Are the Pats too soft?!?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hischus83. Show hischus83's posts

Are the Pats too soft?!?!

Hey guys, is it me or are the Pats too soft??? This team got talent but in my opnion they don't really play with the same passion the Pats used to play with!
    I remember back in the super bowl years the pats were a smack mouth team, lot of movement on D getting guys from other teams confused, I remember Tedy Bruschi and Johnson coming up to the line of scrimmage and O lineman false starting just from their presence! Wide receivers scare to death of crossing the middle of the field because Rodney was there waiting to rip their heads off! NUMBER 55 BIG WILLY always rushing that corner, Ty Law and co. jamming WRs, Smith and Dillon powerful running hitting those holes with strength!
    Don't get me started on Lawrence Maroney! The guy is better fit for the Boston Ballet than the NE Patriots with that dancing around he does.
    I don't think we need a trade I think we need passion, we need pride for being a PATRIOT!!!
    Thanks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Re: Are the Pats too soft?!?!

In Response to Are the Pats too soft?!?!:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys, is it me or are the Pats too soft??? This team got talent but in my opnion they don't really play with the same passion the Pats used to play with! I remember back in the super bowl years the pats were a smack mouth team, lot of movement on D getting guys from other teams confused, I remember Tedy Bruschi and Johnson coming up to the line of scrimmage and O lineman false starting just from their presence! Wide receivers scare to death of crossing the middle of the field because Rodney was there waiting to rip their heads off! NUMBER 55 BIG WILLY always rushing that corner, Ty Law and co. jamming WRs, Smith and Dillon powerful running hitting those holes with strength! Don't get me started on Lawrence Maroney! The guy is better fit for the Boston Ballet than the NE Patriots with that dancing around he does. I don't think we need a trade I think we need passion, we need pride for being a PATRIOT!!! Thanks
    Posted by hischus83[/QUOTE]

They certainly aren't as tough as they used to be. When teams play smash mouth football against them they struggle. Similar to the Colts of 2003 and 2004.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rugger02. Show rugger02's posts

Exactly what I was saying back in 2007, the Pats had turned into the 03 and 04 Colts. It is now only in small spurts (last few games of 07) do you see the physical play which made them a dynasty just a few short years ago.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Achainsaw. Show Achainsaw's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Pats too soft?!?!:
    [QUOTE]Exactly what I was saying back in 2007, the Pats had turned into the 03 and 04 Colts. It is now only in small spurts (last few games of 07) do you see the physical play which made them a dynasty just a few short years ago.
    Posted by rugger02[/QUOTE]

Defensive schemes are to overcomplicated, these guys are always hesitant and seem worried to give up a big play. They have to think too much and they really need to be allowed to play football.

Plenty of tough guys back there now though(Bodden, Merriweather,McGowen, Mayo, Wilfork, Warren, even Guyton is not afraid to hit). But Adalius Thomas? How does an outside linebacker account for half a tackle in a game(Denver). Thats only half a tackle more than Brittany Spears had, and she didn't even play.

Its a coaching issue. BB has a lot on his plate and has for a while.  Sudo O-Coordinator, sub par D-coordinator, and I think maybe he likes it that way b/c he let someone who would be a superior coordinator than Pees go(Capers) and Crennel is available if he  wanted him.

Then--Weis, Crennel, Pioli

Now---?, Pees, Caserio

Think if Crennel or Capers are D-coordinator, you see a hard hitting aggressive defense

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

We need a hard hitting defense, one that isn't afraid to get up in the QB's grill, jam receivers at the line, ect. It worked against Flacco.