Apologies to Ron Borges

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Re: Apologies to Ron Borges

Anybody giving Borges anything other than disdain for anything, cannot be a sports fan let alone a fan of the Pats. The guy is a plagarist with a well known vendetta against the Pats. Case in point saying Cunningham's size was due to PEDs. Wrong again Borges! Now if he said Cunninghams ability to stay focused and not make stupid mental mistakes was due to PEDs, he would have been right! But sadly, he wasn't.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let me think, I can take testosterone/aderral/HGH/designer steroid x and make myself, bigger, stronger, healthier and better able to: (a) make the roster, (b) withstand the rigors of an NFL season and (c) increase my chances at making significantly more money for my family, and way more likely than not, never get caught and if on the off chance I do, get off with a minimal suspension as a first time user, hmmm, tough call.

If anybody thinks that the vast majority of players in the NFL (and MLB, NHL, NBA, etc.) aren't using something, you are fooling yourselves.  Guys like Cunningham and Talib and Bolden were just careless enough or unlucky enough to get caught.  Just look at these guys, do you think you can achieve that sort of mass with whey protein shakes? Get real.

I maintain that the NFL should embrace this stuff and make it as safe as possible. There's clearly a benefit to using it, it makes them better football players. Don't we want better football players?  I think team doctors should be prescribing the stuff and making sure it's taken properly.  Same with baseball and other sports. What's wrong with it?

[/QUOTE]

Have to agree with this.  The use of PED's will continue unless the League and Union agree to go to a more stringent testing policy.

Otherwise there are always players that will feel it's worth the risk.

If I were a player and tore my knee up,  I would be willing to take almost anything to heal faster and come back even stronger.

If I were a fringe player on the team and needed to add more muscle or speed or whatever I would probably take the risk of using something that would help me accomplish that.

Nothing new here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anybody giving Borges anything other than disdain for anything, cannot be a sports fan let alone a fan of the Pats. The guy is a plagarist with a well known vendetta against the Pats. Case in point saying Cunningham's size was due to PEDs. Wrong again Borges! Now if he said Cunninghams ability to stay focused and not make stupid mental mistakes was due to PEDs, he would have been right! But sadly, he wasn't.

[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^  Tex exposed yet again.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

1500 posts in exactly one month ... a new record in how to spam a message board 

• Neal Page
    • First: 10/28/2012
    • Last: 11/28/2012

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hoan about giving me some credit.  I accused Borges of being a plagarist and I was right.

[/QUOTE]

I reported him back in 2008 and the next day he was fired. Still proud of that one.

[/QUOTE]

Thousands of people reported him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Borges is a world class doosherama. No apologies needed. He recently lied about having dinner with Drew Bledsoe, what would be the harm in admitting that? Dude is a flat out liar. The guy has a huge axe to grind and has forgotten how to do actual reporting (plus many sources just won't talk to him). He was right on Cunningham but it was an informed guess like any of us armchair dudes can do. 

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/2012/11/ron-borges-caught-in-another-lie-mazz-making-stuff-up-and-peter-kings-laughable-rationalization?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Borges is a world class doosherama. No apologies needed. He recently lied about having dinner with Drew Bledsoe, what would be the harm in admitting that? Dude is a flat out liar. The guy has a huge axe to grind and has forgotten how to do actual reporting (plus many sources just won't talk to him). He was right on Cunningham but it was an informed guess like any of us armchair dudes can do. http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/2012/11/ron-borges-caught-in-another-lie-mazz-making-stuff-up-and-peter-kings-laughable-rationalization?

Thanks for the link. Everyone should read this. Good stuff.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Ron Borgers is one of the few people on this earth that I truly dislike.

You won't catch me apologizing to Borges.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Never read a word Borges wrote. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's the part that is a bit troubling.  I love BB as much as any Pats fan, but BB could see what we all saw.  JC came to camp huge.  The likelihood was that JC cheated in some way.  BB went out of his way to compliment JC's offseason work ethic.   When one of the most respected coaches in the NFL can have "plausible deniability" it shows how far the NFL will have to go to clean up its act.

[/QUOTE]

Isn't it possible that Cunningham was both working hard, and using PEDs? How is one to know which is responsible for his apparent increase in size and strength?

[/QUOTE]

PED's alone will not give you the cut/chiseled look, nor make you run .5 seconds faster in the 100. You MUST work out, just like those weight loss pills (read the disclaimers.... they supplement and work better with regular exercise). They won't make you hit a curve ball 500 feet, or go from 1st to 3rd on a groundout to 2nd base.

Bottom line is that this PED's/banned substance stuff is NOT new in the NFL. CUnningham is an alleged intelligent pro athlete. Excuses are not, and shiuld never be allowed. They know from day #1 of training camp what they need to do to best protect themselves from ingesting PED's and other illegal substances.  Yet, here we see him and two Seahawk CB's in the Suspension Soup because of either their complete and total disdain for their own health and the success of the team, or  they fell they are above all reproach for doing it. Sort of like today's society: 1) It's either NOT their fault  or  2) "it's not as if I went out and killed someone" type excuse. Plaqyers, even through the NFLPA can't determine on their own what is/isn't or should/shouldn't be a legal substance. They negotiated that away in their CBA. There is a protocol in the NFL for players to "scrub" ANY ingested drug/supplement by their team's trainig staff to check the legallity of using it.  Yet, apparently, these mental midgets decided that their faux college educations qualified them for pharmacutical PHd's, and knew more than the NFL. We all know they aren't the first, and will most assuredly not be the last.

If knowing the possibility of unpaid suspensions isn't sufficient enough, they need to take a good, long, hard, and close look at what happened to Merriman when he had to play "clean". I'll bet he was tested coming and going from his unscheduled "test"! IS it worth it? They apparently think it is.

Maybe longer suspensions is the answer? 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Drugs that need a perscription must be cleared through the NFL offices. Esach team knows that and tells its players. They also tell the players that they need to clear supplements through them to. Why? Because it's a micro-nanny state? No. It's because they don't want their players to run afoul of the RULES. The drug policy is there to serve two purposes: 1) to keep players HEALTHY while they play the sport (anyone saying that abusive drug use is NOT a health danger hasn't got a clue)  2) to show the country, especially youth, that this drug use is and can have serious repurcussions.  It's all about image. Tell me you treat your boss's directives with disdain and do what you want, in violation of your employee rule book (they used to be called "Hand books"). You'd be crazy if yoiu did. But, if you did, it'd be your choice, same as what Cunningham and teh Seahawk players did. They obviously knew better.

Where do you draw the line on what illegal substance players can take? Look at the concussion issue.  Players with half a brain (no pun intended) know that each and every time they suit up, even for practices, they run the risk of injury, including violent hits to the head, or head to ground contact/jolt. Have they stopped playing? Has equipment improved dramatically over the past, say, 50+ years? Yet, players have gotten bigger, faster, and stronger. But, to listen to the players, the NFL hasn't done enough to stop or seriously control the concussion from taking place. Hmmmm... let's see..... I can't ever recall anyine from teh NFL offices, or a team official running down the field and slamming a QB into the turf, or nailing a WR as he's laying out to atch a ball thrown his way. The players are doing it to themselves. FUGHEDABOUT "coaches coaching them". They all want to make the Alphabet Network highlights, especially the "You Got Jacked!" segmnents.

If players back off the hits, the game will not suffer. Fans will still buy the tickets (well, at least corporate America will), we'll still see it on TV, and buy all that winning team paraphanalia. We'll still see those exciting 45-10 home team wins, as well as those thrilling out of market 16-13 'Boys wins over an overmanned Browns team. We'll still go and watch. Abd bich, whine, moan, and groan abiut what we see. But, we're all back here Moinday mornings.  

Look at it this way...... what Patriot fan wouldn't want to see Brady for an extra two seasons? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In 1970 one NFL player weighed 300 pounds... when 2010 training camp started 532 players exceeded it.  I guess it's all the weight gain shakes...

Obviously I was using hyperbole when saying 100% of the players were using, but you'd be foolish to think many aren't.  

I had no intention of defending Cunningham Tex, like a homer or whatever, I was making a point unrelated to his incident whatsoever so take your attitude and shove it so far up your azz it shines out your mouth.  

A guy can't say anything on this board anymore without taking sides.  

I'm not here to argue with any of you, I'm here to talk football, just because we've disagreed in the past doesn't mean you have to disagree when I state the sky is blue.

This place can be dumber and more obsitinate than a big bag of di1dos... 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In 1970 one NFL player weighed 300 pounds... when 2010 training camp started 532 players exceeded it.  I guess it's all the weight gain shakes...

RESPONSE: Again, what the hell does what happened in the 70s have to do with anything?

Obviously I was using hyperbole when saying 100% of the players were using, but you'd be foolish to think many aren't.

RESPONSE: Obviously?? If you didn't mean all, why didn't you qualify your statement?   

I had no intention of defending Cunningham Tex, like a homer or whatever, I was making a point unrelated to his incident whatsoever so take your attitude and shove it so far up your azz it shines out your mouth.

RESPONSE: Methinks doth protest too much...LOL!!! Hey Wooz, did I strike a nerve? How are things in the Ostrich Society, these days?   

A guy can't say anything on this board anymore without taking sides.

RESPONSE: Oh...so sorry...LOL!!!   

I'm not here to argue with any of you, I'm here to talk football, just because we've disagreed in the past doesn't mean you have to disagree when I state the sky is blue.

RESPONSE: Stop making silly blanket statements and passing them off as gospel, when he have no facts to back them up.

This place can be dumber and more obsitinate than a big bag of di1dos...

RESPONSE: How do you know this, Wooz? Have you had experience dealing with such a bag?? LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I talk to you too often, so yes I'm very experienced in these matters.