Arrington

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trident13. Show trident13's posts

Arrington

Seriously, this guy is fricking horrible.....if we don't have anyone better than him, or he doesn't drastically mold into a better player quick, we will be eaten alive in many games that lie ahead of us.  What do you guys think of Arrington?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFCMal. Show SFCMal's posts

Re: Arrington

In Response to Arrington:
    [QUOTE]Seriously, this guy is fricking horrible.....if we don't have anyone better than him, or he doesn't drastically mold into a better player quick, we will be eaten alive in many games that lie ahead of us.  What do you guys think of Arrington?
    Posted by trident13[/QUOTE]

He is what he is and we have to deal with that. Other players have stepped up on Defense since the beginning of the year and hopefully he will too. If not then BB will scheme the position with other players in certain situations and teams played until someone does step up and take the position. I don't see anyone coming off the waiver wire this late that could be any better than the guy that has been there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Give the guy a break.  He's young, he's learning.  If Bodden weren't on IR and if Butler had lived up to his billing he'd be strictly special teams.  He's contributing as best he can.  He one of ours and you should be pulling for him to get better instead of whining about it. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Arrington is better than the rest of the guys who could play the position because BB only plays the guys who fit and that are ready to play. If Butler had applied himself and became a more disciplined defender then he would be starting but obviously that isn't the case. Go Hofstra! Heck I didn't even know that Hofstra had a football team....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trident13. Show trident13's posts

In Response to Re: Arrington:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Arrington : He is what he is and we have to deal with that. Other players have stepped up on Defense since the beginning of the year and hopefully he will too. If not then BB will scheme the position with other players in certain situations and teams played until someone does step up and take the position. I don't see anyone coming off the waiver wire this late that could be any better than the guy that has been there.
    Posted by SFCMal[/QUOTE]

I agree, I just watched the NFL replay of the game and Arrington looked like a fool...Just frustrating.  Grant it, McCourtey didn't look great either, but you can tell he is working his butt off and the potential is there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I don't feel he's so bad.  Because Boldin beat him? Boldin is going to beat a lot of people.

I think he's ok with some potential to grow.

Why do fans here constantly need a scapegoat to be dramatic about? 

What's next?  Tate stinks because he hasn't caught a 70 yard bomb yet?

Either elaborate on why Arrington is "frickin' horrible" or tone it down.

Also, it's "granted", not "grant it".   If you are going to complain about someone who is a professional and helping the team win, maybe you should look at your own flaws first.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I actually think that Arrington is going to be a decent corner. When I watch passes thrown his way, receivers seem to have less separation than when Hobbs was back there. Sure it isn't terrific but I see promise. I have trouble with Butler because he seems easily fooled and has crummy technique. I wouldn't give up on Arrington at all. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

arrington is decent but it seems half the time hes not even there to try to make a play. atleast most of the time butler was around the ball even if he didnt make a play on it.i think the guy will get better but i would like to see butler in there taking his lumps and getting playing time.the guy has talent and needs to just let things happen and stop thinking about it so much.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trident13. Show trident13's posts

[QUOTE]I don't feel he's so bad.  Because Boldin beat him? Boldin is going to beat a lot of people. I think he's ok with some potential to grow. Why do fans here constantly need a scapegoat to be dramatic about?  What's next?  Tate stinks because he hasn't caught a 70 yard bomb yet? Either elaborate on why Arrington is "frickin' horrible" or tone it down. Also, it's "granted", not "grant it".   If you are going to complain about someone who is a professional and helping the team win, maybe you should look at your own flaws first.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

You got a good point on who beat him, and I also agree that BB will scheme to help him out in certain situations.  Seemed like Butler had tons of potential and kinda just lost it.  Don't know what happened there.  And thanks for correcting my grammar, it's important to do that in forums.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

From what I can tell he seems like a very stout tackler but is not the quickest guy out there; he tried to jump a route there near the end and came real close.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arrington : You got a good point on who beat him, and I also agree that BB will scheme to help him out in certain situations.  Seemed like Butler had tons of potential and kinda just lost it.  Don't know what happened there.  And thanks for correcting my grammar, it's important to do that in forums.
    Posted by trident13[/QUOTE]

With Butler, I think he's raw. It's that simple. He's good in man, weak in zone. It's why Springs replaced him last year as well.  It's why Butler was in zone coverage

It's clear to me that Arrginton at least grasps zone. There was a play in the MIami game where he had the middle coverage and came back in to the make the tackle. 

It reminded me of a classic BB D where he's got everyone in the proper spot in zone and they reacted well so there was no YAC.

And of course, he's a great tackler from his Special Teams mastery from last year.

It's not really grammar, it's not even using the right word.  You can learn something or you can't. Take it how you want.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Butler is in mental traction right now. Arrington is all they  have.

I wish this defense had Bodden, because that was a big loss especially from a developmental perspective where they could have hidden Arrington and Butler in the nickel role and let them get more experience/confidence.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Agreed. Bodden's loss kills me. Kills me.   I really thought with a 2nd year here, he'd challenge for a Pro Bowl at CB.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from trident13. Show trident13's posts

I'm sure we'll pick another CB up this off season in the draft.  Bodden's injury did hurt us at the CB position.  Hope he returns stronger than ever.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

I think Arrington is holding his own especially for being strictly a special teams guy. Anything right now is better than Butler....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Don't what you're talking about, Arrington is the man.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I thought he has played okay. He stopped the bleeding at that position. He's not a guy you want as your starting corner but he did come in and applied some duct tape to the massive hemorrhage at that position. He hasn't been massively exploited like Butler. Maybe Wheatley will be able to cover that spot soon. I don't know what else can be done at this point.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

He may not be Deion Sanders, but here's a guy who went undrafted, wasn't even talked about in the entire offseason, and he's stepped up big time with Butler struggling and Bodden on IR.

How much better off you think this team would be if we DIDN'T have Arrington at that 2nd corner spot, and had Wilhite there instead?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Arrington is probably one of the better half of tackling cbs in the league. He and mccourty are part of the reason rice never broke one long, and sproles and mathews are going to be a challenge this week outside. For an inexperienced nobody going against a pro bowler, I'd say he deserves our praise, granite.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Did you notice that with Arrington in they started throwing passes to McCourtey's side of the field? I think that indicates that they didn't think he is totally inept. When Butler was in that never happened and he was picked on all the time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

its not a good thing when our cbs have names like errington and assler

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I think Arrington has played well considering the limited reps he has had at corner. The Boldin td seemed more like confusion in the secondary rather then just 1 man beating the other. I also have noticed that Kyle can support the run very well, he hits hard and has good tackling ability. Not sure why the OP is so down on him?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

To Sportsbozo:Hofstra had a foot ball team but have just recently dropped the spoy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

Go get them Arrington!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I also think Arrington has played ok.  He's certainly played better than I thought he would.  It's not like he got beat by Joe Lunchbucket last week.  He might surprise us.

That said, the best outcome is for Butler to climb out of his crisis of confidence and get back out there.  I'm not giving up on Butler yet.  He will climb out of the ditch he's in - although I don't know if it will be this year.