Anyone think we'll make a trade? Ideas?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

Re: Anyone think we'll make a trade? Ideas?

In Response to Re: Anyone think we'll make a trade? Ideas?:
    [QUOTE]Here's one: Now that Branch is back for one more year with the screws really being put to Welker, let's drop Welker out to Chicago and trade for the disgruntled Forte if they don't want to invest in him.  This offense would be unstoppable, even in the playoffs.  Forte sounds ticked off that the Bears just foolishly paid for an overweight power back, as he he should be. I don't want to trade Welker, but if he's going to pull a Mankins, I am not interested.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

Interesting and true our O would be pretty tight...  I think that the pats won't go after a RB of Fortes caliber.  They have 2 pretty draft pics in Ver and Rid, I would think they would bring in a mentor/insurance type that is expected to lose his job to one of the 2 above with a full training camp and season under their belt, but good enough to play (average) if they need more time to develop. 

Well see, I guess its gonna be about how they view Rid and Vern, if they go your route or one similiar we'll know how they feel about them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]I just think they're trying to lock up Carter in a deal...either that or Kraft is trying to prove that you can shed 7 million off the cap with a swipe of the pen...and keep us out of "salary cap hell".
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Are you this dumb still with this? Brady had to restructure because they are getting to the limit.

The issue is, MOST NFL players don't want to restructure. This is a rarity.  Demeco Ryans was just traded for a mid rd pick because Houston can't keep him.

You have this amazing gift to get dumber everyday on these concepts.  Detroit will be cutting a key player or two after that Calvin Johnson contract.  Just watch, Einstein.

Ugh. THe ignorance from you is amazing. You have the market cornered on it with Babe Parilli, Prolate and others.   Read a book. It won't hurt you. lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

No trades unless our free agents won't reasonably extend, sign our own guys and draft picks.  Sign cast offs from other team's after the draft and after camp cuts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Anyone think we'll make a trade? Ideas?": [QUOTE]So to satisfy everyones desires so far: pick 27, 48, Hoyer, and our '13 #1 pick to the Browns for pick #4 for Trent Richardson (dominant running game for years) pick 31 for Webb (signed 5 years 35-40 million) pick 95 for Freeny (restructures at 3 years 21 million) Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE] Make it so.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Right, but if Light retires, that's another 8 million opened up.  They have to address RB now. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

The only rb that is going to be brought in is a cheap veteran by did not invest high picks in Ridley and careen for nothing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Oh my god! So if Light retires and they cut Ocho...plus the Brady restructure...we will save roughly 14-18 million on this year's cap? Amazing! Now the funny thing about all this is the Brady thing won't affect the team right now one single bit and the Ocho thing (mistake) will essentially be addition by subtraction...this is wonderful!

It's too bad with the "salary cap hell" most teams are in right now, they can't keep their key players. Take Detroit for instance - yeah they managed to resign Megatron, but two years from now they may have to cut a under performing backup guard and then replace him with a younger better guard in the fifth round. It's a very funny puzzler.

Rusty write to the commissioner...please for the sake of the NFL. 
    The Horror!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone think we'll make a trade? Ideas? : I think we could pull off all 3 and stay under the cap ( Light retire or other cap move ). We would lose all of our 4 top picks ( I think Freeney would be had for less than a 2nd though ) I would pull the trigger for T.Rich and Webb, not Dwight. I would draft Dwight's position in 2nd round. I would not give up next years 1st in the trade for T.Rich. I think if we give up Mallet it would be more coveted by Clev. and require less compensation in picks.  I doubt without him they would have interest in a deal with us as they could take Hoyer now for a 2nd if they so desired.
    Posted by Asher77[/QUOTE]

so what do you value more? Mallett and a '13 1st or Hoyer and a '13 2nd?

I keep Mallett

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Oh my god! So if Light retires and they cut Ocho...plus the Brady restructure...we will save roughly 14-18 million on this year's cap? Amazing! Now the funny thing about all this is the Brady thing won't affect the team right now one single bit and the Ocho thing (mistake) will essentially be addition by subtraction...this is wonderful! It's too bad with the "salary cap hell" most teams are in right now, they can't keep their key players. Take Detroit for instance - yeah they managed to resign Megatron, but two years from now they may have to cut a under performing backup guard and then replace him with a younger better guard in the fifth round. It's a very funny puzzler. Rusty write to the commissioner...please for the sake of the NFL.  The Horror!!
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

glad you don't respond when bass wants to sling mud from the sandbox, he can occasionally offer solid input and is awesome at rooting out the jets/giants trolls, but the anger he holds inside that needs therapy and his desperate desire to insult anyone who differs in opinion from him is pathetic

I too am pleased we have so much cap space. But we are hese players away from being a scary SCARY team:

1. DE/OLB 9-13 sack guy
    2. 1,100-1,400 yard rusher
    3. Impact secondary player (S or CB)
    4. 3-4 DE/DT who will hold edge, get 5-7 sacks
    5. speedy ILB to spell Spikes, play a lot in a 4-3

If we have 12-18 million in cap space and 4 picks in the top 63 you'd think all those areas could be covered

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Sign:

- Tracy Porter
    - Matt Roth

Trade:

- pick 31 and Woodhead for Forte
    - pick 48 and Hoyer to Browns for pick 36 and 68
    - pick 95 for Freeney (restructures 3/21)
    - Edelman for a pick in the 105-115 range
    - '13 3rd, 4th and 5th for '12 late 3rd or early 4th (125-135 range)

Draft:

- pick 27 Barron S
    - pick 36 Reyes DE/DT
    - pick 63 Lavonte David ILB
    - pick 68 Joe Adams WR/KR
    - pick 110 Philip Blake C/OG
    - pick 130 Ryan Broyles WR (PUP/IR takes over for Branch '13)
    - pick 160 Nate Potter OG/OT

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Sign: - Tracy Porter - Matt Roth Trade: - pick 31 and Woodhead for Forte - pick 48 and Hoyer to Browns for pick 36 and 68 - pick 95 for Freeney (restructures 3/21) - Edelman for a pick in the 105-115 range - '13 3rd, 4th and 5th for '12 late 3rd or early 4th (125-135 range) Draft: - pick 27 Barron S - pick 36 Reyes DE/DT - pick 63 Lavonte David ILB - pick 68 Joe Adams WR/KR - pick 110 Philip Blake C/OG - pick 130 Ryan Broyles WR (PUP/IR takes over for Branch '13) - pick 160 Nate Potter OG/OT
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

It was strange at first, because I believe that Most Patriot Fans have a television which they use to watch Patriot Games...  But even NOW, the continual negative black-marks by the same some, About Brandon Spikes- becomes just a REALLY odd take on is play (or lack thereof according to a select few).  Look, I know he ran a slow 40 on a straight track field in shorts and a t-shirt...but man-?  Even Now?!?  

Sheezus, the guy's a middle linebacker who's body and size is more accurately and often placed in that Strongside Middle Linebacker role.  I simply don't GET it?!?  The guy ISN'T slow...he's shown himself to be always 1 step instinctual ahead of everyone else's recognition of the initial play, play direction, and play development.  The guy's job is usually THE sh#ttiest job, in terms of his actual and most often standard, occupational duties:  Sniff the play out, and cause significant disruption in play direction & development by accurately recognizing where the play's most likely headed before any other defender, by being a half-step ahead in order to smash face first through 1-2 6'6+ 320lb Offensive Linemen, and maybe a fullback (if just 1 O-Lineman to go through...buuut maybe at times all 3, 2 O-linemen AND a fullback), then IF ya can, try to get an arm on the guy holding the football too.  But if ya can't, and can only do the foretelling of the future before the running car accident into 2 guys bigger than you (or 1 guy bigger than you, and 1 guy your same size/Or 2 guys bigger than you, but just then afterwords through 1 guy your size, still)- Ehh, don't worry...Because someone else will then have a perfectly clean shot to get the stat and the subsequent airline ticket to Honolulu.  Sound good?

And I know he was used THIS year, less-so in that 3-4 SILB...yet still, I continually see the guy blow through people and cause serious disruptions in the play direction...  Ehh, well- Maybe his recent postseason stats in the 3 playoff games, finally expose this middle linebacker to be the weak defensive-link that he is (I know at U of F they didn't in terms of his MLB pass defense, wherein he returned 4 seperate INTs for 4 seperate Touchdowns...but maybe they'll show up here and now).

The Last 3 Games at MLB for NE:

26 TTs (didn't the heralded godsend, Mark Anderson have 28 or 29 TTS the entire year, without missing several games like Spikes did- afforded by his crippling duties at his spot?)
    1 Sack
    1 Interception
    (for a "snail-like-crawl" of 19 yards returned)
    2 Passes defensed
    1 Forced Fumble

...3 Games.  Can we begin to maybe slightly lay off the guy, or...?  I'm sure there was maybe at least 1 more Pats Player (only in his 2nd season) who didn't perform as well as Spikes did, right?  There HAD to be-  maybe not though, idk...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz. Show jdcfreshkickz's posts

My only idea would be someone like Jared Allen or someone of his caliber and cost, that the Pats could afford and trade for from a team not going to the playoffs and dumping salary for the future picks imho......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I think BB does the unthinkable and trades Welker on draft day for a 1st or 2  seconds.   In Response to Anyone think we'll make a trade? Ideas?:
    [QUOTE]Apparently Brady just saved us 7 million more in cap space, other cuts of backups can easily get that figure over 10, Wes and Light long-terms/restructuring can get us to 20 under We've talked about Jonathan Stewart, to me he is worth a 3rd rd pick with a conditional pick in '13 depending on if we extend him (2nd) franchise him (3rd) or let him walk (4th). Stewart only makes 1.3 million though. How about Dwight Freeney? If we had 14 million is space (his contract) and it was for pick 48 and an instant restructure I'd say yes. Get him for around the same yearly amount Wimbley/Anderson got (6-7 million) only over 3 years instead of 4-5 since he is 32.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Critter23. Show Critter23's posts

Hey Bass,  it's not "He doesn't like someone smarter than him."  It's
    "He doesn't like someone smarter than HE  (is smart).  Be humble my friend.  There is always someone smarter, and each of us is smart in his own way.  Your invective lessens your message and you have good ideas.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I think BB does the unthinkable and trades Welker on draft day for a 1st or 2  seconds.   In Response to Anyone think we'll make a trade? Ideas? :
    Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE]

i have been thinking about that for some months

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone think we'll make a trade? Ideas? : Porter just signed with Denver http://sports.yahoo.com/news/broncos-bring-free-agent-wr-160043186--nfl.html
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

rats

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone think we'll make a trade? Ideas? : It's patheitc that I defend myself against an arrogant person lik Do you know how dumb that sounds? Did you ever hear the phrase, we mock what we don't understand? Mt Hurl is insecure. He doesn't like soemone smarter than him, who has done their homework, knows a lot more than him, to show him up here.  Ge's the one who is pathetic.  A normal adult would just say :interesting point" or something like that. Not him, though. He goes the 12 year old tool in the schoolyard routine who picks on pieple, but no one really likes him. Dork, essentially. He's insecure, so he mocks.  He mocks me for as teams are trading players they'd like to keep over the cap, etc LOL! How does that make sense?  According to him there is no salary cap and the reason it exists is some irrelevant myth. He believes in the Easter Bunny, too. He's still confused as to why Brady restructured too. That's how intelligent Mt. Hurl is. He can't connect the dots that Brady makes 12 million more per year now and the cap is the same as it was in 2009, pre-lockout. lmao THis is simple stuff here, but not for Mt. Hurl. I bet he's a trashman or something, so I sort of feel sorry for someone this stupid. All the poorly run teams have cap issues or some teams are in a trouble spot at a crossroads with the cap right now, yet him mocking me for acknowledging that as a problem makes me "pathetic"?  How does that make sense?  Me defending very accurate assessments is not pathetic whatsoever. It means I am consistent and right a whole heck of a lot more than being wrong.  Mt. Hurl is basically Felger. Felger had on Jontahan Kraft earlier this year and was basically mocking Kraft for the same thing. He is always saying that referencing the Jets. The Jets!  I mean, who on earth would reference the leadership and decision making of the Jets as their source to back their premise?? lmao Kraft was cut off, not allowed to speak, but did warn of some teams not doing it how NE was doing it. Guess what? 2 weeks later the Jets implosion began and here we are.  Mt. Hurl mocking me on this topic is like me mocking a Calculus teacher in high school. He's wrong.  So, instead of coming clean, he mocks.  Childish, immature and reeks of insecurity. I kept telling him and his minions here that BB was setting this up slowly due to the lockout and letting the other teams make the mistakes. I said it in 2009 and 2010.  We lose a SB due to Tom Brady's poor 4th qtr and he still can't admit that our failure to win it all this year had a LOT more to do with that fact, than it did any draft pick that didn't morph into a superstar player overnight here. Every single thing I warned about was correct. 
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

This kind of 'he said, she said' trash really makes me question peoples maturity. The 9 year old calling someone else a 12 year old. It's drivel that bogs down the board. Nobody is going to 'agree' with you or think you are right and _____ is wrong when you sound so small and petty.

It's a football board, please refrain from these waste of time ventures where you just manage to get people like myself, who often agree with your ideas and thoughts on the team/sport, disliking you as a person b/c you can't help but be childish and confrontational.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]My only idea would be someone like Jared Allen or someone of his caliber and cost, that the Pats could afford and trade for from a team not going to the playoffs and dumping salary for the future picks imho......
    Posted by jdcfreshkickz[/QUOTE]

Allen would be awesome, a slight step up in talent (and money as well) from my Freeney desire

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Who is "we" and "us"....Do you work of play for the Patriots? God I cant stand it when people do this.....be the biggest fan in the world, but dont say you are part of this team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Who is "we" and "us"....Do you work of play for the Patriots? God I cant stand it when people do this.....be the biggest fan in the world, but dont say you are part of this team.
    Posted by slicksteve38[/QUOTE]

Then don't come here

Fans relate to their team as 'we' and 'us'

Every now and then some uppity person like yourself comes on and tries to talk down to sports fans like this is a 'new' phenomenom that hasn't been happening for a hundred years and isn't just a part of sports culture

get over yourself

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Not talking down to anyone...but you really dont play for them or work for them. I am as big of a Pats fan as anyone, just feel like I am in middle school with the "us and we".  Not a big deal, just an observation. I am well over myself ;) My apologies rame...it wasnt really a direct insult to you, as it seems you clearly know football well, its more a pet peave of mine...one I should probably get over.

Now, as far as trade ideas....i'm actually not that big on Freeney...dont think he is a great fit for this D.  Jared Allen would be great but thats kind of a dream.
    I for one have been dreaming of the Pats getting another RB like the year and a half they got out of Corey Dillon.  In the playoffs Brady was so much more effective when they had a rushing attack. it made the play action so effective that Brady got away with mediocre talent at receiver.  People respected the threat of a run play on almost every down. Now, they almost clap ont he sidelines when BJE ran the ball. I know I sound crusty and old...but POUND the ball to win championships..not only does it tire the opposing D out...but it eats clock and helps limit the exposure of your own weak D.
    I liked the idea someone mentioned with Forte...it just seems like the Bears have been yanking this guys chain for years now. I would also LOVE to see them move up in the draft to get Richardson...it would be nice to see the Patriots do something with their good picks for once, instead of trading them for future picks. I know, the Pats system works, they win...but I want to see young talent NOW....lol
    Now whoever this Bass fisher dude is......whats with the attack on someones ideas?? Did your sister not put out last night or something?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STEPHEN JACKSON

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Not talking down to anyone...but you really dont play for them or work for them. I am as big of a Pats fan as anyone, just feel like I am in middle school with the "us and we".  Not a big deal, just an observation. I am well over myself ;) My apologies rame...it wasnt really a direct insult to you, as it seems you clearly know football well, its more a pet peave of mine...one I should probably get over. Now, as far as trade ideas....i'm actually not that big on Freeney...dont think he is a great fit for this D.  Jared Allen would be great but thats kind of a dream. I for one have been dreaming of the Pats getting another RB like the year and a half they got out of Corey Dillon.  In the playoffs Brady was so much more effective when they had a rushing attack. it made the play action so effective that Brady got away with mediocre talent at receiver.  People respected the threat of a run play on almost every down. Now, they almost clap ont he sidelines when BJE ran the ball. I know I sound crusty and old...but POUND the ball to win championships..not only does it tire the opposing D out...but it eats clock and helps limit the exposure of your own weak D. I liked the idea someone mentioned with Forte...it just seems like the Bears have been yanking this guys chain for years now. I would also LOVE to see them move up in the draft to get Richardson...it would be nice to see the Patriots do something with their good picks for once, instead of trading them for future picks. I know, the Pats system works, they win...but I want to see young talent NOW....lol Now whoever this Bass fisher dude is......whats with the attack on someones ideas?? Did your sister not put out last night or something?
    Posted by slicksteve38[/QUOTE]

Yes Bass is clearly too concerned with fighting others, beating a dead horse when it comes to his polarizing opinions and generally acting childish. Seems like a 'can't see the forest b/c of all the trees' kinda guy. I wish he'd just stick to the sport.

And yes, ur issue is more of a pet peeve one and I take no offense to anyone who considers it like annoying frat boy talk and/or kinda ignorant sounding. but its such an ingrained part of sports that you should just get over it and not call people out on it.

Right there with you on getting some top young talent and at least 1 more serious impact vet onto this team before next season. Good depth moves for sure, Fanene/Scott probably replace Anderson/Ellis impact and Gregory replaces Sanders (who was never replaced last season), but the D is not that much better yet and I am concerned.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

What about a guy like Chris Long or Dumervil? They are like poor mens' Allen.