Are the Patriots the team? 2011 1st and 2010 2nd for Oaklands 2010 #8 overall

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Are the Patriots the team? 2011 1st and 2010 2nd for Oaklands 2010 #8 overall

There's a report saying the Raiders have an offer in place from an unnamed team.  That team offered a 2011 1st round and a 2010 2nd round for the Raiders #8 in 2010.   Could that team be the Patriots?  Would it be the oak 1st round or the patriots 1st round in 2011. 

I think this would be a good trade and I would pick one of three players, Derrick Morgan, Rolando McClain or JPP.  Derrick Morgan is the best complete LBin the draft and has it all height, weight speed that BB wants in a 34 OLB.  Now JPP although I'm a bit nervous on because he's only got 1 year of experience looks to be best pure pass rusher and athlete out of the two.  Who would you take?

This trade would give the Pats 2 1st round and 2 2nd round, in the 1st round say Morgan at #8 and Odrick at #22.  That would improve our D with just those two picks.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/raiders/detail?&entry_id=60198

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2010/03/patriots-looking-to-trade-up.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: Are the Patriots the team? 2011 1st and 2010 2nd for Oaklands 2010 #8 overall

just noticed there was a thread about this already.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Re: Are the Patriots the team? 2011 1st and 2010 2nd for Oaklands 2010 #8 overall

Could be we know Bill likes to deal with the Raiders and Al trusts him I guess even after fleecing him.  I have no idea what they are doing at this point.

I agree with this article though that states the Fans usually go nuts when he trades down so my bet is if he trades up they will do the same. 

Another interesting thing is the players they have to be targeting if they do this move are the ones I said a couple weeks back and got slammed for even suggesting they might go after a guy like CJ (won't say why it is out there enough). Only thing this adds is Oakland to the mix of Denver and Jags as possible trade partners and a couple Olinemen who I don't think they will trade up for just due to the depth there and also there are bigger needs elsewhere but I could be wrong on that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Patriots the team? 2011 1st and 2010 2nd for Oaklands 2010 #8 overall:
    Could be we know Bill likes to deal with the Raiders and Al trusts him I guess even after fleecing him.  I have no idea what they are doing at this point. I agree with this article though that states the Fans usually go nuts when he trades down so my bet is if he trades up they will do the same.  Another interesting thing is the players they have to be targeting if they do this move are the ones I said a couple weeks back and got slammed for even suggesting they might go after a guy like CJ (won't say why it is out there enough). Only thing this adds is Oakland to the mix of Denver and Jags as possible trade partners and a couple Olinemen who I don't think they will trade up for just due to the depth there and also there are bigger needs elsewhere but I could be wrong on that.
    Posted by DaBlade

HEY WHERE IS MY PICTURE?!...weird there it is

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Patriots the team? 2011 1st and 2010 2nd for Oaklands 2010 #8 overall:
    Could be we know Bill likes to deal with the Raiders and Al trusts him I guess even after fleecing him.  I have no idea what they are doing at this point. I agree with this article though that states the Fans usually go nuts when he trades down so my bet is if he trades up they will do the same.  Another interesting thing is the players they have to be targeting if they do this move are the ones I said a couple weeks back and got slammed for even suggesting they might go after a guy like CJ (won't say why it is out there enough). Only thing this adds is Oakland to the mix of Denver and Jags as possible trade partners and a couple Olinemen who I don't think they will trade up for just due to the depth there and also there are bigger needs elsewhere but I could be wrong on that.
    Posted by DaBlade

I would not trade up for C.J. Spiller, only for the LBs or one of the two big DTs fall to 8.  Spiller I don't like, I think in the 2nd you can get Jahid Best who is similar to C.J. or Ryan Matthews bigger but still very fast 4.37 at 220lbs. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I wouldn't rule out Dan Williams either.  He's an absolute beast and can play the 3 or 5 technique as well as the nose.

If it is us, I would bet it would be for the Raider's 2011 not ours since the Raiders don't expect to have a higher pick than us.  I hope it is #53 and not #44.  If this trade is made prior to the draft, from 8 we could get to #2 or #3 for Suh.  Word is Detroit thinks Spiller is the next Barry Sanders dropping Suh another slot.  Then you have TB at #3 who really doesn't need a DT then WAS who already spent a fortune at the position.  Now we're at #5 with KC and all the connections.  The move from 8 to 5 could be done with some swapping of picks or adding a player like AD.

But, I'd take Dan Williams over any prospective OLB/DE conversion type.  The bust rate in converting players is too high and the Pats have never drafted an OLB in the first 5 rounds let alone the first round. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

It is us. I had dinner with Belichick and Tebow the other night and he filled me in. He asked me not to say anything but the cat is out of the bag so no big deal. He is going to use Oakland's # 1 and our #1 to trade up and get Suh. He wants to play Suh Both ways using him as an "H" back on offense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Its gotta be a team looking to grab one of the QBs.  No way Belichick trades this far up in such a deep draft, especially giving up the first rounder next year when there is likely to be a rookie salary cap.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Of course we also traded a 4th for Moss

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blue-Berry. Show Blue-Berry's posts

If there is a lockout in 2011 are all picks lost? If so, I go for the trade. I hope it's for an impact player on def or wr. If the Patriots stay where they are I suggest...

1st Rd - Jared Odrick DT Penn State
    2nd Rd - Jerry Hughes OLB TCU
    2nd Rd - Damian Williams WR USC
    2nd Rd - TRADE to Bears for TE Greg Olsen

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Blue, the draft is still held if there is a lockout.