Anyone Wondering?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Re: Anyone Wondering?

I will bet Jones did the exact same thing on the other FGS by the jets as well - funny how it suddenly becomes a penalty on a MISSED FG with the game on the line.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Rules are stupid.  The NFL should do away with rules.  And also refs.  No rules = no refs needed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I will bet Jones did the exact same thing on the other FGS by the jets as well - funny how it suddenly becomes a penalty on a MISSED FG with the game on the line.....

[/QUOTE]

Well, that is what I am saying. It's probably something BB teaches or they instruct and have instructed for years.

Again the rule is about being directly behind the lineman and driving him forward. We all know what that looks like. That is not remotely what Jones did.  I am not even sure he even does any pushing at all, for that matter.    If you're stunting as a DL, that's exactly how it would look.

What's is Jones supposed to say? "BB teaches us to stun on PATs and FGs like that"?  The fact is, that's not a penalty because over 6 weeks stunting where you ride your fellow DT like that, wiating to sidestep to try to squeeze through.

Jones was cut by two teams as a 6th rd pick and is playig his balls off. What's he supposed to say "the refs are morons and we got hosed in OT"?

These idiots keep saying "Jones admitted it". Umm, unless you are a moron, what else is he supposed to say as a rookie and a guy on his 3rd team? He knows BB doesn't want excuses or engaging with the media, but I can guarantee you BB pulled him aside and told him it was ridiculous and not his fault.

It's outrageous that was called.

I am going go back and watch some earlier games from this year and see if I can see Jones doing the same thing.

Every time BB is creative with coaching or whatever, teams try to make it seem like BB is doing something against the rule. This has been going on for over a decade and today we lost because of it.

[/QUOTE]

The Patriots will spend some time going over the NFL rule book this week in practice.

New England gave the New York Jets a second chance for an overtime win when Patriots rookie defensive tackle Chris Jones committed a penalty on a 56-yard field goal attempt that Jets kicker Nick Folk missed.

The penalty was for unsportsmanlike conduct, and gave the Jets a first down. What was the unsportsmanlike conduct? Jones had pushed his teammate in the back during Folk’s field goal attempt, a maneuver that became illegal this offseason.

10389235695_afb8d19ae6_o

Shame on BB!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, that is what I am saying. It's probably something BB teaches or they instruct and have instructed for years.

Again the rule is about being directly behind the lineman and driving him forward. We all know what that looks like. That is not remotely what Jones did.  I am not even sure he even does any pushing at all, for that matter.    If you're stunting as a DL, that's exactly how it would look.

What's is Jones supposed to say? "BB teaches us to stun on PATs and FGs like that"?  The fact is, that's not a penalty because over 6 weeks stunting where you ride your fellow DT like that, wiating to sidestep to try to squeeze through.

Jones was cut by two teams as a 6th rd pick and is playig his balls off. What's he supposed to say "the refs are morons and we got hosed in OT"?

These idiots keep saying "Jones admitted it". Umm, unless you are a moron, what else is he supposed to say as a rookie and a guy on his 3rd team? He knows BB doesn't want excuses or engaging with the media, but I can guarantee you BB pulled him aside and told him it was ridiculous and not his fault.

It's outrageous that was called.

I am going go back and watch some earlier games from this year and see if I can see Jones doing the same thing.

Every time BB is creative with coaching or whatever, teams try to make it seem like BB is doing something against the rule. This has been going on for over a decade and today we lost because of it.

[/QUOTE]

The Patriots will spend some time going over the NFL rule book this week in practice.

New England gave the New York Jets a second chance for an overtime win when Patriots rookie defensive tackle Chris Jones committed a penalty on a 56-yard field goal attempt that Jets kicker Nick Folk missed.

The penalty was for unsportsmanlike conduct, and gave the Jets a first down. What was the unsportsmanlike conduct? Jones had pushed his teammate in the back during Folk’s field goal attempt, a maneuver that became illegal this offseason.

10389235695_afb8d19ae6_o

Shame on BB!

[/QUOTE]

What

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I don't know if its a bag job or conspiracy against the Pats. It has to make you wonder however. A rather obtuse rule, never enforced, except on a game winning/losing field goal in overtime that with a favorable outcome for the jets, changes the AFC east for all. 

I call Russ crazy from time to time on the conspiracy issue, but this has me questioning the nfl higher ups like never before. A close AFC east is good for goodell and the nfl, the pats running away with it is not. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

How does this call make more points scored?  Isn't the entire premise of the NFL enforcing a rule that if the Jets did not score a FG  that automatically means the the Pats would have won the game by scoring at least a FG?