Re: Anyone Notice?

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He's a plugger, no doubt. I just don't know why you enjoy bashing Vellano so much. Not every player has the same playing style or body type. Siliga is athletic and uses his weight well.

BB and the scouts should be applauded for picking that guy up along with a veteran like Sopoaga. Clearly, our beef down the middle is a lot better.

WHat's funny is, he was with Denver. With Vickerson down and now Miller, they'd probably love to have him back.  Denver's run D and pass D is weaker than it was last year, IMO.

Vellano and Jones were doing all they could and were impressive with that many reps trying to hold the fort down.

As for your Houston comment, they were holding badly. Sorry. Egregious holding like that is usually called, but that day, I don't think they were flagged once. The other issue is, we were playing a 3-4 with two DTs who have never played a DE 3-4 before.  Didn't work. 

I'm not bashing Vellano he just isn't very good.  I think BB likes him because he is technically sound but technique can't make up for a lack of size, strength, athleticism and overall talent.  

Siliga only had 16 snaps against Houston but was noticeably better than anyone we had, paired with Chris Jones we look OK.  He has since started against the Browns and now the Ravens, we're lucky to have found this guy, another Belichick free agent gem.

[/QUOTE]

I think Wozzy has generally been right about the tackles this year.  Siliga has turned out to be the best in terms of holding ground against tough offensive fronts.  Vellano has some quickness, but he's not big or strong enough to maintain position against a good push from the O line. 

[/QUOTE]

I think ANYONE would come away with that assessment. I had no idea who Siliga even was when he came here, so it's not like an assessment could be made by some UDFA from last year.

His body style alone fits better, obviously.

[/QUOTE]

Dude, what gives. Do you argue with everyone here?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

I think ANYONE would come away with that assessment. I had no idea who Siliga even was when he came here, so it's not like an assessment could be made by some UDFA from last year.

[/QUOTE]

So funny how Rusty gets offended every single time someone says another poster was right about something ha. Wozzy knows 10 times more about football than you do, Einstein.

Leave the discussion to the big boys and try to focus more on bashing other teams because of their uniforms. LOL

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill.Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh rusty..oh oh rust. You just don't get it, never will. You don't get near dead last in a category by accident...yes occasionally the unit will have a good game (against an injured runner, poor offense and bad line) but those aren't the norm. What is the norm is what statistically is shown, sorry, but its the truth...something you don't like:(

Remember our pass defense over the majority of the last five years? Ranked near the bottom...and it was for a reason. Now maybe they had a good game against so and so once in a while, but the sad fact remained they weren't very good. It's why we sent a pick to Tampa for Talib. It's why we gave him 5 million despite his history. It's why we drafted a guy that punched a cop in the face. It's why we went out and drafted Ryan and his buddy. And it's why the defensive line will be rebuilt this off season...because they aren't very good. It's sad, but true.

See I wish you were right, I really do, because if you were we could of traded Brady, started Mallett and won a few more Super Bowls with our underrated D, but unfortunately you are wrong, have been wrong and will continue to make a fool out of yourself and pats fans in general. It's sad.

[/QUOTE]

What's sad is you actually think you countered my post. Ya didn't. No rushers vs our D in most of our recent games did anything running the ball.

Non factor.

Fact.

Giants D "ranked 27th" overall.  Ours is ranked higher than that after last night.   At best, NFL stastical rankings are a reference and nothing more.

We're isolating a team's run game and then pouncing, dictating the gameplan defensively.

The only problem has been our crap offense and slow starts, but they finally got it together last night.

[/QUOTE]

Know something? I hope/wish you are right. And I've done that for years, but the problem is you're wrong, just because you don't realize or admit that, doesn't make it true. If you were right, we would of won a Super Bowl once in the last 8, or whatever years its been.

[/QUOTE]

I am not wrong at all. Prior to the 2011 playoffs I was more worried about Brady. Spikes picked FLacco and zone and Brady turns around tosses an INT on the very next play.

I was right. I am usually right because I am not some homer like you with a Brady pajamas on.

Brady was AWFUL in that game with 0 TDs and 2 INTs. BJGE 8 carries 50 yards by halftime by Brady and Woodhead started to slowly be exposed in the finesse spread base.

Our D clearly played closer to their 2011 ceiling than the offense did to theirs.

Yards allowed rankings, especially in the air, in this era, are about as useful a stat as titts on a bull.

Points allowed and turnovers are where the money is made.  I wish our D could have had 1 fumble bounce into a Patriot's arms in SB 46, but it didn't. That has nothing to do with Brady's gaffes on his own, though.  

Last year. we had Talib and Jones unable to go.  This isn't a talent issue, this is a bad luck issue.

You act like we have such awful talent and then Brady tosses 2 INTs in the AFC title game and you act like that dind't matter. Or, leading us to only 13 points. It's terrible. 13 points for the whole game at home???  How is that even defenisble? THat would mean our D would have needed to hold to to 4 FGS. LMAO

Call what it is, and you want look like such a phony around here.

[/QUOTE]

That "horrible game" you speak of was against the number one defense against the pass in the entire NFL. The number one PASS defense. Did you watch them the week before? The quarterback they faced could barely complete a pass against them. That's what great defense's do when they are built right (you can thank Ozzie Newsome for that). And have you ever watched playoff football? You will see more pass interference plays NOT called than at any time. Once Gronk went down the sleading was very tough and Hernandez was playing with the concussion from the week before. Brady had two guys to throw to...Welker and Edelman. It's why we were going bombs away to Slater - because there were no other options. Shutting down Welker and Edelman at that point was easy for that defense to do. You forget the defense gave up a sure touchdown in the endzone that was flat out dropped and then they missed a chip shot field goal for the game. People were giving the ghost of Miara Kraft credit for that win, not our defense.

You'll never learn. How many lessons do people need to teach you before you understand?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So funny how Rusty gets offended every single time someone says another poster was right about something ha. Wozzy knows 10 times more about football than you do, Einstein.

Leave the discussion to the big boys and try to focus more on bashing other teams because of their uniforms. LOL

[/QUOTE]

Sounds great, Bustchise.

Wozzy and I know 100X more football than you. How does that grab ya?

bawhaha

[/QUOTE]

Stiiiillll sucking up huh? Give it a rest, you look dorky doing it

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill.Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[/QUOTE]

Come on now wozzy, that hurts man. lol

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Sounds great, Bustchise.

Butchsie tells us how much football I know but doesn't believe me when I tell him the Jests are the joke of the NFL.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sounds great, Bustchise.

[/QUOTE]

Butchsie tells us how much football I know but doesn't believe me when I tell him the Jests are the joke of the NFL.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, you've been brainwashed by this idiot to think I'm bustchise too? Did you see the thread on Friday where I posted a pic of my Pats jerseys with a note to captain dips**t? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

They were 28th against the run going into last nights game. After last night they are currently ranked 12th.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

The usual suspects.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They were 28th against the run going into last nights game. After last night they are currently ranked 12th.

[/QUOTE]

You sure it's 12th? Did you mean 22nd? That seems like a high jump for 1 week.

[/QUOTE]

Scratch that, I clicked on rushing and it sent me to offense, give me a few I'll figure it out.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You sure it's 12th? Did you mean 22nd? That seems like a high jump for 1 week.

[/QUOTE]

Scratch that, I clicked on rushing and it sent me to offense, give me a few I'll figure it out.

[/QUOTE]

I think they are 30th. Rice had 11 carries and 40 yards and we dropped 2 spots?  Odd.

This kind of what I mean. The rankings for these yards don't really paint the whole picture.

Tied for 9th in points per game which is all I care about really.

[/QUOTE]

They are. I was on NFL.com and when I clicked on rushing yards allowed or avg rushing yds allowed it was kicking me over to offense.

ESPN has them ranked 30 in both. Not sure how they fell back two.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/rushingYards/position/defense