Anyone hear anything on McCourty?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Anyone hear anything on McCourty?

I know its a rib injury, but did anyone see him on the sideline? Or actually come off the field hurt?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Anyone hear anything on McCourty?

Leaving the starters in late in a blowout game has nothing to do with what happened to McCourtey.  McCourtey was hurt either late in the 2nd or early in the 3rd quarter. 

I realize that fans like to second guess the coaching staff; it is a natural thing.  That said, I'll go with BB's decision making.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Exactly. Do you seriously want Julius Peppers teeing off on Brady when they're ahead by 29? 

In Response to Re: Anyone hear anything on McCourty?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone hear anything on McCourty? : Only after he had taken 2 4th quarter sacks.
    Posted by RahZid[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

What will the fans want next? Rest all the starters for the playoffs? It works real well in Indy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]I hope he'll be 100%. he might be next Darrelle Revis
    Posted by LutherHead04[/QUOTE]

Might be?  He's easily as good as Revis.  Revis looked nothing remotely close to this his rookie year.

He's the next Ty Law and reminiscent of Mike Haynes with the rangy body style and simply making it look easy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Leaving the starters in late in a blowout game has nothing to do with what happened to McCourtey.  McCourtey was hurt either late in the 2nd or early in the 3rd quarter.  I realize that fans like to second guess the coaching staff; it is a natural thing.  That said, I'll go with BB's decision making.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

My exact comment.  I could not believe all the 2nd guessing back when the Pats lost against the Browns. Now they're winning and yet us fans need to find something wrong with the coaching staff.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]Don't be a jerk. People are allowed to post their views on a message board. Faucet has a good point. Remember Welker last year? There's something to be said for resting players, while it's also important to keep players in rhythm. It's a balance. For all the 'play 60 minutes' rhetoric people have made up here, BB actually took Brady out on the last drive.  In Response to Re: Anyone hear anything on McCourty? :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000[/QUOTE]

Brady played 60 minutes of football in 45 minutes

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

That's how it's done.

If the last game is meaningless they certainly will rest players. I'm thinking the Cassel game vs Miami, the Flutie drop kick game, the San Fran game in '04 (i think). The won't and shouldn't go the Colts route obviously. But to say "I trust in Bill, you are stupid since Bill wanted to keep Brady in" is stupid itself since BB does historically rest players. Opposing teams have cheap shotted Brady already (Lamarr Woodley) and it's probably smart to have Brady completely healthy.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone hear anything on McCourty? : Brady played 60 minutes of football in 45 minutes
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Dec 13, 2010 - Cornerback Devin McCourtyleft Sunday's win over the Chicago Bears in the second quarter with what is being called a rib injury. He did not return. 

The good news is that after the game, he told theGlobe's Monique Walker that he was "alright," while telling the Herald's Karen Guregian he was "OK." The bad news is that the significance of the injury is not yet known. All Bill Belichick would say after the game was that the medical staff did not clear McCourty to play the second half.

"His injury, or anybody else's injury, is all the same. It's up to the medical department -- if they clear a player to play. If they don't, he doesn't," Belichick said.

McCourty made the tackle and forced fumble on a Johnny Knox reception early in the second quarter that allowed Gary Guyton to scoop up the loose ball and take it back for a score, making it 21-0 at the time.

McCourty, a rookie out of Rutgers, has quickly become the Patriots' top corner this season, and one of the defense's standout players. He leads the team with six interceptions (tied for second-most in the NFL) and is third with 67 tackles. 

StoryStream™ RSSYou can subscribe via RSS. StoryStream™ updates arrive live as news unfolds.

Comments

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Could be just a bruised rib and they kept him out of the 2nd half for precautionary reasons. At least this is what I hope.

It would be a significant loss if he stayed out for an extended period of time especially with Spikes missing as well. That would take our #2 and #3 leading tacklers out on defense.