Aqib Talib = POS ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Re: Aqib Talib = POS ?

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

First they allow Edelman to stay on the team after his sexual misconduct case and now this guy!?

Is this type of player really going to emulate the so called patriot way?!

I agree with the prior poster -Desperate times call for desperate measures but this is just ridiculous!

Hey gang -It's great to be back-Old Leon took it on the chin with Sandy but hey I'm a New Yorker and we adapt to anything and everything except of course that NE accent!

[/QUOTE]

Lol  What's the "Jet Way", loserboy?  Talk mountains of snot and then fade early?  Difference between the two teams is that bad character guys go to the Patriots and act better, anyone going to the Jests becomes a loudmouth problem child.  Like you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

.....I'm certainly not qualified to cast the first stone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow- What a great thread showing the wishy washiness of the NE pats fan!If any other team picked up a criminal like this guy you would all be saying that a guy just like would never able be allowed to wear a pats jersey.

Well guess what-That criminal is now one of yours-What a bunch of F'n Hypocrites

Note to Triple OG-If you are going to admit online that you are a drug dealer then maybe you should think first.But I'm guessing your brain is so full of pot resin and bong water that you couldn't figure that one out for yourself... Dope is for dopes.

I really hope somebody tracks down this fool down through his IP address

[/QUOTE]

Hypothetical F'n Hypocrites

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

POT(alented)S 

As long as he only fights opposing WRs, I could care less. He has a chance to win a SB and make some serious bank this season. All he has to do is tow the line...

I really wish Ty Law or Rodney Harrison were coaching our DBs, they'd help keep Talib in line, but, as it stands, aside from Gregory, Talib is one of the oldest members on the secondary. 

Not a lot of people that can mentor him. Maybe Vince can take him under his wing. 

[/QUOTE]

i posted a thread yesterday with the same query. very few responses.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Please , this is why as fans, just stick to football. If you went and dug up everyones rap sheet, u wouldnt watch anymore. Like Deion Sanders say, you want your Cbs to have that "dog" in him.

Hows the patriots way working in the back end the last few years? Why is Pacman still in the league after ALL the stuff he did??  I know players that played for N.E. in the Hay day. Most players arent saints. Do  they mature with age and when they settle down w/families , sure, but listen... Let me tell you.

I used to work with Ty Laws cousin , Ray who moved up here when Ty was drafted to R.I. Remember the exctasy case when Ty said he had his cousins bag and didnt know...well, that was the cousin and he said he told Ty to say it was him to save his career or whatever. I sold Bud to Tully Banta Cain and JR Redmond and smoked with Redmond. I mean these are regular cats and getting the squeky clean guys dont assure you anything. U need players like this and we had none in the back end. ONly Spikes on the WHOLE team is nasty so Im all for it. Stop being naive. Football players are humans and a lot  come from the hood, thngs follow them,. He will be better off field IN N.E. rather than Tampa.

[/QUOTE]

thanks for the story insights triple.

taxi cab thing didnt sound good, however i seriously doubt the older taxi drivers report.

not condoning the behavior, but i imagine a big difference of opinon and or i could imagine, likely some racist stuff was said, and talib being from a place where you dont get away with that, esp in front of the guys (ie serious disrespect and you gotta show you are a man).

by all reports talib is a smart guy and very tough. he does come with a different code than any due to where he grew up. his latest issue with adderol was nto about acting out. i see more and more players are beign caught with it, the "greenies" of football (see mlb)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to CaptnFoxboro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Z ,

It's a question of "where do you draw the line " ?

What if the taxi driver was a female ?

Would that be a deal breaker ?

Or what if BB next decides that a convicted child rapist is Patriot material ?

Sadly , I get the feeling that for many  - if the rapist was also a true shut down corner  , he'd be welcomed onboard .

The Patriots are entertainment for me  -  not the holy grail .

IMO ...

Rookie HC Greg Schiano took the high road on this move and the vet BB uncharacteristically allowed his desire to win at any cost prevail .

[/QUOTE]

schiano is building a program, bb is this much from a super bowl and legend status, who knows how far from retirement, or how close bradys is. reverse the scenario and i could see the same choice played out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to CaptnFoxboro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Z ,

It's a question of "where do you draw the line " ?

What if the taxi driver was a female ?

Would that be a deal breaker ?

Or what if BB next decides that a convicted child rapist is Patriot material ?

Sadly , I get the feeling that for many  - if the rapist was also a true shut down corner  , he'd be welcomed onboard .

The Patriots are entertainment for me  -  not the holy grail .

IMO ...

Rookie HC Greg Schiano took the high road on this move and the vet BB uncharacteristically allowed his desire to win at any cost prevail .

[/QUOTE]

What about Rapistburger?  Noone seemed to think he was expendable in Pittsburgh. I totally get your point Capn, but my point is in the real world, its about results and GMS know a lot more about players then we do and they draft high risk players every year because those guys are usually good and help ur team to win. Like I said. Kyle Arrington may be the nicest guy and all but what good is it if he cant cover?

also didnt Jerome Simpson get caugth with like 22 pounds of smoke and he is still playing? Sure he went to the Vikings but im gonna guess they knew about it. There are plenty of REAL drug dealers in the NFL..   Guys carry guns because things in the hood follow them. People want to rob , extort players. This guy shot at someone who was abusing his sister,. Id probably do the same. He fought at the rookie symposium. I like it. Means he will FIGHT for the ball with Wrs and not just watch them catch it.

[/QUOTE]

+, +, and plus points

the cabbie incident intolerale behavior (but not worth dumping as a first offense ie vs same thing twice. id like to hear his side. i laid out a likley scenario), the rest of the incidents, yes nasty football player, tough, not a reason to dump.

suh is borderline attempting to commit murder on the field and hes barely gotten slapped on the wrist. picking up guys and spiking them on their neck into the fake turf like they are a camping tent  spike could easily end a qbs life, never mind career.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Please , this is why as fans, just stick to football. If you went and dug up everyones rap sheet, u wouldnt watch anymore. Like Deion Sanders say, you want your Cbs to have that "dog" in him.

Hows the patriots way working in the back end the last few years? Why is Pacman still in the league after ALL the stuff he did??  I know players that played for N.E. in the Hay day. Most players arent saints. Do  they mature with age and when they settle down w/families , sure, but listen... Let me tell you.

I used to work with Ty Laws cousin , Ray who moved up here when Ty was drafted to R.I. Remember the exctasy case when Ty said he had his cousins bag and didnt know...well, that was the cousin and he said he told Ty to say it was him to save his career or whatever. I sold Bud to Tully Banta Cain and JR Redmond and smoked with Redmond. I mean these are regular cats and getting the squeky clean guys dont assure you anything. U need players like this and we had none in the back end. ONly Spikes on the WHOLE team is nasty so Im all for it. Stop being naive. Football players are humans and a lot  come from the hood, thngs follow them,. He will be better off field IN N.E. rather than Tampa.

[/QUOTE]

You're such a tool all enamored with your own life stories.  No one cares that you did any of that. Trust me.  Those of us who went to college know plenty about "bud" and anything else and don't need to justify any experience with that as a way to make it seem like you are smarter or "cooler" than others here. 

You're like some little 16 year old who tries too hard. lmao

Dork.

I once moved in on Eliza Dushku.  You act like being around anyone who is semi-famous or famous is some kind of a badge that you need to wear here.

Please "tell" us, Shizzly.  You're so cool!

[/QUOTE]

And at what point did I mention anything about being cool? U calling me a dork is pretty funny coming from the resident clown so no need to go further on that. I mentioned it because SOME people act like all football players are saints so I had to share what I know but like I said, these are regular folks to me its Eeediots like you who have no conctact with real people from the outside world that would think its bragodocious. I know a lot of folks. I was born Here and raised here. Dont me mad cuz u live in N.C. where the housing is cheap and its duller than a butter knife. And why are you bringing up AGAIN that YOU and others attended college?  Do you have  my resume in front of you??  U are the definition of Pathetic. You are gone a week and start a thread that NOONE comments on so noone missed you, Go back to your basement and Jack to your Chung Poster....lol

[/QUOTE]

why respond brother. 

if it aint adding to the converation, dont feed it.

there'll be other posts to respond to.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

.....I'm certainly not qualified to cast the first stone.

[/QUOTE]

i thought "we were all perfect" by the likes of the way many posters attack others around here.

so rare to hear someone NOT point a finger at another.

thanks for the mirror 07

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Everybody deserves a fresh start.

I have to imagine that BB got the inside scoop from Schiano and some reclaimation projects have done well in NE. So they took a shot.  

At worst he had a beef with a cab driver and he pistol whipped a repeat sex offender who had been seeing his sister.

Sex offenders are the most despised characters on the planet and who hasn't wanted to beef with a cabbie?

The onfield incident bothers me more than those things.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Quit whinning or become a Tennis fan if you don't like it.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OutofTownPATS Fan. Show OutofTownPATS Fan's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah. But who cares?

If he acts up ... hit the road like Haynseworth. 

[/QUOTE]

+ 1. exactly BB says play shut down or hit the road

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

1.  Weed in college = Big whoopty do

2.  Gun incident with sisters boyfriend = Charges dropped and from everything I've read on it was understanble and excusable. 

3.  Assault on cab driver = Only charge that seems to warrant legit concern.  Unable to dig up backstory.

4.  Got into a scuffle with a teamate = These things happen even with our choir boy "Patriot Way" players.  One incident can be overlooked.  Numerous incidents is when you have to consider the guy cancer. 

5.  Took an upper during spring camp = Somewhat serious, but he manned up about it and is currently paying for it.  Spikes did this same thing last year and this year he is the poster child of our defense. 

While his track record isn't pretty, it doesn't paint the picture of some troubled miscreant thug that is going to be nothing but trouble either.  I'm willing to give him a clean slate and the benefit of the doubt, and he is saying and doing all the right things for a guy who genuinely wants to be respected and turn things around. 

I'm sure BB did his due diligence on this guy, and I'm also sure he will be "getting the talk" and a length of rope the moment he sets foot in Foxboro.  For a 4th rounder, it was well worth the gamble in my opinion. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I don't know. His problems aren't really 'thug' problems in the sense that he isn't getting into nightclub shootouts/stabbings, or getting picked up with mass quantities of recreational drugs. 

He fought with a teammate. 

He fought with a cab driver. 

He fought with his sister's BF. 

IT paints the picture of a young man with rage issues. But not a thug. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Hey leon,  I would rather have Talib than a corner back with 10 children and 8 different mothers and he doesnt even know the names of half them. LOL. I bet you do take it on the chin.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

It just shows that they finally realize that the SECONDARY IS THE PROBLEM! I guess if he screws up he's gone.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Wow, Talib hasn't even hit the field yet and there are folks already dumping on him!  Knee jerk reactions and, insome respects, opinions which appear to make BB not know what he is doing.  Don't you think BB saw something none of you see AND he may have spoken with the player for more insight.  Do some of you have "secret" intel you need to tell BB?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow, Talib hasn't even hit the field yet and there are folks already dumping on him!  Knee jerk reactions and, insome respects, opinions which appear to make BB not know what he is doing.  Don't you think BB saw something none of you see AND he may have spoken with the player for more insight.  Do some of you have "secret" intel you need to tell BB?

[/QUOTE]

I am sure BB knows about all this stuff... His record on guys with checkered pasts is not perfect though... Corey Dillon worked out, they got some good years out of Randy Moss, but Haynesworth and Ochocinco did not change their ways when they got to New England. Do you not think he spoke to those guys for more insight before he signed them... BB can get things wrong. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

FrnkBnhm - At least give the player a chance on the field.  Seems some of these posters aren't doing that at all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

FrnkBnhm - At least give the player a chance on the field.  Seems some of these posters aren't doing that at all.

[/QUOTE]

I definitely want to see what he can do. If the defense improves, and this team wins the Super Bowl with Talib being a major contributor. It could go down as one of the best in season trades in football (especially since so few happen). Even if Talib leaves for more money after the season, if the team wins it is worth it... 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I definitely want to see what he can do. If the defense improves, and this team wins the Super Bowl with Talib being a major contributor. It could go down as one of the best in season trades in football (especially since so few happen). Even if Talib leaves for more money after the season, if the team wins it is worth it... 

[/QUOTE]

I would agree with that.  I still think this D will shock people who have themselves brainwashed that it isn't very good.

Right now, there is a stigma tied to this defense even with the national media that it's not good. Improvement needed, but unless you're SF and Houston, having spent 7 years collecting top 10 picks, you aren't some juggernaut D in this league. It just doesn't exist as much anymore.

[/QUOTE]

I hate to nitpick, but this is not an accurate statement at all... The 49ers have 2 defensive starters they drafted in the 1st round, the Texans have 3... The Patriots have 5 (Wilfork, Mayo, Hightower, McCourty and Jones).