to see all the Pats games, but, even if i weren't, the Red Zone alone would be worth the price.  When the Pats arent playing it's easy to spend hours watching them bounce from game to game as teams get ready to score.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

I'd love to if someone would sneak up to my nieghbor's property at night and cut down all those big trees

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupportor. Show Gardensupportor's posts

Hey thanks for that Code, I didn't use it by my little brother just moved into his first apartment a coupld days ago and he got the dish and he told me to pass along thanks