Apologies to the University of Arkansas Football Team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Apologies to the University of Arkansas Football Team

If anyone besides myself is watching this game, they are getting hosed big-time by the zebras...in their game against #1 University of Florida.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Re: Apologies to the University of Arkansas Football Team

Just saw those two calls.  I agree.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

The biggest bummer is not being able to watch Tim Tebow get on the podium and cry again after the game like he did when they lost last year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

If anyone has the boxscore let me know; I can easily see the Razorbacks having over 100yrds in penalties called aginast them. Bad playcalling on 2nd last series by ARK's OC could easily had cost them the game....the kicker needs to make at least one of the 3 he missed. This is why I generally Hate college football the coaching and refereeing in the NFL is superior....by far....

I know I risk getting beatdown for saying this, but Tebow's option plays reminded more of Turner Gill back when Nebraska was rolling over everyone than Vick or Randall Cunningham. A number of people have mentioned him as a potential Patriot in the future....I am not so sure....the Pats trade that far up to get him...I don't see it..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Apologies to the University of Arkansas Football Team:
    [QUOTE]If anyone has the boxscore let me know; I can easily see the Razorbacks having over 100yrds in penalties called aginast them. Bad playcalling on 2nd last series by ARK's OC could easily had cost them the game....the kicker needs to make at least one of the 3 he missed. This is why I generally Hate college football the coaching and refereeing in the NFL is superior....by far.... I know I risk getting beatdown for saying this, but Tebow's option plays reminded more of Turner Gill back when Nebraska was rolling over everyone than Vick or Randall Cunningham. A number of people have mentioned him as a potential Patriot in the future....I am not so sure....the Pats trade that far up to get him...I don't see it..
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

Penalties: Florida: 3 for 16 yards...Arkansas: 10 for 92 yards. The refs giftwrapped this one for Tebow. With Florida down 20-13, two hideous calls, for PI and an even more bogus personal foul call...gave Florida the game tying TD. Its' a shame that the referees are increasing deciding games in both college and the pros.

Heres' the boxscore:
    http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=292900057

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Everyone gets hosed against Florida. They basically gave them a go-ahead TD against LSU last week.

Tebow the righteous is too good a story.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

I'm not a fan of either team, but I watched the whole thing.

You could complain about the blown calls (and they were awful), or you could complain about Arkansas' 2 MISSED FIELD GOALS.  Seriously, Arkansas lost because their kicker couldn't handle a 27 yarder, and Florida's kicker hit a 51 yarder.  End of story. 

I detest Florida, but c'mon; Arkansas had their chance.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZekeMowattreturns. Show ZekeMowattreturns's posts

Quit your crying haters.  Good teams find ways to win bad teams find ways to lose.  If you are Patriot fans you know this firsthand.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not a fan of either team, but I watched the whole thing. You could complain about the blown calls (and they were awful), or you could complain about Arkansas' 2 MISSED FIELD GOALS.  Seriously, Arkansas lost because their kicker couldn't handle a 27 yarder, and Florida's kicker hit a 51 yarder.  End of story.  I detest Florida, but c'mon; Arkansas had their chance.  
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

He missed a 37 yarder...not a 27 yarder.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Quit your crying haters.  Good teams find ways to win bad teams find ways to lose.  If you are Patriot fans you know this firsthand.
    Posted by ZekeMowattreturns[/QUOTE]

Bet you were wearing your Tim Tebow jersey when you posted...LOL!! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Yeah I tuned into that game right before the Razorbacks went up 20-13. College football I pretty much don't have a team that I root for, so I root more for a good game. Even the announcers were a little surprised by the calls. Should not have called that Pass Interference and that unnecessary roughness was a joke. They totally didn't see what happened there. Then at the end should have called a PI against Florida when the receiver was grabbing the DB to prevent the pick. In the end close game, but would have liked to see Florida win it without the aid of the officials.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah I tuned into that game right before the Razorbacks went up 20-13. College football I pretty much don't have a team that I root for, so I root more for a good game. Even the announcers were a little surprised by the calls. Should not have called that Pass Interference and that unnecessary roughness was a joke. They totally didn't see what happened there. Then at the end should have called a PI against Florida when the receiver was grabbing the DB to prevent the pick. In the end close game, but would have liked to see Florida win it without the aid of the officials.
    Posted by Wizardsjag[/QUOTE]

Amen...just as I would like to have seen whether the Pittsburgh Steelers could have beaten the Seattle Seahawks in the 2005 SB without the obvious aid of the officials. 

The PI calls in the NFL are ruining the game. Aren't you sick and tired of watching a WR waive his arms to the refs after seemingly every incompletion, in hopes of drawing a PI call...which, unfortunately, the refs many times will buy into? PI calls should be only made when flagrant.    

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from STAUGGY. Show STAUGGY's posts

In Response to Apologies to the University of Arkansas Football Team:
    [QUOTE]     If anyone besides myself is watching this game, they are getting hosed big-time by the zebras...in their game against #1 University of Florida.  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I am from Saint Johns county Fl. were Tebow and kicker Sturgis are from and am happy we stole the game. We had thirteen men on the field for most of the game to insure another win. Does Tony Saprano know the Zebras????????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

The U is back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZekeMowattreturns. Show ZekeMowattreturns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Apologies to the University of Arkansas Football Team :  I am from Saint Johns county Fl. were Tebow and kicker Sturgis are from and am happy we stole the game. We had thirteen men on the field for most of the game to insure another win. Does Tony Saprano know the Zebras????????
    Posted by STAUGGY[/QUOTE]

Im am from Volusia County Daytona Beach.  My family was born and raised around the Saint Augustine area.  Yes questionable call but a wins a win.  Good Teams Win Bad Teams Lose.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Apologies to the University of Arkansas Football Team:
    [QUOTE]     If anyone besides myself is watching this game, they are getting hosed big-time by the zebras...in their game against #1 University of Florida.  

Tex... I saw those two calls, talk about "home town" calls.  How can ANY Florida player be proud of this win?  But, I have to add, neither flag gave the points to the Gators, the Arkansas D gave up those 4th quarter points.  Is does have to be demoralizing, though, to see such flags.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Apologies to the University of Arkansas Football Team : Tex... I saw those two calls, talk about "home town" calls.  How can ANY Florida player be proud of this win?  But, I have to add, neither flag gave the points to the Gators, the Arkansas D gave up those 4th quarter points.  Is does have to be demoralizing, though, to see such flags.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Disagree...those calls most definately led to a bogus Gator TD.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Apologies to the University of Arkansas Football Team :      Disagree...those calls most definately led to a bogus Gator TD.      

Yes, those penalties didn't help Arkansas.  But, I can't help but ask:  Why couldn't the Razorbacks D stop the Gators O from getting to the endzone? 

Both squads had to make plays and Florida succeeded better.  I always take it with a grain of salt when a team complains about penalties.  Yes, they hurt the effort, but, what about after the penalty, how did your team perform?  To say the penalties were the cause of the loss is too simple an excuse.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Apologies to the University of Arkansas Football Team :      He missed a 37 yarder...not a 27 yarder.

I stand corrected.  It was a 38 yarder.  He also missed a 40 yarder.

Both of those are must haves.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Apologies to the University of Arkansas Football Team : I stand corrected.  It was a 38 yarder.  He also missed a 40 yarder. Both of those are must haves.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

Obviously missing those two FGs didn't help the cause. But, take away those two penalties and you take away 7 points, and the momentum, from Florida. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redbarchetta88. Show redbarchetta88's posts

Allow me to paraphrase what every Razorback fan is saying.

"Waaaaaaaaaaa! BooooooooooooooHooooooooooooo! We got Cheated!"

What next. Blaming the refs for Tejada's two missed field goals? Don't blame the zebra for blowing a game you should have won.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from smileybennyhill. Show smileybennyhill's posts

[QUOTE]Allow me to paraphrase what every Razorback fan is saying. "Waaaaaaaaaaa! BooooooooooooooHooooooooooooo! We got Cheated!" What next. Blaming the refs for Tejada's two missed field goals? Don't blame the zebra for blowing a game you should have won.
    Posted by redbarchetta88[/QUOTE]

Anyone who doesn't love a come-from-behind, last-minute victory just doesn't understand the grit of competitive sports. Arkansas, ranked or otherwise, played a great game, caused turnovers, held Florida (at least at the outset) to abysmal yardage, and exposed the nation's top team's deficiencies. 

The Hogs delivered expectations of possibility and well-deserved pride to their fans, and put knots into the stomachs of the Gator faithful everywhere. They represented themselves, the SEC, and the world of college football well. Without a doubt, they were Florida's most threatening opponent so far this year. 

Thanks go out to both teams for playing a barn-burner of a game

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

As a person living in AR, this was a difficult one to swallow.

I thought the officials gave this one to the highly-overrated Tebow.  We did EVERYTHING possible to win that game and they stole it from us. 

I couldn't stand it when the Hogs lost, I figured they'd be talking about how "tebow brought his team back and won it with a championship effort".. not about how they choked 3 times in the redzone, missed a fieldgoal, and the AR defense stepped up and played the game they had to play and kept the Gay-Turds from getting the ground game going. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]Allow me to paraphrase what every Razorback fan is saying. "Waaaaaaaaaaa! BooooooooooooooHooooooooooooo! We got Cheated!" What next. Blaming the refs for Tejada's two missed field goals? Don't blame the zebra for blowing a game you should have won.
    Posted by redbarchetta88[/QUOTE]

What explains the refs being suspended by the SEC for blown/missed calls? 

I know the thread was dead, but I wanted to make sure people realized how bad the game was officiated.. bad enough for the SEC to swallow it's pride and suspend a group of their refs.