Arrington signed to a 4 year contract

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Arrington signed to a 4 year contract

1. Patriots and CB Kyle Arrington have an agreement in principle on a four-year contract, per source.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: Arrington signed to a 4 year contract

Should this make us worry about Talib's chances of returning?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Good....just keep him away from the outside corner spots

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

That's fine long as he never plays anything other than nickel.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

It shouldn't but i thought they might have signed talib first then went for the other pieces.

Certainly makes the chances of re-signing Talib greater if you can clear out the other deals first.

Get Arrington, Amendola, Abraham, Jones, Washington, Wilson, etc locked down, and then have a better idea of where you're at cap wise.

Then get Talib's contract finished up and we're sitting pretty. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

i actually think this almost guarantees talib will be back

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

4 years?  Hmm!!  I was hoping they used that money to bring in the Honey Badger!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Bottom line is the best available corner in Sean Smith signed with KC @ 3/18mil.  I don't see why Pats wouldn't be able to pay even that to Talib, if not for a little less.  I can't see how Pats would lose out on Talib, unless Pats never really wanted him back. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

pretty much. As a slot guy he's pretty good. I'd rather of had Cason as an upgrade but just as long as Arrington isn't on the outside I'll take it. We still need Talib. What I'm scared of is even with Talib the secondary wasn't the best and I was hoping with the amount of talent out there and the reason contracts signed that we could have upgraded Arrington

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

4 years?  Hmm!!  I was hoping they used that money to bring in the Honey Badger!

Mathieu is a draft pick and they still could. You really need to go 3-4 deep in CB so if they resign Talib, Talib, Dennard, Mathieu, and Arrington isn't bad. Would rather have Cason or Lewis over Arrington but still not bad. Though not the upgrade I wanted to happen in a deep CB class

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

I know this won't be popular, but it's a fantastic move if coupled with Talib or a Cason type at LCB.

Very tricky in letting a guy who knows the system cold is solid as an emergency starter on the right, walk away.

He was never going to get 5 million like RKrap preidicted either.  Deep Cb market limited his leverage. Good move for both sides.

BB is really putting on a clinic.   Wow.

Announce Adrian Wilson and hopefully Talib and I will have a full on pants tent.

I am on the fence. Should I be flattered that you follow me around like a poodle and try and quote me? Or should I be pissed that you have a strange crush on me and feel you have to put words in my mouth?

I never predicted Arrington would get $5M.

Now call me liar...and I will save you the trouble. This is what I posted;

Field Yates

Beyond the Big 3: Kyle Arrington

"Projection: Not re-signed; lands a three-year deal elsewhere worth up to $15 million. Ultimately, look for another team to give Arrington an offer too good to refuse. Cornerback Aaron Ross earned a three-year contract for up to $15.3 million last offseason from the Jaguars, and that seems like a reasonable barometer for Arrington this offseason. If a team believes it is getting the 2011 version of Arrington, it will consider this a good deal for a starting-level corner."
    I am not Field Yates

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to dapats1281's comment:

pretty much. As a slot guy he's pretty good. I'd rather of had Cason as an upgrade but just as long as Arrington isn't on the outside I'll take it. We still need Talib. What I'm scared of is even with Talib the secondary wasn't the best and I was hoping with the amount of talent out there and the reason contracts signed that we could have upgraded Arrington

with talib out there, the pats pass defense was much improved...even in the baltimore game, before talib got hurt, they were shutting down the ravens offense. once talib went out, they had marquice freakin cole playing on anquan boldin at times...id say that was advantage ravens. i agree that their secondary depth was bad last year, but i cant disagree more with the premise that they were a bad secondary with talib out there. it just isnt true, talib improved that secondary drastically, which is why so many of us want him to be back.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Arrington24_7: Thankful and Blessed for another opportunity. Extremely grateful for all the support from the NE community and beyond

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

sign Wilson, Talib and draft a corner in the draft... fix our secondary...get a pass rusher via FA and a DT in the draft... best patriots defense in years

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

sign Wilson, Talib and draft a corner in the draft... fix our secondary...get a pass rusher via FA and a DT in the draft... best patriots defense in years

Abraham and/or Freeney is the pass-rusher we need. That takes care of that. I agree on Talib and Wilson... get those two guys in here and the secondary is fixed.

At that point, get a talented interior DL either via the draft or FA, and then use the remainder of the draft to continue to add talent.. the Honey Badger would be great, but BPA is good enough.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to Rocky's comment:

Arrington24_7: Thankful and Blessed for another opportunity. Extremely grateful for all the support from the NE community and beyond

He's a good guy, too. I don't get why people bash him. He hd a great SB and filled in well for Talib in the AFC title game.  I don't expect every Pats player to be Ty Law or some All Pro.

Don't take for granted good, steady system players who are here for the right reasons.

Hard worker, helps on STs, good guy, gets it, etc.

great person, but not great football player but I agree with you

25. This post has been removed.