Aqib Talib = POS ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Aqib Talib = POS ?

Aquib Talib is now Patriot material ...eh ?

Been following the Pats since the 70's and this is the first time I've ever felt that there's a Patriot  that I cannot in good conscience root for .

When BB brought in Dillon - I thought it was brilliant .

The guy was disgruntled but it was clear his issue was with the Bengals org.

When he brought in Moss - I thought it was brilliant .

Like Dillon it was a case of being stuck in a dysfunctional situation.

When he brought in Haynesworth -  I thought it was brilliant .

His laziness was disconcerting and the kicking of a Cowboys Lineman was egregious - but it happened in the field of battle and I thought BB would motivate him to excel .

When he brought in Ocho -  I didn't like it ( thought he was a clown and done anyways )

When he brought in Kellen Winslow Jr - I hated it ( punk - more trouble than worth )

Now BB is so desperate to win he's acquired a piece of dirt ?

Personally  - Talib's getting into a fight at his rookie symposium or swinging his helmet at team mate Donald Penn ( a semi-punk himself ) doesn't totally bother me  , nor does his substance abuse suspension ( none of which is idea - but not hangin' offenses either )

The situation that makes me totally lose respect for this turd is his beating on the taxi driver.

This article pretty much sums it up .

Bucs' Talib charged with battery on cab driver | TBO.com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Aqib Talib = POS ?

Hey Pac Man is still in the league aint he... What about Wheatley, Butler and Wilhite.>??

Yea, I'll take Talib, please n' thank you

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

IMO

Edelman situation was completely different  - all charges voluntarily dropped

( unlike the Talib taxi beating where the victim was payed off to make it go away )

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Yeah. But who cares?

If he acts up ... hit the road like Haynseworth. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

POT(alented)S 

As long as he only fights opposing WRs, I could care less. He has a chance to win a SB and make some serious bank this season. All he has to do is tow the line...

I really wish Ty Law or Rodney Harrison were coaching our DBs, they'd help keep Talib in line, but, as it stands, aside from Gregory, Talib is one of the oldest members on the secondary. 

Not a lot of people that can mentor him. Maybe Vince can take him under his wing. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Please , this is why as fans, just stick to football. If you went and dug up everyones rap sheet, u wouldnt watch anymore. Like Deion Sanders say, you want your Cbs to have that "dog" in him.

Hows the patriots way working in the back end the last few years? Why is Pacman still in the league after ALL the stuff he did??  I know players that played for N.E. in the Hay day. Most players arent saints. Do  they mature with age and when they settle down w/families , sure, but listen... Let me tell you.

I used to work with Ty Laws cousin , Ray who moved up here when Ty was drafted to R.I. Remember the exctasy case when Ty said he had his cousins bag and didnt know...well, that was the cousin and he said he told Ty to say it was him to save his career or whatever. I sold Bud to Tully Banta Cain and JR Redmond and smoked with Redmond. I mean these are regular cats and getting the squeky clean guys dont assure you anything. U need players like this and we had none in the back end. ONly Spikes on the WHOLE team is nasty so Im all for it. Stop being naive. Football players are humans and a lot  come from the hood, thngs follow them,. He will be better off field IN N.E. rather than Tampa.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Normally, I am appalled by this kind of behavior, but, like many others, I seem to be able to accept it if a) the player turns into a good citizen in the future and b) he helps the Patriots win!

Here's a welcome back to our resident Jets fan troll.  We haven't heard much from him in the last two weeks.  Anyone have an explanation for that?  Also, why isn't he pointing out that Brady is all washed up?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Z ,

It's a question of "where do you draw the line " ?

What if the taxi driver was a female ?

Would that be a deal breaker ?

Or what if BB next decides that a convicted child rapist is Patriot material ?

Sadly , I get the feeling that for many  - if the rapist was also a true shut down corner  , he'd be welcomed onboard .

The Patriots are entertainment for me  -  not the holy grail .

IMO ...

Rookie HC Greg Schiano took the high road on this move and the vet BB uncharacteristically allowed his desire to win at any cost prevail .

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Every player deserves a second chance.  If he messes up in NE.. then he's gone.  Simple as that.  He plays well... then Pats finally get a true number 1 CB they have been without. 

For a team that has one true weaskness... the reward out weighs the risk at the moment. 

Solid move by BB.

Hey Hess.... 1969. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to CaptnFoxboro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Z ,

Sadly , I get the feeling that for many  - if the rapist was also a true shut down corner  , he'd be welcomed onboard .

IMO ...

Rookie HC Greg Schiano took the high road on this move and the vet BB uncharacteristically allowed his desire to win at any cost prevail .

[/QUOTE]

It's a question of where the Krafts and BB draw the line. They think he is reformed. His last statement about not contesting his suspension seemed like he might 'get it'.

Who knows?

Where do I draw the line? Bona fide rapists, murderers, and child molesters. People who should be serving time. Most of the things that athletes do are things that are reformable. 

Assaulting a cab driver? Dude's got issues ... plural ... but it doesn't make him the 'scum of the earth' IMO. I've gotten angry and almost beaten the tar out of someone once. That would have been an assault charge.

It wouldn't make me the scum of the earth either.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow- What a great thread showing the wishy washiness of the NE pats fan!If any other team picked up a criminal like this guy you would all be saying that a guy just like would never able be allowed to wear a pats jersey.

Well guess what-That criminal is now one of yours-What a bunch of F'n Hypocrites

Note to Triple OG-If you are going to admit online that you are a drug dealer then maybe you should think first.But I'm guessing your brain is so full of pot resin and bong water that you couldn't figure that one out for yourself... Dope is for dopes.

I really hope somebody tracks down this fool down through his IP address

[/QUOTE]

I dont know what you are talking about Bro. I never said anything about selling drugs..  but I'll let you tell it.   Why dont you tell the mods, im sure they would be pleased to know....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

Z ,

IMO ...

[/QUOTE]

What about Rapistburger?  Noone seemed to think he was expendable in Pittsburgh. I totally get your point Capn, but my point is in the real world, its about results and GMS know a lot more about players then we do and they draft high risk players every year because those guys are usually good and help ur team to win. Like I said. Kyle Arrington may be the nicest guy and all but what good is it if he cant cover?

also didnt Jerome Simpson get caugth with like 22 pounds of smoke and he is still playing? Sure he went to the Vikings but im gonna guess they knew about it. There are plenty of REAL drug dealers in the NFL..   Guys carry guns because things in the hood follow them. People want to rob , extort players. This guy shot at someone who was abusing his sister,. Id probably do the same. He fought at the rookie symposium. I like it. Means he will FIGHT for the ball with Wrs and not just watch them catch it.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Every player deserves a second chance.  If he messes up in NE.. then he's gone.  Simple as that.  He plays well... then Pats finally get a true number 1 CB they have been without. 

For a team that has one true weaskness... the reward out weighs the risk at the moment. 

Solid move by BB.

Hey Hess.... 1969. 

[/QUOTE]

A second chance??? This guy has already had three of those.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

Aquib Talib is now Patriot material ...eh ?

Been following the Pats since the 70's and this is the first time I've ever felt that there's a Patriot  that I cannot in good conscience root for .

When BB brought in Dillon - I thought it was brilliant .

The guy was disgruntled but it was clear his issue was with the Bengals org.

When he brought in Moss - I thought it was brilliant .

Like Dillon it was a case of being stuck in a dysfunctional situation.

When he brought in Haynesworth -  I thought it was brilliant .

His laziness was disconcerting and the kicking of a Cowboys Lineman was egregious - but it happened in the field of battle and I thought BB would motivate him to excel .

When he brought in Ocho -  I didn't like it ( thought he was a clown and done anyways )

When he brought in Kellen Winslow Jr - I hated it ( punk - more trouble than worth )

Now BB is so desperate to win he's acquired a piece of dirt ?

Personally  - Talib's getting into a fight at his rookie symposium or swinging his helmet at team mate Donald Penn ( a semi-punk himself ) doesn't totally bother me  , nor does his substance abuse suspension ( none of which is idea - but not hangin' offenses either )

The situation that makes me totally lose respect for this turd is his beating on the taxi driver.

This article pretty much sums it up .

Bucs' Talib charged with battery on cab driver | TBO.com

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Captain. Be prepared for the idiot homers to start referring to you as a troll...LOL!!!  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Z ,

IMO ...

[/QUOTE]

It's a question of where the Krafts and BB draw the line. They think he is reformed. His last statement about not contesting his suspension seemed like he might 'get it'.

Who knows?

Where do I draw the line? Bona fide rapists, murderers, and child molesters. People who should be serving time. Most of the things that athletes do are things that are reformable. 

Assaulting a cab driver? Dude's got issues ... plural ... but it doesn't make him the 'scum of the earth' IMO. I've gotten angry and almost beaten the tar out of someone once. That would have been an assault charge.

It wouldn't make me the scum of the earth either.  

[/QUOTE]

Hey Z...it's not just the cab driver issue. This guy has repeatedly gotten himself into jams.