Are we as Fans loyal to the Players or Organization

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-in-charger-country. Show pats-fan-in-charger-country's posts

Are we as Fans loyal to the Players or Organization

We as fans want the organization to be loyal to the players but we fans are not loyal to the players. Take Brady for example, he is 100% but even then we are worried about him going down and thinking about drafting/trading for his replacement.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Are we as Fans loyal to the Players or Organization

While I admit to rooting for the laundry, I don't think you can put just anybody in the jersey and expect the fans to buy the product.

I live on the prairie, where the local 11 just brought in the face of their biggest rival to run its offense, while the local fandom (for the most part) sat back and applauded. I could not imagine such a thing. Would Pats fans cheer for and old and broken down Peyton Manning? I like to think they wouldn't, but ultimately it is the ownership group that has brought the Pats to the top and kept them there, while players come and go. Someday soon (depending upon your definition of "soon") we are going to have the conversation we are now having about Richard Seymour about Tom Brady.

That should be interesting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I would say both, I love the Pats but I also get p issed off when a guy liek Seymore gets treated like this. I like our players and I wish they would all take the home town disscount but they dont so in the end we say good bye and keep on loving our team but that doesnt mean I was ok with watching all the players from teh super bowl years walk away. so the answer IMO is both

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeonLike. Show LeonLike's posts

Hey Pmike-Tha pats haven't won anything in quite a few years now.Just the facts!

You should be having that conversation about Brady right now!He's old and is becoming very fragile.One hit to the knee and he's gone all of last year and one to the shoulder this year and he's a question mark.

Hey but I wouldn't worry if I were you guys with that stellar draft you had last year!LOL-I gotta go but don't worry Gang....Leon will be back!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Did a Jets fan just mention that the Patriots hadn't won anything in quite a while?

Well, they won the Conference two seasons ago -- not to mention the divsion.

When was the last time Green New Jersey did even that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

When was the last time the Jets won a championship? Or even made it to one?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-in-charger-country. Show pats-fan-in-charger-country's posts

Jets are just concerned about selling seats in their new stadium. Do we actually believe Rex Ryan is a better head coach then Ratgini?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I agree with Mike that I'd NEVER want to see them bring in Manning as an old vet in Foxboro! Yet I can understand the people of Minnesota liking the idea. The Vikings are 0-4 in SBs, and their last loss was what, over 30 years ago? Patriots fans are a bit more "spoiled" in that department. So I can understand the "desperation" (we all felt it back in the 70s!) that Vikings fans must feel. And you are right about Brady. Great QBs can beat just about anyone...the one exception is time. Would we really want to see Tom playing like Favre, dreaming about his "Glory Days" (to quote Springsteen). I wouldn't, and I suspect Tom doesn't want to "fade away", either. Better to go out like Elway, with a Lombardi, knowing your next stop was Canton five years down the road. I think Favre is bored with fishing, and needs something constructive to do with himself. Brady will have that. But when the time comes, this place will be like WWIII! A lot of people will want him to finish his career here. People were quite upset when Montana was traded to KC. And it looks like it was a bit premature. I wonder if Walsh would have kept Joe. But I'm rambling. I think Tom walks away in say, five years. Hopefully the way Elway did, with a trophy in his hand.

Taz, I have to agree with your sentiment here. While it is the team that we all love, there are key players whom you just hate to see go. My worst one was Willie Mac. He was here when they stunk. He went to four bowls with them. And the defense just hasn't had that guy who always gets it done on D when they need it the most in the postseason since he's left. I know he cannot play like that any more. But IMO he is right up there with Brady, Law, Troy, Tedy, etc. as true Patriots HOFers, and I'll always think of them as Patriots. That was the core (along with BB). Maybe the trade is good for Seymour. In Oakland he may not get to the playoffs, but he'll surely stand out. If they used him as a 4-3 DE he'd probably rack up some sacks. It's a contract year, and 2010 might be uncapped. He's better than his numbers show in NE. He knows it's a business, and BB just doesn't pay top dollar for 10 year vet players on a long term contract. They are essentially getting their money back (Seymour was picked #6 overall), and he will get his contract elsewhere. It would have came down to it next March. And the most they would have received was a third round comp. I hate to see key guys go, but now it's time for some of the younger guys to step up and become the new leaders. This also seems like a vote of confidence for Ron Brace. I doubt BB would leave himself too thin on the D line. Maybe we'll get to see Richard sack wiseazz Rivers a couple times! I have to stick with the team, but I hope Sey gets a fat contract with a contender...in the NFC!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

In the NFC is right

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

The Jets last won a championship on January 12th, 1969 with a panty hose wearing quarterback beating the Colts in Super bowl 3. If the Jets could win a championship, NASA then began believing they could actually put a man on the moon...and they did it 6 months later..NASA did it again and again, but the Jets haven't done it since. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while, but not very many and not too often .If you want to inspire an attempt at the impossible, have the Jets win something....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanwell. Show Stanwell's posts

I will not forget Bruschi or Vrabel or Seau or Vinatieri or Troy Brown or Branch or Law or Milloy or Seymour or McGinest or Crennell or Pioli or Hobbs or Ted Washington or Bethel Johnson or Doug Flutie. I remember Brady in three different offenses (but not the first batch of running backs -- I started to learn about football after the 2001 championship.)  'genius Belichick' managed the media and won a championship with no-namers and got me hooked. But between the injuries and the quest for perfection, the sport is ruthless. Just ruthless. Agree about the era of free agency.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanwell. Show Stanwell's posts

ps I also remember the panty hose guy, and the Statue of Liberty :-P

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanwell. Show Stanwell's posts

"Watch Joe Namath get crrreamed!"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from iclaudius. Show iclaudius's posts

+
    Nice, bubthegrub2.

Also Stanwell, MVPkilla, patsfaninchargercountry, prairiemike.

But mountainmonkey, YOU had me laughing out loud Thanks!

(hi, Leon)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Um, definitely the organization.  Maybe you want them to retain certain players but you have accept that a lot of it has to do with players seeking more money than the organization can offer and having less to offer themselves in terms of player value than perhaps they had at one point. 

I agree - seeing Seymour traded away to the worst franchise in the league is an example that they are all pawns and that, frankly, the organization itself does not feel for players needs.  I don't even know if I would have made the trade in Madden because it's almost so unrealistic.  But at the end of the day nobody is a big enough fan of Seymour, Vrabel, Samuel or even Brady to root for another team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

I am a PATRIOTS fan, just like I am a Red Sox, Celtics, and Bruins fan. However, that does not keep me from rooting for individuals playing elsewhere, if I have an interest in them. I loved Nolan Ryan, for instance, but rooted against him when he pitched against the Sox. I always loved Joe Montana, too, but if the Pats were good enough to be seeing him in the SB back then, I'd have been screaming to knock him on his a** - lol. Wes Unseld, Hakeem Olajuwon and Magic Johnson in the NBA. I loved Paul Westphal and thought the C's never should have traded him, but stayed a C's fan and rooted for Paul until he played us in the playoffs. Then, he was the enemy.
    I even root for other teams, if they have something I like or admire. I grew up in Boston, but have lived in the Midwest since the late 70's, so I have a soft spot for the Royals that began with their terrific seasons in the early/middle 80's, including the I-70 WS against St Louis in '85. So much for small market teams not being able to be successful (though it is tougher today, and that was then). I loved the hard nosed Chiefs teams under Schottenheimer, too - Run it down their throat (Christian Okoye) and play mean D. Too bad you still needed a QB to win in the playoffs (KC hasn't had a decent one since Len Dawson!). 
    I think you can be a fan of both a team and players, and I think it is your own choice if you decide to favor one or the other. Who am I (or anyone else here) to tell you differently? It's called free will.